Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Buying Evo X Need Help Negotiating Price

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:26 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by AznX TL
are you sure about that? i thought it was aslong as you bought anything from a business with a permanent address you had to pay tax for where ever the business address is at.
Tell me about it. I argued for a half hour about it, and finally called the CA DMV. What do you know... I had to pay the CA tax. I've bought cars from UT, WY, SD, ND, MN, and now CA. Which one's the only one who screwed me? California. I pay 3% here. 4.75% x 28,399 = $1,344 extra dollars to Governor "I ran my state bankrupt despite having the richest people in the country living here" Shwarzenegger. No offense to most of the good honest people living there, but that state can kiss my sweet ***.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we have a X in stock, GG 5000 miles...SSS..

email caleb@cbrdspeedfactory.com for info... it could be transported!

cb
Old Oct 9, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking at getting a MR and the dealerships in the mid-west that I have called won't budge much below $1k under msrp. I have been told by every dealership that this is a very rare care and they are hard to come by, but all the dealers that I have called have three or four on thier lot. I am just looking at the wrong car to buy? Does anyone know the REAL invoice for an MR?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by krnsamiam
I am new to the EvoM forum. Currently I am planning to purchase the new 08 Evo X GSR + SSS. I was reading through the, "How much did you get your X GSR for recently?" post and I was wondering how people got their Evo GSR + SSS for less then $35,000 (tax+fees). I have gone to my local dealership, Brien Mitsubishi in Everett, Washington. They quoted me around $35,000 (tax+fees) for a 08 Evo GSR + SSS.

How did you negotiate the price to where you wanted it at?
Can you offer me some tips on how I can get the price lowered?
Anyone living in Washington recommend a good Mitsubishi dealership?
I live in Washington area too and plan to buy an X in Decemeber. Try Younker, Korum and Auburn valley, I've been look at Brien and they seem to sell for a lot more than the others. Not too many X's being driven around here so it's really possible to bring it down. Anyone have advice/experience buying and getting an X shipped from SCM?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dealer wanted 36K for my Evo X with SSS but got him down to 32800 something ish after showing him the posts about how people were paying 32K. He and the sales manager didn't like it but they gave in just as I was ready to walk.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
Tell me about it. I argued for a half hour about it, and finally called the CA DMV. What do you know... I had to pay the CA tax. I've bought cars from UT, WY, SD, ND, MN, and now CA. Which one's the only one who screwed me? California. I pay 3% here. 4.75% x 28,399 = $1,344 extra dollars to Governor "I ran my state bankrupt despite having the richest people in the country living here" Shwarzenegger. No offense to most of the good honest people living there, but that state can kiss my sweet ***.
If it makes you feel better, I know how you feel....except the part about giving cali money (I've paid and paid and paid). I bought the evo for Cali, but my other car is registered to the family business in Oregon. That's $3200 saved right there plus no smog, nor property tax (2% use tax).

shoot, the last time I drove thru LA, it was in shambles..I mean c'mon! There is a high population density there..isn't everybody paying taxes??? (rhetorical question).
Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by kenpo1441
I am looking at getting a MR and the dealerships in the mid-west that I have called won't budge much below $1k under msrp. I have been told by every dealership that this is a very rare care and they are hard to come by, but all the dealers that I have called have three or four on thier lot. I am just looking at the wrong car to buy? Does anyone know the REAL invoice for an MR?
Depends on options but around $39k with wheel locks, navi package and interior pieces.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Under PSI
Depends on options but around $39k with wheel locks, navi package and interior pieces.
That's what edmunds says...so where can i find the real invoice price. There is a dealer that is sold a MR to a guy on this site fully loaded (navi and body kit) for $38,500 OTD. So that tells me that the invoice is at most around $36k for the car you described. Right???
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scm

Originally Posted by goofygrin
South Coast Mitsubishi is how.

And is your $35k including TT&L? Honestly people need to quit negotiating on out the door price, because it gives the dealerships way too many ways to fudge the numbers.

Know the invoice price + the price you want to pay. Then know the tax rate in your state (I thought Washington was no sales tax? Maybe that's Oregon?). Then figure that + the fees and negotiate that way.

$35k out the door, depending on the sales tax on cars in your state, for a GSR SSS seems like a fair deal. Invoice is what, $34k, on that combo?
I bought mine from SCM for $31,9XX with the SSS package and then made the 1,036mi trek back home. It can be done.

And I think it was worth it, especially considering the $10k mark-ups they have at the dealership 5mi from me. And that $10k is no exaggeration. Next time I'm there I'll snap a picture. I couldn't believe it.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Manboy,
was that mile high mitsu with the 10k markups ? I got mine from Champion in Ft Collins, and it wasn't as good a deal as yours from SCM, but no markups...
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

First thing to do when buying a car is to go to the fleet sales department..
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

I called South Coast Mistubishi a few days ago and was told that I could purchase a new Evo at dealer invoice and get the 0% interest rate for 5 years.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by kenpo1441
That's what edmunds says...so where can i find the real invoice price. There is a dealer that is sold a MR to a guy on this site fully loaded (navi and body kit) for $38,500 OTD. So that tells me that the invoice is at most around $36k for the car you described. Right???
I can tell you from a very reliable source that invoice for an '08 MR with technology package, sport interior, wheel locks is $39,300 (plus change) and there is approximately a 5% dealer hold back that they get when the car is sold. That price does not include the aero package. Unless the dealer sold it at a loss, or it was made to look like it on paper, no one bought a new loaded MR for $38,500 out the door (tax, title, license etc).
Old Oct 10, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

That is what edmunds says as well. There has to be more hidden mark up in these cars; plus I'm sure that a sales manager wouldn't even let a salesman know how much they have in the car.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 05:22 PM

go to Korum in Puyallup, They have about 8 on the lot and want them out. Remember to negioate to what(thats reasonable of course) you want and will likely go for it. Tell them the church pastor sent ya!

Quick Reply: Buying Evo X Need Help Negotiating Price