Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Video in Motion for 2 Year Olds?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2008, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video in Motion for 2 Year Olds?

I saw the threads on making the Evo X nav system play DVD's while driving and they are a convoluted mess. Can someone please run through this modification in simple and exact terms?

Where to get patch?

How to burn it to CD?

How to install on Nav system?

Thanks!

The Good Captain
Old Sep 7, 2008, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

If you need such specific details you're probably better off going to a meet and having someone who's done the mod and has an X do it for you.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by DVDee
If you need such specific details you're probably better off going to a meet and having someone who's done the mod and has an X do it for you.

Or maybe someone can distill it down to just a couple of paragraphs instead of 50 posts. If one else will, I guess I'll end up doing it.

Oh well.

The Good Captain
Old Sep 7, 2008, 01:12 PM

Yeah just have someone with a patch installation disk bring it to a meet. Its pretty simple stuff that I'm sure you'd be fine figuring out... Basically, DL the patch, burn to a disk (special type of file though, you can't just drag and drop), and throw it into the harddrive. Just search around a bit and you'll find the thread.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by dyno
I saw that Geaux here on the board has posted this in another thread, so I figured I would start a new one so everyone can see. I just installed it in my car, although I was very nervous (the dealer and I don't get along ) Music server, navi, Sirius, address book, etc., etc. are all still intact and work perfectly. This will not work on Evo X since it comes with a different loader. Not sure about 2009 models either. But it did work on my 2008.

Step 1: Check your system version by holding SET and NAVI together. Proceed to Version Indication. Make sure you have the following versions:

LOADER: BLD-NR-261UM 1.09
APPLICATION: 00.20.68

If you have the listed version and application, proceed.

Step 2:
Download this file: http://www.deltainfo.ro/manuals/mits...MMCS-261UM.rar

Step 3: Extract the .rar file using WinRar or a similar program

Step 4: Burn the .iso file to a CD-R as an image. Burning it directly as a file will not work. I use Nero, and it was an option under the File menu - burn image.

Step 5: Start your car, allow the MMCS to fully load.

Step 6: Insert your newly created CD-R.

Step 7: It will tell you that new software was found and if you want to load. Yes - load it. It took my system about a minute to install. There is a progress bar that appears as well.

Step 8: The system will reboot and again ask if you want to load the new software again -- this time select no.

Step 9: Eject your disk, enter DVD of choice, and enjoy.

There is also a read-me file included with that download that pretty much says the same as my post, along with the disclaimer that I will copy.

Disclaimer
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Relese Note
This is a repackaging of Otaku's dvd-in-motion patch - http://www.takingthingsapart.org/
It is based on the original software version for NR261UM v109/2068 .

WARNING
1. Do not turn off the unit while the program is loading. You may need to go to the MITSUBISHI reseller to restore the original settings. May cost some cash.

2. From the law's point of view, driving while watching a DVD is 100% illegal. Besides that, it may be a death wish. If you have it, do not abuse. Your car, your money, your life. And maybe to the others around you. Don't waste them.

Drive safe.
There is another version for the 09 Evo's so be sure to check the system version and loader.