Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EVO FQ300 Vs AMS Modified EVO X **MAGAZINE TEST**

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Honestly, who the **** cares what some guy in England thinks? So he doesn't like the X with the TC-SST, it doesn't change how you feel about the car. It doesn't matter what you drive, someone won't like it. If you honestly need other people's opinions to validate your own, you have deeper issues than what car you drive.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
I think that you calling anyone a fanboy is laughable at best. You're the biggest evo 9 fanboy on this forum. It just pains you that the X is a better overall car than the 9 doesn't it? Your only argument everytime is the straight line speed. AN EVO IS ABOUT HANDLING, AND THE X IS THE BEST HANDLING EVO EVER MADE. Who cares if it's .2 seconds slower 0-60? The chassis is better, the suspension is better, the engine is better, the AWD system is better, the brakes are better, the build quality is better and the car is more refined. I'd say that's a worthwhile tradeoff for a couple tenths in the 1/4 mile. If you want to jerk off to your evo 9 then do it somewhere else and stop trolling the X forums.
i don't hate the X. I like it a lot. i just had high expectations for the car, and i was dissapointed. I had planned to get the MR when it came out, but they are too slow. yes, the AWD system IS better, WAY better, that's why i want one. everything about the car is better than the old one except it's speed. i do think mitsu screwed up by not giving the car enough power. that's always been my only gripe with the car. i don't want some modded up EVO breaking down and falling apart all the time. I want something fast from the showroom, and reliable like my IX MR (which i have put 104k miles on already with no problems). In the next couple of years if mitsu puts the X on a diet, and gives it some more power, and works out all the bugs, i'll be driving a X MR. and yes, you are a fanboi
Old Sep 6, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Honestly, who the **** cares what some guy in England thinks? So he doesn't like the X with the TC-SST, it doesn't change how you feel about the car. It doesn't matter what you drive, someone won't like it. If you honestly need other people's opinions to validate your own, you have deeper issues than what car you drive.
yeah, as most have already said, the guy who wrote the article is kind of a douche. he complained about the sub booming in his ear, and was soooo happy that the RS didn't have it... if it's too loud, why not just turn the volume down? that was one of the dumbest complaints i've ever heard of.