Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Buying Evo X Need Help Negotiating Price

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Buying Evo X Need Help Negotiating Price

I am new to the EvoM forum. Currently I am planning to purchase the new 08 Evo X GSR + SSS. I was reading through the, "How much did you get your X GSR for recently?" post and I was wondering how people got their Evo GSR + SSS for less then $35,000 (tax+fees). I have gone to my local dealership, Brien Mitsubishi in Everett, Washington. They quoted me around $35,000 (tax+fees) for a 08 Evo GSR + SSS.

How did you negotiate the price to where you wanted it at?
Can you offer me some tips on how I can get the price lowered?
Anyone living in Washington recommend a good Mitsubishi dealership?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
South Coast Mitsubishi is how.

And is your $35k including TT&L? Honestly people need to quit negotiating on out the door price, because it gives the dealerships way too many ways to fudge the numbers.

Know the invoice price + the price you want to pay. Then know the tax rate in your state (I thought Washington was no sales tax? Maybe that's Oregon?). Then figure that + the fees and negotiate that way.

$35k out the door, depending on the sales tax on cars in your state, for a GSR SSS seems like a fair deal. Invoice is what, $34k, on that combo?
Old Oct 9, 2008, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

oregon has no sales tax
Old Oct 9, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

if they won't sell for SCM's price. i say but from scm, they will pick you up from the airport and drive the car back up. i paid a little over $37k for gsr/sss/navi/aero, basically fully loaded minus the interior sports pack, but i bought the ebrake seperately lol. . .
Old Oct 9, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Dood,
Buy it from south coast and have it shipped. U will still save money even with shipping.

South Coast Mitsu= Costco for evo's.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

^I quoted the local dealership south coast mitsu prices and got my GSR for 32,000 (with SSS). So out the door came out to around 34,5XX.XX ... i got mine from steven's creek mitsu in the bay area Cali
Old Oct 9, 2008, 01:43 PM

it all depends on the dealerships sales, they have a quota to meet every month, and if they are hurting for sales they meet you to a very reasonable price, bring your a game and be act as serious buyer, let it beknown what you want and stick around for a bit, go home and come back a few times they meet your demands
Old Oct 9, 2008, 02:11 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Keep in mind that if you buy from SCM, you need to have it shipped to avoid CA sales tax. If you personally transport it out of their state, CA requires sales tax be collected, and it's 7.75% (or was when I bought mine there 2 months ago). That's not to discourage you from buying there, just consider it because the sales tax difference will likely be way more than shipping if you don't pay state sales tax there.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
Keep in mind that if you buy from SCM, you need to have it shipped to avoid CA sales tax. If you personally transport it out of their state, CA requires sales tax be collected, and it's 7.75% (or was when I bought mine there 2 months ago). That's not to discourage you from buying there, just consider it because the sales tax difference will likely be way more than shipping if you don't pay state sales tax there.
are you sure about that? i thought it was aslong as you bought anything from a business with a permanent address you had to pay tax for where ever the business address is at.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Local dealer here has X's w/SSS on the lot marked at $32,495.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
No... not for cars.

And it's only CA that has this issue. Here in TX if you buy a car here, but live out of state, you don't pay TX tax, but you pay your home state tax when you register the car.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by grillpt
If they are marked at that, it means you can get it lower!! You can always go lower than what they are marked.

And that's not a bad price to begin with....
Old Oct 9, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Worst market in 10 years, most ppl lost 40% of the 401k they once had. If you pay over invoice your a dumbass.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:17 PM

hey its better to trade in a car that way u don't pay full tax price, I got mine with a trade in for 35,000 at 7%, it included tax and the sss package, then the finance guy me for 700 for extra insurance my friend was with me and said he used this type of insurance b4 so i got it, right after i regret that i did so think very hard b4 u sign anything and never except the first second or third offer i bought mine the 3rd day of negotiating, Its worth it I had fun and didn't spend all day there except the last day .............good luck
Old Oct 9, 2008, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by grillpt

Hey grillpt this is of topic but im from north,nj and I have been to chester county b4 were u are from...My question is why are u guys the worst ******* drivers on the road...lol I wish i was back in NY,NY with the taxi cabs after I drove through rt 100 lol

Quick Reply: Buying Evo X Need Help Negotiating Price