Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Mitsubishi : Alaska < pricing insanity>

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi : Alaska < pricing insanity>

So I drove by Mitsubishi today to check out what was on the lot.

same cars that have been sittin there for a while, the white MR is pretty sexy, then i noticed the sticker in the window.....

there was the standard sticker from mitsubishi, showing MSRP etc.., and then next to it was a smaller sticker, apparently from the local dealer.....(I cut out the important info from the smaller, second sticker)

OMFG! 46k???

so i had to go check out a GSR

wow, looks like i wont be buying new

whats invoice on an MR with tech package.. 37k?

Last edited by zTargeTz; Sep 26, 2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Thats actually not as bad as the dealer in Charleston, SC. Although, I picked mine up for about 1k under MSRP from them, just had to jerk them around a bit until they gave me what I wanted... did you try talking to a salesman? BTW, the dealer in Charleston, SC was asking 41k for the GSR and around 46k for the MR.
Old Sep 26, 2008, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

nah, i'm not ready to buy yet. just scouting the battle ground while i prepare my forces (finances)

I just got a deposit on my 99GSX and the Cobra had a serious looker today, so i might have some cash to play with soon.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zTargeTz
nah, i'm not ready to buy yet. just scouting the battle ground while i prepare my forces (finances)

I just got a deposit on my 99GSX and the Cobra had a serious looker today, so i might have some cash to play with soon.
The price will probably be lowered by alot after you talk to the sales for a bit... I went a month ago with no intention of buying, just looking, asking questions... the marked price for a GSR was 34500$ after 30 minutes, I got the price to 32k sharp... still didn't buy it.. ended up paying a little under invoice
Old Sep 27, 2008, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blame your Vice President Nominee...
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
Hahaha, that sucks. You can always order yours from South Coast Mitsu and get it shipped...
Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

shipping to alaska is nuts. I know some people in the industry and will most likely pay 1k over invoice, which is better than i could do getting it shipped up I think.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wongck
Hahaha, that sucks. You can always order yours from South Coast Mitsu and get it shipped...
Thats what I would do!
Old Sep 27, 2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by wongck
than you have to deal with the dealership being *******s to you when you bring your car in for warranty service. There is only one mitsubishi dealership in the anchorage area. They are ****** too
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
Why?
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

GSR x in australia is $59,445 usd drive away i put my deposite for it yesterday.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:56 PM

ya thats cheap even in alaska. In Canada the gsr was selling in some places for 50,000 and at the time our dollar was pretty much par to the american dollar
Old Sep 28, 2008, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by typoist
ya thats cheap even in alaska. In Canada the gsr was selling in some places for 50,000 and at the time our dollar was pretty much par to the american dollar

its not cheap at all. Alaska is just as merican as any other state. the dealership here that sells mitsubishis probably thinks they can mark up prices because of their monopoly on mitsubishis. They are definitely a stealership. Yeah i feel sorry for them canadians, but this is just a case of stupid dealership markup. I remember before the evo x came out these guys had an ad that listed the evo mr for 59k! can you believe that. evo mr for 59k. Thank you, but i'll go get an audi rs4 for that price
Old Sep 28, 2008, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zTargeTz
shipping to alaska is nuts. I know some people in the industry and will most likely pay 1k over invoice, which is better than i could do getting it shipped up I think.
I got mine shipped from cali to Hawaii.. still ended up being cheaper... I'm guessing we have similar retarded "additional dealer markup" stickers.

also, I was lol cause I was thinking, who the hell needs an engine block heater, then remembered you were in alaska.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 07:59 AM

Be happy you dont live in canada because thats a bargain

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi : Alaska < pricing insanity>