Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Blow Through - Vent to Atmosphere

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cpunlamd
The old style Tial is better than the new Q IMO..
They're actually very similar to each other except the Q flows more air, so they sound a little different. The Q actually uses the exact same springs as the 50mm, but they're rated differently for each valve since the internal height is different.

I just got the old 50mm because I found a used one in perfect condition for cheap, otherwise I'd probably have the Q.

Last edited by ScottSpeed21; Jan 11, 2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good... probably one of the better and most versatile modifications.

Out of curiosity, were you tuned prior, post VTA or both?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

prior i was untuned and just used the maf to lean it out as much as i could since the stock tune is so rich. then i got a cobb and used the off the shelf stage 2 for about 8 months, and then i got a custom tune this past summer.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by gotrnet
prior i was untuned and just used the maf to lean it out as much as i could since the stock tune is so rich. then i got a cobb and used the off the shelf stage 2 for about 8 months, and then i got a custom tune this past summer.
Good to know I will be trying this with my off the shelf stage 2 also thanks to you, much appreciated
Old Jan 12, 2010, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

I honestly thought this was a thread started to "vent" as in blow off your frustrations and go on a rant. LoL.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

i'm still not 100% sure of the benefits of this set up. the turbo spools faster and u can run a bigger intake pipe and a vta bov?

is that it or can u explain why this set up is beneficial and worth the money? i'm just confused and want some explanation, not trying to criticize at all.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bouncintiga
i'm still not 100% sure of the benefits of this set up. the turbo spools faster and u can run a bigger intake pipe and a vta bov?

is that it or can u explain why this set up is beneficial and worth the money? i'm just confused and want some explanation, not trying to criticize at all.
no worries if you are criticizing, it wouldn't be my first time on here and it prob wont be the last.

as stated in the very first post, the only benefit for me was ease of switching between my autox setup and my street setup. i unfortunately was the victim of some parts that were not properly advertised as incompatible. so instead of going back to the stock setup and trying to sell my buschur lower intercooler piping i tried to find a way to make it work. this thread is the result. there are very few real benefits, you can adjust the air readings of the maf some by twisting the maf around but it is much easier to just get a tune. i only have this up here for those people that like that vta sound, which is purely cosmetic in my opinion. once i found out it worked i thought i would share with the rest of the community. there maybe other advantages, but this was my reasoning behind doing this.