Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Need some help!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2008, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help!

I tried doing a search for this, but turns out there's 101 pages of posts with the words "battery" in it!

Anyways, I've been having several issues since i bought my evo X. Another problem started (by my dumbass) is i went to a car show, and not being used to the keyless ignition, i left it on accesories and got out of the car. Well 3 hours later when it started pouring rain, i got in and the battery was dead.... I got a jump and the car was fine for nearly 2 weeks. Well the car has been taking longer to start, and this morning it was the longest. I noticed it was getting worse. I went to work, and when I left for lunch, the car was dead. I got a jump again, and let the car run for an hour and a half pretty much throughout my lunch break. Well i drove it 2 more times until dinner. After I left the restaurant it was dead again! I know this could be an alternator problem, but seriously it's a new car!

I remember reading something before about the X having a special battery, but looking at the battery and at the manual, it looks pretty normal. So can I be able to replace it with a redtop?

Thanks for your help
Old Sep 5, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Can you not just take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 08:16 PM

I could... but I dont have time to drive all the way to the dealer, and im not really sure when I'll be able to. I'd like to just solve the problem so it doesnt happen again.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i would suggest going to the nearest autozone or a similar place just to make sure that you got a bad battery before deciding if its the alternator but it sounds more like a bad battery.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fatalwishes
Can you not just take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it?
A brand new car giving you those issues, really so you have been left stranded twice and still you want to dance around the issue. Take it to the dealer and have then fix it.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:43 PM

agreed..take to the dealer..if you read you manual..its covered under warranty..but i won't say that i left it on tho..if you dealer is **** or not...about warranty.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

leaving the car running will not charge up the battery, you need to drive it around. i would suggest going to walmart or autozone and getting a battery charger. unhook the positive side, and charge the battery over night. if that does not remedy the problem then take it to the dealer, you might have something draining the battery
Old Sep 6, 2008, 09:37 PM

Well, i took the car to advance auto parts and had them check my battery, and it was deader than hell. Could not keep a charge what-so-ever. I remember when i went to the dealer in the first place every single evo was dead. The stock battery is just an enormous piece of crap (seriously, who uses a panasonic battery?)

I just got a yellow top instead.....

Had the alternator checked too, and it was described as "beastly" lol....
Old Sep 7, 2008, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Silentbob812
Well, i took the car to advance auto parts and had them check my battery, and it was deader than hell. Could not keep a charge what-so-ever. I remember when i went to the dealer in the first place every single evo was dead. The stock battery is just an enormous piece of crap (seriously, who uses a panasonic battery?)

I just got a yellow top instead.....

Had the alternator checked too, and it was described as "beastly" lol....
WOW, so you rather waste over 100 bucks?? I am pretty sure the battery is under warranty for at least a year. And **** talking Panasonic if you only knew what Panasonic does. Any who yellow top is more of a POS than you think good luck.

http://www.panasonic.com/ click on business and industrial, you will get bored to learn all the things Panasonic makes.

P.S. You just added 1 more pound of dead weight to your car. Since the Panasonic is lighter than the yellow top and red top.

Last edited by Papi4baby; Sep 7, 2008 at 10:14 AM.