Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Top Gear Evo X vs. 08 STI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2008, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Yes, but the RA and the X GSR is dangerously close in pricing...
but drastically different in performance....The RA will go to those who want a "sporty" car that has a nicer interior and sunroof, the GSR for those who want performance and care a little less about the interior...the MR for those who want most of both.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by jimm
Its faster here too...just not by the margin one would expect. I agree that the few mods that it would take to make the WRX faster would also make the STi faster also....but 7K difference the difference seems small....smaller then the Ralliart to MR at least.
The 7K$ difference is still enough. If you can afford the STI, you buy the STI just like if you can afford the Evo, you buy the Evo.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
but drastically different in performance....The RA will go to those who want a "sporty" car that has a nicer interior and sunroof, the GSR for those who want performance and care a little less about the interior...the MR for those who want most of both.
what is so drastic difference between the RA and the GSR interior, if you got the recaro package with the RA?
the shifter boot, two pedals?

ra fully loaded
http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/i/A/1/...iart._dash.jpg

this is a Evo X RS interior. the cheapest one you can find
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-20...d-1024x768.jpg

Last edited by Robevo RS; Sep 30, 2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

No cigarette lighter.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

I dont like the STI either. I hate the flat 4 layout, and the way the engine sounds.

WM
Old Oct 1, 2008, 04:15 AM
Account Disabled

what is so drastic difference between the RA and the GSR interior, if you got the recaro package with the RA?

ra fully loaded

That's a base GSR interior w/o the radio. The JDM RS doesn't have Recaros.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

ra fully loaded

For the ralliart you can get the MR Recaros with seude package, Sunroof, heated seats...Don't think you can get any of that with the GSR...you can add the leather option (not suede although I perfer no suede) but no sunroof (unless you are in Canada) and no heated seats plus you get the SST and 6 gears (on the fence if this is better but to some it will be).
Old Oct 1, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Yes since it's not a station wagon anymore than a civic hatch is a station wagon.
"Hatchback" is nothing more than a marketing word to get away from the stigma of a wagon.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 07:31 AM

For the ralliart you can get the MR Recaros with seude package, Sunroof, heated seats...Don't think you can get any of that with the GSR...you can add the leather option (not suede although I perfer no suede) but no sunroof (unless you are in Canada) and no heated seats plus you get the SST and 6 gears (on the fence if this is better but to some it will be).
Ehh....I think Mitsubishi is letting the RA step too close to the heels of the GSR. It's starting to look more like a de-tuned GSR w/different options than the tuned Lancer Mitsu is shooting for.

If they give the RA too many options and features.....GSR sales will fall. Personally I like the good old days when the Lancer was a turd that nobody thought about buying and the Evo was the clear choice.....now it's starting to get a little cloudy.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by MrBonus
"Hatchback" is nothing more than a marketing word to get away from the stigma of a wagon.
And what's weird about that is that they didn't raise a bunch of **** when the 02-07's were called wagons.....

Now that they slapped an STI badge on there, its a hatchback all of the sudden? Give me a break.

That's like Dodge saying, "well, we tried to make the charger look like a 2 door, but it actually has 4 doors......eh, **** it will call it a coupe"
Old Oct 1, 2008, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TEGGSRB18C1
Ehh....I think Mitsubishi is letting the RA step too close to the heels of the GSR. It's starting to look more like a de-tuned GSR w/different options than the tuned Lancer Mitsu is shooting for.

If they give the RA too many options and features.....GSR sales will fall. Personally I like the good old days when the Lancer was a turd that nobody thought about buying and the Evo was the clear choice.....now it's starting to get a little cloudy.

Probably why no 5speed offered in the RA....Still, the GSR is alot faster in a straight line and on the road the difference is ugly.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by MrBonus
No it's an actual description for the car. I don't see what the big deal is anyways, I like the idea of car that's faster than those costing twice as much but is still practical enough that I could take it skiing, hiking, etc.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 09:35 AM

^^I haven't seen the "boot" of the new STI yet, but I my buddy has an 05 Outback (same design as the WRX wagon, just a different trim) and neither he or I was impressed by the luggage area's space.

Plus it looks like they moved the back seat forward to gain more space wich cramps rear passengers. The only way you could really put anything of any size in there was to fold the rear seats down.

So I hope you're not planning on going skiing and hiking w/friends....cause they'll be walking while they're seats are being used as a luggage area. Mabey the 08's are more spacious, I don't know, I've only seen a couple in my area, which is sad cause I live right down the street from CBRD.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
No it's an actual description for the car. I don't see what the big deal is anyways, I like the idea of car that's faster than those costing twice as much but is still practical enough that I could take it skiing, hiking, etc.
Why is there a Subie fan-boy on a evo forum as a moderator?

The new STI is a "STATION WAGON", deal with it.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by EvolvedVIII
That's a base GSR interior w/o the radio. The JDM RS doesn't have Recaros.
it can come with updated with recaros and electirc windows + AC...
A reason i put this up because it has a recaro But still is an RS.

so the RA comes with the MR seats not the GSR?
Pretty much seems to me , looks like just mine

http://www.evoxenthusiast.com/sec-ot...iart/index.htm

Last edited by Robevo RS; Oct 1, 2008 at 09:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Top Gear Evo X vs. 08 STI