Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EVO FQ300 Vs AMS Modified EVO X **MAGAZINE TEST**

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
No, he may have had two evos on hand that he compared a bit, but the article was about comparing the X to older, more "raw" evos of past. My problem with the guy is the fact that he's *****ing about the car having a sub in the trunk and basically says that any evo that comes with more than a drivers seat and a cage is stupid, which is not what any evo, especially the X, is all about. It's about the practicality of a four door saloon that can whoop up on most sports cars.

The X imparticular is supposed to be a bit more refined with a higher overall build quality while still maintaining and improving upon the performance of past evos. The only category where this car falls short is straight line speed, but who cares? You should always look at handling first and foremost when evaluating a sports car, not the straight line speed. With a good engine that's responsive to mods, that's easily fixed.
i smell a fanboi. just give it up already. the EVO X is slow. yes it can be modded into a beast for not much $$$$. but you shouldn't have to spend 30-40k on a car, then have to mod it just to make it the car it should have been from the factory.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sblvro
it says that it still has S-AWC which can be ACD and S-AYC except for the sport ABS brakes.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/s...-lancer-evo-x/
No S-AWC on the RS. No S-AYC on the RS either:
Attached Thumbnails EVO FQ300 Vs AMS Modified EVO X  **MAGAZINE TEST**-snapshot-2008-09-05-13-09-31.jpg  
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Yea I really didn't care for his writing. I mean come on he didn't even put it in Super Sport. Afraid the clutch might burn up. What a tool. Anyways... Lets hear for AMS.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 12:35 PM

IX owners are like bitter about how well the X responds to mods. Int he end the IX is fast stock we know this. Its an amazing car. But the interior looks like a 96 Civic EX and isnt the most comfortable car. The X sacraficed weight and power advatanges to become a better all around car to a new audience. Ask a girl which car she thinks i sexier and ull see why we spent more.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
i smell a fanboi. just give it up already. the EVO X is slow. yes it can be modded into a beast for not much $$$$. but you shouldn't have to spend 30-40k on a car, then have to mod it just to make it the car it should have been from the factory.
I smell the fanboi. Geeze. If you're going to keep attacking the X, at least make sense. Nobody buys an evo to leave it stock! Who cares about it stock?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

I disagree, there are lots of people who don't mod the Evo. They are usually not on this forum.

I am not sure how to take this article. I think this guy wants a straight up rally car rather then a street car which means it does not apply to 99.8% of daily drivers.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally am waiting for a X or XI RS to come. I want the new chassis, and 4b11, but don't like electronic diffs. Mechanical diffs are more predictable, and with a good driver, can be faster.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Thegame
I smell the fanboi. Geeze. If you're going to keep attacking the X, at least make sense. Nobody buys an evo to leave it stock! Who cares about it stock?
not to mention in England where is the FQ is coming the X is faster from factory then a IX.
The EU spec X runs 5.4 sec 0-60, the Eu spec IX runs 5.7 sec 0-60
So who really cares????
Only in the US the Evos running under 5.4 sec 0-60 under... And there is a big marketing behind that ....
What is the idea behind it? Simple.
In the US more people go by 1/4 mile then handling, period. That is why was really not important to leave the S-AYC in the US Spec VIII or IX, and just simply replace it with the required evaporization system. They could have place it some where else to but like this was cheaper.
And really who cares? Not an average US person. Look what most of them fights for.. 0.4 sec to 1/4 mile... Pathetic. They have really no idea why and for what, the evo is really made for. Good for 1/4 ? Great, it is just a bonus

All around the world people buying evos for the possibilities and not for factory numbers.
With that idea /OEM performance/ the Evo RS models would be never sold in any country...

And i start getting a feeling most of the haters dont like how the X is going forward... Like couple track record/ where is many previus model runned and never broke/

So anyway. botton line is, Buy evo if you are a racer or the tuner guy. Otherwise you made a wrong decision, period. And this is true all the Evo's.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 09:46 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
not to mention in England where is the FQ is coming the X is faster from factory then a IX.
The EU spec X runs 5.4 sec 0-60, the Eu spec IX runs 5.7 sec 0-60
So who really cares????
Only in the US the Evos running under 5.4 sec 0-60 under... And there is a big marketing behind that ....
What is the idea behind it? Simple.
In the US more people go by 1/4 mile then handling, period. That is why was really not important to leave the S-AYC in the US Spec VIII or IX, and just simply replace it with the required evaporization system. They could have place it some where else to but like this was cheaper.
And really who cares? Not an average US person. Look what most of them fights for.. 0.4 sec to 1/4 mile... Pathetic. They have really no idea why and for what, the evo is really made for. Good for 1/4 ? Great, it is just a bonus

All around the world people buying evos for the possibilities and not for factory numbers.
With that idea /OEM performance/ the Evo RS models would be never sold in any country...

And i start getting a feeling most of the haters dont like how the X is going forward... Like couple track record/ where is many previus model runned and never broke/

So anyway. botton line is, Buy evo if you are a racer or the tuner guy. Otherwise you made a wrong decision, period. And this is true all the Evo's.

can you show the link?
Old Sep 6, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

can you show the link?
i did in the other post already ... actually the google hepls alot.
but here it is:

post #6
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=367367
Old Sep 6, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ODUB
I think that you calling anyone a fanboy is laughable at best. You're the biggest evo 9 fanboy on this forum. It just pains you that the X is a better overall car than the 9 doesn't it? Your only argument everytime is the straight line speed. AN EVO IS ABOUT HANDLING, AND THE X IS THE BEST HANDLING EVO EVER MADE. Who cares if it's .2 seconds slower 0-60? The chassis is better, the suspension is better, the engine is better, the AWD system is better, the brakes are better, the build quality is better and the car is more refined. I'd say that's a worthwhile tradeoff for a couple tenths in the 1/4 mile. If you want to jerk off to your evo 9 then do it somewhere else and stop trolling the X forums.

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Sep 6, 2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

this odub guy reminds me some capoeira fighter...

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...iraFighter.flv
Old Sep 6, 2008, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^lol!
Old Sep 6, 2008, 03:12 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i did in the other post already ... actually the google hepls alot.
but here it is:

post #6
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=367367
it says, 0-100km/hr not 0-60mph.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

it says, 0-100km/hr not 0-60mph.
yes truly the 100 km/h is 62 mph
But all the test going by number 60... figure that one out.

so 0-60 mph = 0-100 kmh
but now from this year the EU requires to do a 0-62mph numbers. Just to be perfectly fair...

Quick Reply: EVO FQ300 Vs AMS Modified EVO X **MAGAZINE TEST**