Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Protecting The Front On Road Trips....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2008 | 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Protecting The Front On Road Trips....

So every car ive had ive used Painters Tape to protect the front of the car on road trips, im gonna be taking a 1.5 hr trip to GA this month and I just really don’t fell like taping her up, I was thinking, do you think "pam" would work, think it would some how mess up the paint.....?

Thanks,
Dan
Old Sep 6, 2008 | 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

really thick coat of wax will do the same thing . some people also have used WD40 spray a lightcoat on the front. then the bugs will come off easy. I dont see how pam would hurt your clear coat its just an oil . alot they have the silcone spray lube. it to should help. I have used the WD40 method in past on my TA no Harm.
Old Sep 6, 2008 | 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JaxRRevoX
So every car ive had ive used Painters Tape to protect the front of the car on road trips, im gonna be taking a 1.5 hr trip to GA this month and I just really don’t fell like taping her up, I was thinking, do you think "pam" would work, think it would some how mess up the paint.....?

Thanks,
Dan
sure... if you plan on cooking pancakes on it!

don't follow behind semis, dump trucks, or anything that can kick up stones. leave distance between you and the next car. try a good paste protector wax.