Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Need more Fastest Stock Turbo Evo X on the list!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Post Need more Fastest Stock Turbo Evo X on the list!

I was thinking it's kind of silly that there aren't more Evo X's listed in the following thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=317423

I mean XtremeBoost & I are soakin up all the glory!

If you ran your Evo X with a Stock Turbo at the drag strip, be sure to send in your times to get on the list assuming you felt it was a good run of your car. No need to stir up a hornet's nest of Evo X bashers with any 17 sec timeslips!
Old Sep 20, 2008, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiboost
I was thinking it's kind of silly that there aren't more Evo X's listed in the following thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=317423

I mean XtremeBoost & I are soakin up all the glory!

If you ran your Evo X with a Stock Turbo at the drag strip, be sure to send in your times to get on the list assuming you felt it was a good run of your car. No need to stir up a hornet's nest of Evo X bashers with any 17 sec timeslips!
What am I? Chopped liver? I am about 1 second and 9 mph behind you bone stock with the paper plate still on the car... first round of mods are this monday, and I will have new track times soon after.

Keith
Old Sep 20, 2008, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some guys in Eastern Canada running low 12s, I am not sure if they are on this forum however.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
What am I? Chopped liver? I am about 1 second and 9 mph behind you bone stock with the paper plate still on the car... first round of mods are this monday, and I will have new track times soon after.

Keith
Pretty darn good for stock, will be great to see what you pull out of the hat in the MR with the SST tranny! Pretty much my best time I can pull based on estimates is 12.4 @ 110 as my trap speeds are being restricted by the lack of RPM's in 4th gear and the stock turbo tapering to 18 psi. I think basically I've gotten a solid 100 HP to the crank based on calculators I've seen which is 291 -> 390 or so. The 1.2 seconds and 9 mph seems right as the general rule of thumb is .1 or 1 mph per 10 hp or loss of 100 lbs.

My plan for this Wednesday at the strip is to preload the Forge actuator some more and see if I can force the turbo to hold more boost past 6k RPM. Failing that I'm going to try some 100 Unleaded and lean it out slightly with a slight voltage change to the MAP Sensor which I've already tested to be working as expected based on my O2 voltages. I'm also going to try no lift shifting at around 7000-7200 since I just lose boost the higher up I shift and the turbo is already pegged at 38 Lb/min flow. I'll try launching at lower boost off the 2 step and 25-30 psi tire pressures so that 1st gear isn't a tire melting affair.

If none of that improves my times then the Stock Turbo is finshed! I refuse to pull more weight out of the car beyond the spare, tools, and sub for racing.

Last edited by Hiboost; Sep 20, 2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 09:53 AM
Account Disabled

Oh damn I was not in there. Added my info on the last page.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Geo@SpeedClinic
Oh damn I was not in there. Added my info on the last page.
Nice times, although that is a modified stock appearing turbo and this particular list is for 100% stock turbos with no upgraded wheels. Currently there is a lynch mob going after an Evo 9 owner (Manny) that others are saying was running a Green Turbo, just a heads up! haha

You would definitely fit on this list for Fastest Evo X's though:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=344544
Old Sep 20, 2008, 11:32 AM
Account Disabled

Oh my bad I did not even notice it lol. I think I went 12.4 or 12.6 before on the stocker. Don't remember hehe