Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X mr vs Base model X ~what to buy :S

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could have easily afforded either MR or GSR and I picked the GSR as I think it will be a little more mod friendly. In the end though I wish I would have just went ahead and got the new M3. I have had every issue with the X you have seen pop up on the forums, and half of them still arent fixed. Its like pulling teeth to get the delaership to fix the car. I would still pick the GSR if I had to pick between the X all over again. Maybe next generation SST will spark my interest.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Deannn
Good news, i got my loan approved, need 6300$ usd deposite lol soo my manual w w evo with mr suspesion breaks, bbs wheels will be ready 25th november
also got incontact with local car tuner

" Hi Dean, We will be doing the ECUTEK reflashing on EVO X's but haven't got thesoftware yet - the guys at MRT in Sydney (Australian ECUTEK Distributor)have started doing a couple but we want to ensure it's all sorted beforewe get the software ourselves. Please keep in touch - hopefully it's allworking out ok & we'll be doing them soon. "

YAY
What kind of loan terms do you get down there? I heard that car loans are only 3 years max at 7 percent or something like that forcing you to save for half the car or buy cheaper.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

actualy i was looking at m3's the other week and they are still damn expensive even 2004 model way out of my budget. hehe
Old Oct 2, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mike100
What kind of loan terms do you get down there? I heard that car loans are only 3 years max at 7 percent or something like that forcing you to save for half the car or buy cheaper.
they do anywhere from 1 year to 5max from 10% for new car to 13% or old car i think

I got 5 year @ 10.74% 70,000$ AUD loan. and they want 8,000$ (6300USD) deposite alot of money for a car
Old Oct 2, 2008, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dcasandman
In the end though I wish I would have just went ahead and got the new M3.
I could have bought the new E90 M3 sedan, but I CHOSE the X MR.

The X just "spoke" to me. The M3 just felt like a big heavy luxury sedan, albeit a fast one, and I spent a lot of time in the M3.

I can have a lot more fun with the X on the street and the track, whereas the M3 doesn't get fun until you're going 100+ mph. And, even on the track (where I didn't drive the M3), the M3 will be big and heavy and really hard on brakes and tires.

--michael
Old Oct 2, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Onions
There is a difference between excuses and explainations. If the MR indeed puts down a "pretty hefty amount of whp less then the GSR", how do you explain how the two cars are so close on the track? On some tracks the MR performs even better. There is no way the the whp gap is as wide as you infer.
not me ,the dyno
Old Oct 2, 2008, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
not me ,the dyno
Hmmm, the dyno my car was on showed exact same wheel HP on a GSR and an MR that had the same amount of break in miles on them.... cars with more miles made more wheel HP than either of the low milage cars. One of the higher milage cars had 9 more wheel HP than the low milage cars, the other had 20 more wheel HP than the low milage cars.

Keith
Old Oct 2, 2008, 09:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Hmmm, the dyno my car was on showed exact same wheel HP on a GSR and an MR that had the same amount of break in miles on them.... cars with more miles made more wheel HP than either of the low milage cars. One of the higher milage cars had 9 more wheel HP than the low milage cars, the other had 20 more wheel HP than the low milage cars.

Keith
Stop making yourself feel better, your MR sux (its at high 13s).....BTW can I drive your 05 RS, I will be your best friend
Old Oct 2, 2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by weneversleep
the M3 will be big and heavy and really hard on brakes and tires.

--michael
Sounds like a false excuse to me.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redteam22003
Stop making yourself feel better, your MR sux (its at high 13s).....BTW can I drive your 05 RS, I will be your best friend
Do you have $29,500? You can drive my 05 RS every day for that!

I will be doing mid to high 12's in the MR befor the end of the year, and 11's as soon as somebody comes out with upgraded clutch packs.

Keith
Old Oct 2, 2008, 09:53 PM
Account Disabled

i would like a GSR SST..lucky bastards..
Old Oct 3, 2008, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

Keith
not around here. as i remember, your car made the same whp first then as a GSR.
Some one stated not all SST made equal thought.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
not around here. as i remember, your car made the same whp first then as a GSR.
Some one stated not all SST made equal thought.
We didn't have time to do a baseline on my car. The other MR at the shop ( the first EVO X BR-350, serial number 001) made the same final HP as my car, and it made 211 wheel HP stock. Dave Buschurs shop owned EVO X GSR made 211 wheel HP bone stock... both with very low milage. Since then two GSR's have made 220 wheel HP and 230 wheel HP on his dyno bone stock, but both had significantly more miles on them.

I'm not saying there is no difference... just saying that ANY small data set is subject to huge errors due to the size of the sample more than anything else.

Keith
Old Oct 3, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

We didn't have time to do a baseline on my car. The other MR at the shop ( the first EVO X BR-350, serial number 001) made the same final HP as my car, and it made 211 wheel HP stock. Dave Buschurs shop owned EVO X GSR made 211 wheel HP bone stock... both with very low milage. Since then two GSR's have made 220 wheel HP and 230 wheel HP on his dyno bone stock, but both had significantly more miles on them.

I'm not saying there is no difference... just saying that ANY small data set is subject to huge errors due to the size of the sample more than anything else.

Keith
fair,
more mileage gives usually more whp until a certain point
But we are far from there yet

What i'm saying is in this site, so far the GSR puts down more whp and wtq the the MR.
Until now, since you said it is a same.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr D
Sounds like a false excuse to me.
OK, let me say it a different way.

The Evo X MR was much more fun to drive than the M3. That's why I bought the Evo.

Quick Reply: Evo X mr vs Base model X ~what to buy :S