Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Top Gear Evo X vs. 08 STI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by projectevo9
Bad a$$ video. Thanx for sharing
+1, cool video! I've just started watching TG and love it, those guys crack me up!

btw- what the hell is a FQ360?
Old Sep 30, 2008, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
FQ360 is a UK evo with 360 HP.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

OK I LOVE THE EVO X, but in all fairness it was an unfair match, FQ360 vs a standard sti.....of course the FQ360 is going to literally run rings around an sti ! DUH ! and the evo lost in the race around the track I wish we had the FQ360......
Old Sep 30, 2008, 02:45 PM

anyone who thinks evo X will always beat STi or any other cars are idiot.
You guys are just living in the fanboy dream.

In this thread some dude told ambystom01 to leave this forum because he was defending a subaru??? He wasn't defending a subaru...he was telling us the fact about that video...

It's like person with modded VIII or IX beat the sh*t out of stock X and saying. " oh man that X is nothing compare to my VIII or IX, good thing I didn't spend my money on that sh*tty car!!!" Now...as an owner of X wouldn't you be mad? why? because he used the modded VIII or IX. Would you call it a fair race? I didn't think so. I am sure you are some teenage fanboy who thinks evo X is the greatest car on the road. Person with some kind of knowledge wouldn't say that.

AND please..let's not make this forum look like a mustang forum where people thinks their car is the best in the world...(not saying all the mustang forum people thinks like this, but lots of people in the mustang forum think so.)

Last edited by Dokebi; Sep 30, 2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWD Ninja
OK I LOVE THE EVO X, but in all fairness it was an unfair match, FQ360 vs a standard sti.....of course the FQ360 is going to literally run rings around an sti ! DUH ! and the evo lost in the race around the track I wish we had the FQ360......

The FQ300 SSt lost the race which is basically our MR. Look around and the MR looses almost 1 sec just to 60 compared to the STi because of the Auto. Despite that, the Evo almost almost caught the STi (0.02 sec different FTW)....so the EVO made up at least .5 sec likely more.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Don't forget the MR has launch control. You're right though I suspect the MR essentially caught the STI and would pass it if it had more time. As they said in the review though, it costs significantly more than the STI as well.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

man i bet sti owners hate top gear
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dokebi
anyone who thinks evo X will always beat STi or any other cars are idiot.
You guys are just living in the fanboy dream.
Dokebi: welcome to EvoM: THE fanboy dream. **** like this has gone on since the release of the 8 and the STi back in '03, hell, even before they released **** like this happened. It is a fanboy world here on EvoM, but it isn't nearly as bad as any other car forums I've been on consistently. At least Evo owners will admit that a Formula 1 car would beat them on track... maybe. Seriously though, there are a million Evo vs STi threads, and all of them have the same degree of "Evo = God" concept, even the ones where the STi smokes the Evo.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

Now suabru owners will praise topgear instead of crying about how it sucks everytime a subbie loses.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evokel
man i bet sti owners hate top gear
Not really since in the past Top Gear has preferred the STI over the Evo even if the Evo was faster.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Dokebi: welcome to EvoM: THE fanboy dream. **** like this has gone on since the release of the 8 and the STi back in '03, hell, even before they released **** like this happened. It is a fanboy world here on EvoM, but it isn't nearly as bad as any other car forums I've been on consistently. At least Evo owners will admit that a Formula 1 car would beat them on track... maybe. Seriously though, there are a million Evo vs STi threads, and all of them have the same degree of "Evo = God" concept, even the ones where the STi smokes the Evo.
Exactly, it's as bad as NASIOC sometimes. I've even gotten into debates with people I know about Hondas vs Subarus.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Not really since in the past Top Gear has preferred the STI over the Evo even if the Evo was faster.
Not exactly true. They have said that for a lap of the 'Ring, you would take the Evo and drive the STi home.

This time it was not even close though. I actually think they are being a little hard on the STi but, hey, I ended up with an EVO so....
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

That's what I meant, the Evo was the better track car (faster) but they still found themselves drawn to the STI. Of the two, I still think the STI is the better all-around car. The Evo is a very good performing car (main reason why I'm considering one) but it's not practical. A few people in the local Subaru club considered an Evo but they found that the trunk was laughable at best and they simply couldn't rationalize buying one at their age.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Up until this LAST car that is what they said. Rewatch and you will see they prefer the EVO X to the '08 STi.

On a side note, I think with the new improved 09 WRX there is little reason to get an 08 STi. A few mods at it will be as fast as the STi.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

I know that, I'm just saying from experience it seems that the STI is still the better daily driver although I still want an Evo X eventually (I think).
Don't forget that the STI also has the 6-speed transmission (bulletproof), the upgraded diffs, the DCCD, the bigger turbo stock, better suspension, better brakes, etc. It would cost more to make the WRX an STI than it would to just buy the damn STI.

Quick Reply: Top Gear Evo X vs. 08 STI