Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Which Exhaust system to buy for an evo X

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been trying to decide for myself as to what exhaust to get. I was pretty set on either Buscher or UR dual exhaust but I thought Buscher's looked a little funny and UR wasn't loud enough.

I purpose we start a thread (assuming their isn't one already) with people posting sound clips and pictures of their exhausts, and if you really want to get crazy a dyno sheet of preferably just the exhaust. Sticky hopefully in the future
Old Oct 6, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That GReddy SE looks awesome. All the American made ones obviously offer gains, but they don't do too well in the looks department in comparison to the JDM ones.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 12:59 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to take off a few lbs as well you can get our Aluminum exhaust

Old Oct 6, 2008, 01:02 PM
Account Disabled

Heres a vid of a drive by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hvcJlt5uAs
Old Oct 6, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

This is more what I'm talking, id prefer sound clips since vids are usually lower for audio purposes but ill take what I can get. Not trying to jack the thread, trying to make it easier for people including the OP to decide what exhaust to get with actual data rather than people's opinions.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 01:29 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by murlo26
This is more what I'm talking, id prefer sound clips since vids are usually lower for audio purposes but ill take what I can get. Not trying to jack the thread, trying to make it easier for people including the OP to decide what exhaust to get with actual data rather than people's opinions.

heres one more :

View My Video
Old Oct 6, 2008, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Here is our system with the new quiet muffler: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=371054

The system with the bullet muffler: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=342539

If you do a search you will see how many customers have purchased our exhausts and gave great reviews.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Take care!
Old Oct 6, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Here is our system with the new quiet muffler: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=371054

The system with the bullet muffler: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=342539

If you do a search you will see how many customers have purchased our exhausts and gave great reviews.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Take care!
What kind of weight savings over stock are your catbacks? Seeing as how the new Evo is pretty heavy, got to start shaving pounds where I can.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
I've got this (but the full TBE) and its one of the best IMO.

How many other full, TBEs with dual outputs are out yet? UR is out. AMS is "working on it". Buscher is concerned with making sure you can go over speedbumps (not that you'd head the scrape over how incredibly loud the exhaust is with a test pipe).

The only beefs I have with the UR system is an SES with the HFC (which they have addressed with a new design), wideband ports are an upcharge (which I can understand, I just neglected to get them and regret it) and that gaskets are $18 more (they recommend you use a liquid gasket). Everything else, communication, shipping, etc. was absolutely perfect (before, during, and after the sale).
Any soundclip with that system yet?
Old Oct 6, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by xtremeboost
do you have a 3.5 DP back aluminum exhaust for the evo 8?? 2003....

pm me with some details
Old Oct 6, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve@NrgTech
Any soundclip with that system yet?
Nothing worth a damn of mine, but UR has posted a couple on MRs. I have a couple videos on YouTube from autocrosses, but the radio tends to be on (just search "evolution x autocross goofygrin1" on youtube and you'll get my videos).

Honestly, internet video and soundclips are worthless IMO. Unless the person taking the video has high quality (meaning NOT consumer) gear, then you really won't have a clue as to what something sounds like.

Take for example the Buscher exhaust. I heard the clips online. I heard a car at the dealer idle and rev with it. I though it sounded great and its what I wanted.

I get in a car with one and a test pipe and thought my fillings were going to be floating in the blood that was about to pour from my ears (not really but the thing was SUPER loud).

I immediately removed it from my list.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by goofygrin
Nothing worth a damn of mine, but UR has posted a couple on MRs. I have a couple videos on YouTube from autocrosses, but the radio tends to be on (just search "evolution x autocross goofygrin1" on youtube and you'll get my videos).

Honestly, internet video and soundclips are worthless IMO. Unless the person taking the video has high quality (meaning NOT consumer) gear, then you really won't have a clue as to what something sounds like.

Take for example the Buscher exhaust. I heard the clips online. I heard a car at the dealer idle and rev with it. I though it sounded great and its what I wanted.

I get in a car with one and a test pipe and thought my fillings were going to be floating in the blood that was about to pour from my ears (not really but the thing was SUPER loud).

I immediately removed it from my list.
Thats quite a bit of exaggeration there. The system is not that loud! You make it sound like a funny car.

It is "loud" to some people with the bullet muffler and with the stock cat but personally I think its livable as many run that same system and havent complained of sound. With the ORP it does get a bit louder but that is to be expected but its like CRAZY SUPER BLOW YOUR EAR DRUMS loud like you are is making it sound.

This is David racing our Evo X with the off-road pipe and bullet muffler.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...ack_161199.htm

Some people also wanted it quieter so thats why we offered the new setup.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Thats quite a bit of exaggeration there. The system is not that loud! You make it sound like a funny car.

It is "loud" to some people with the bullet muffler and with the stock cat but personally I think its livable as many run that same system and havent complained of sound. With the ORP it does get a bit louder but that is to be expected but its like CRAZY SUPER BLOW YOUR EAR DRUMS loud like you are is making it sound.

This is David racing our Evo X with the off-road pipe and bullet muffler.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...ack_161199.htm

Some people also wanted it quieter so thats why we offered the new setup.
I like that you listened to the customer and now offer a quieter, clearance issue free version

Your stuff is, in my opinion, function first, form later. David and everyone at Buscher has stated this and I think that that is a fine mantra.

But inside the car, with the "off road pipe" the damn thing was VERY loud. When lugging around in a high gear at low speeds trying to speed up, it was overpowering. There is no way I could get away with that with my wife. I get enough **** from her for the UR one. I'm sure with a test pipe, the UR would be louder than she would be happy with (I have a HFC).

Again, this is my subjective opinion, and I want a loud exhaust, but not a LOUD exhaust if you know what I mean.

Not so "ninja edit" but any chance to get a video without all the obnoxious music? up close? inside the car? That can't be the best video you have to show off the exhaust!?!

"ninja edit #2" something along these lines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgDcelvFc-w (my video)

Last edited by goofygrin; Oct 6, 2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 02:49 PM

Go with the Buschur Catback. Sounds great and is one awesome looking exhaust!
Old Oct 6, 2008, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

speedcircuit