Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EVO FQ300 Vs AMS Modified EVO X **MAGAZINE TEST**

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by sblvro
all evo's of the past have AYC then S-AYC except USDM. So, really you will not notice much of a difference in handling from all these imported evo's.

The article says the RS does not have AYC.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 08:11 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CaliMR
The article says the RS does not have AYC.
it says that it still has S-AWC which can be ACD and S-AYC except for the sport ABS brakes.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/s...-lancer-evo-x/
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sblvro
all evo's of the past have AYC then S-AYC except USDM. So, really you will not notice much of a difference in handling from all these imported evo's.
Wrong. AYC was introduced on the Evo IV.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

That author likes the Subaru better. Why pick him to write an Evo comparo then? Stupid mag... Great work though AMS! Too bad they didn't have someone better to write the article.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

guys... people by nature don't like change... here in trinidad.. you should hear the evo enthusiasts... they hate the evo x.. ask them if they ever drove one? answer is no... but get this... i remember when the evo 7 came out.. everyone was braying about how ugly and detuned the body looked.. now imagine they are comparing the evo x to that now as the benchmark!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
This guy is retarded. Amongst constantly using false acronyms (TC-SSC...) and other retarded, miss-informed comments, he contradicts himself. He says the 5-speed in the GSR is a "retrospective step... [with] others in this class having 6-speed gearboxes in their armoury." But then goes on to emphasise the "tougher five-speed manual gearbox" that the "lithe RS" comes with. It's the same gearbox!!! lol, what an idiot.

Another great part, he complains about the launch but never put the car in s-sport mode which is the only way to use the launch control. What a crappy article.

Oh, and when thinking "wholly crap, 430 ft-lb torque" just remember that that dyno also quoted the stock fq-300 as having 346 ft-lbs. So that 430 ft-lb is probably more like 280-300 ft-lb considering they gained about 25% over stock and most dyno's quote stock ft-lb around 230-250.

Last edited by ddawg1130; Sep 3, 2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

i had an evo8 rs jdm model and the car was a real blast to drive i use to do a lot of racing but know that iam not into racing i wanna buy the new evo mr its just more refine for daily driving and has more comodoties and thats what iam looking for in the end its what you want.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:53 PM

I want that tq!!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
nice ! congrats!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very cool!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 09:57 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Originally Posted by Cloud
Wrong. AYC was introduced on the Evo IV.
that is what I meant also the AYC was the cause of all the recalls on the IV of mitsubishi japan.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
The guy that wrote the article sounds like an evo 6 fanboy that has probably hated every evo since. He prefers his evos cheap, simple, and raw and doesn't have any respect for the car being nicer and more refined than past evos. He didn't really comment on the car's strong points, like how it handles better than any evo of past and has about the best chassis that an evo has ever had. So what if it's a little slower in a straight line? It handles better, and that's what an evo is supposed to be all about.

Well, he was comparing two Evo X, so essentially, the handling perspective is not relevant.....neither did he say anything about Evo X having bad handling. He merely says that he enjoys the older Evos more because they did not have the "all show no go" parts. This is why the Evo X RS feels more like how the car should have come with. I think he was as enthusiastic about the Evo X (given it's an RS) than older Evo, so I am not sure why you felt he was biased.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, he may have had two evos on hand that he compared a bit, but the article was about comparing the X to older, more "raw" evos of past. My problem with the guy is the fact that he's *****ing about the car having a sub in the trunk and basically says that any evo that comes with more than a drivers seat and a cage is stupid, which is not what any evo, especially the X, is all about. It's about the practicality of a four door saloon that can whoop up on most sports cars.

The X imparticular is supposed to be a bit more refined with a higher overall build quality while still maintaining and improving upon the performance of past evos. The only category where this car falls short is straight line speed, but who cares? You should always look at handling first and foremost when evaluating a sports car, not the straight line speed. With a good engine that's responsive to mods, that's easily fixed.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by si_to_evo
Not bad mitsu! just start imprting those raw RS to US
I agree lets get a move on!
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that's not a very fair comparison at all. the RS would be faster bone stock, then they modify it and compare it to a GSR with SST? what's the point? you already know who's going to win. that 0-60 time is horrible though.

Quick Reply: EVO FQ300 Vs AMS Modified EVO X **MAGAZINE TEST**