Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

New EVO 0% for 60 months

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2008, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am getting my GSR + SSS for 30,200 =)
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Viciouz
I am getting my GSR + SSS for 30,200 =)
Which dealer did you get that price from? I am also looking for GSR+SSS, so please let m know. Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

I believe it's actually $30,249. SC is doing base GSR's for $29,999, but the ones with metallic paint are $250 more~ $30249. I just picked one up a coupla weeks ago.
Of course maybe he got a totally different deal...
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fastkevin
I believe it's actually $30,249. SC is doing base GSR's for $29,999, but the ones with metallic paint are $250 more~ $30249. I just picked one up a coupla weeks ago.
Of course maybe he got a totally different deal...
We are talking about GSR + SSS, not base GSR.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by grillpt
This whole thing has me wondering if I should go trade my car in? IDK if the X is right for me. I think I'd miss the power my 8 makes. If the dealer was willing to give me a good trade I think I might go for it. Just don't know...

Any of you guys with a X want to chime in feel free...
If you like power, you'll find the X responds much better to mods than the prior gens. My 9 had fuel pump, cams, exhaust, filter, MBC, injectors, rail, and tune, my 10 simply has a filter, exhaust and tune, and they're both making the same power, but the X cost me 1/2 as much to get there. The new Cos cams are apparently worth another 40hp, dropped in, and the Mivec tweaked a little. If I did to the X what I did to my 9, I'd be comfotably over 400hp. Stock turbo, no worries with reliability...nothing. RRE has/is doing a lot of testing with the X, so they'd be a good source to verify this(you don't know me, and I could be smoking crack cocaine ) with.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

I'll post up when i pick up the car tomorrow.

GSR + SSS = 30,200

33k OTD.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

I'll post up when i pick up the car tomorrow.

GSR + SSS = 30,200

33k OTD.
Can you tell me where or pm me plz???
Old Oct 5, 2008, 01:05 AM

I'd like to know where this deal is happening at too... You're in SoCal so I would IMAGINE south coast.

I will PM you about the insurance too.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr D
I'd like to know where this deal is happening at too... You're in SoCal so I would IMAGINE south coast.

I will PM you about the insurance too.
I had to go above and beyond to get the price where I want it... possibly drive very far tomorrow.

Also, I might pick up two cars... so that might explain a lot.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 03:19 AM
Evolving Member

I had to go above and beyond to get the price where I want it... possibly drive very far tomorrow.

Also, I might pick up two cars... so that might explain a lot.
Just name the place that you got this deal from and we'll do our "go above and beyond" part ourself.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fastkevin
If you like power, you'll find the X responds much better to mods than the prior gens. My 9 had fuel pump, cams, exhaust, filter, MBC, injectors, rail, and tune, my 10 simply has a filter, exhaust and tune, and they're both making the same power, but the X cost me 1/2 as much to get there. The new Cos cams are apparently worth another 40hp, dropped in, and the Mivec tweaked a little. If I did to the X what I did to my 9, I'd be comfotably over 400hp. Stock turbo, no worries with reliability...nothing. RRE has/is doing a lot of testing with the X, so they'd be a good source to verify this(you don't know me, and I could be smoking crack cocaine ) with.
My car has cams and all the other goodies as well. Makes good power, but I'm still not sold that the X is just as friendly when it comes to extracting more. The 4G63 is so mod friendly, it's hard to part ways with.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

My car has cams and all the other goodies as well. Makes good power, but I'm still not sold that the X is just as friendly when it comes to extracting more. The 4G63 is so mod friendly, it's hard to part ways with.
Did you read what I wrote? The X is MORE "friendly", but don't take my word for it, call a tuner. I referenced one in my post.
...or don't believe it
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

It has also yet to be seen how long the X engines will hold up with the additional power and what the safespot is. The latter 4g63s had most all the kinks worked out of them and are pretty reliable. No more headaches with crankwalk or the like as was the case with the earlier Eclipses...
Old Oct 5, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eddie
Why would you put any money down with 0% financing. Your better off leaving it in the bank to gain interest.
Because the less you have to finance, the lower the impact to your credit rating.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

I went to the dealership yesterday and made a deal with the 0%. Tomorrow i gotta go finish making out the paperwork and i should be driving an Evo X WW by mid day