Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Nisei Uicp New Aluminum Version W/ T-bolt Clamps Installed!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
whats the difference among the brands offering the uicp? why should i pay 240 for a nisei rather then 300 for a ams uicp besides the price? i'm very picky when it comes to my mods but i also want the the best performance at a reasonable cost.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does it have enough flexibility for being 1 pice
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jayevo23
whats the difference among the brands offering the uicp? why should i pay 240 for a nisei rather then 300 for a ams uicp besides the price? i'm very picky when it comes to my mods but i also want the the best performance at a reasonable cost.
Well, before I say anything, I just want to say that I think that AMS makes a good quality product. With that being said, I think that Nisei makes a better product. As far as price is concerned, it is a fact that producing a one piece pipe like this is more difficult and more costly than a 2 piece design, so it's pretty safe to say that it's costing Nisei more money to produce these than what AMS is paying for theirs and yet they are asking for less money. To me, this says a lot. In any case, you really can't go wrong with any product from either company, hell I've got products from both on my car right now.

I will say this though: price is a good indication of quality but the most expensive doesn't always equal the best. Unless there's a massive difference in price, it really comes down to which company you feel makes the better quality product. Much like beauty, quality is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway, if you would like to learn more about what goes into making these pipes and what to look for when buying one from whoever you buy yours from, here is a link from the Nisei forum explaining the differences between a 1 piece, mandrel bent design like theirs, a two piece (which they also offer), and two piece multi sectional welded pipes like AMS'.

http://nisei-evo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=616. Scroll down to the 3rd post and it explains everything. Good luck with your purchase.

Originally Posted by switchblade906
does it have enough flexibility for being 1 pice
Yep, the couplers allow for enough engine movement to be perfectly safe. The unit still utilizes the core support with the rubber gromets also, so there's a bit of flexibility there as well. The car that was used for prototyping this unit was tested on the track with no issues whatsoever. It's a very well designed product. I can't say enough good things about it. Nisei FTW!

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Oct 11, 2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
your engine bay is dirty, clean it!
Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

^Ahh, it aint that bad! I actually just wiped all the dust off of the plastics and hoses with a wet paper towel after the install but not before the pics were taken. I don't know why I didn't just take the pics after the cleanup but hey, I was tired and it was time for a and a test drive, but not in that order .
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

I ordered the 2 piece aluminum pipes yesterday. Hopefully will get it next friday. Cant beat the price on the 2 piece design, and should and fit equally as nice. Cant wait to install mine.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
do they have brushed aluminum?
Old Oct 12, 2008, 08:44 PM

Nisei Black UICP and AEM intake. I like this stealth look for the X. Looks like stock but performs. to Nisei for great looking product
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Agreed. You just can't beat the quality and aesthetics of nisei products. Did your kit come with the T-BOLT clamps? I know the early versions didn't, although it really doesn't matter because worm clamps are fine enough but I will say this; these T-Bolts are no joke! They have such wide, fat contact points on the hose and just torque tighter than the wormies do.

I can't stress enough though that when tightening these, use a socket wrench that has a multi ratchet function where the handle twists like a screw driver in addition to the normal movement. Not only do these types of socket wrenches make quick work of tightening or loosening loose bolts, but you can feel the level of tightness with your wrist muscles, which helps prevent overtightening the clamps because when you use your arm with the normal ratchet movement it's really easy to overtorque things because of the leverage increase.

I can't seem to find a better way to explain what I'm trying to say so I hope that makes sense.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 08:47 AM
Account Disabled

Nice.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 03:15 PM
Former Sponsor

We've actually just got a couple of these 1pc UIP's Matte Black in stock as of Friday 10/31!

Also, got 2 pcs Matte Black Aluminum Type A and B in stock for less. Starting at $170.

Type A

Type B
Old Nov 3, 2008, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Very nice. Sleeper style.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Sleeper look....
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey if anybody has any questions on prices or products pm, email me or jed and we will answer all your questions the best we can.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by danny@MaxumTec
Hey if anybody has any questions on prices or products pm, email me or jed and we will answer all your questions the best we can.
Are you guys vendors for nisei or the actual nisei? because I bought the type b uicp and wish I went with the one piece or type A.

The problem with my unit is I am still battling a leak near one of the couplers. The coupler I received seems too short or the piping is just off a tad.

I also found the type B with the coupler and clamp on, it scratches the oem connection right under it. Which is why most company only makes type A or one piece style.

Quick Reply: Nisei Uicp New Aluminum Version W/ T-bolt Clamps Installed!