Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Nisei Uicp New Aluminum Version W/ T-bolt Clamps Installed!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nisei Uicp New Aluminum Version W/ T-bolt Clamps Installed!

Just got the new aluminum version of the UICP from NISEI. 1 piece matte black, of course. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 10 for everything! Fitment was perfect, black powder coating was flawless, style and overall appearance was perfect with a very clean, OEM look, and lastly seat of the pants tells me that there's a bit of mid range and top end power increase. I know that some shops have reported as much as 10 whp from the UICP alone, and after driving it I believe that to be pretty accurate.

Customer service is also great too. Kevin is a super nice guy and helped me with the install over the phone with the proper steps to ensure proper fitment. Now I know that some people say that it's much easier to install this with the bumper off, but I was able to do the whole thing with the bumper on. I only found it difficult during the removal of the stock piece because of the positioning of the worm clamps, but once I got the new one in, I just positioned the T-BOLTS so that they were facing the driver's side headlight so as to give proper clearance for my socket wrench and it was fine. Pics below, enjoy!

BTW, be careful when installing this, because the heat shield near the turbo is dangerously sharp! I cut the crap out of my knuckle while trying to position the t-bolt clamp.

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Oct 11, 2008 at 01:08 PM. Reason: typo
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good, nisei ftw!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Noice! Cant wait till i get mine!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

looks nice, how much and where can we order from?
Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

http://nisei-evo.com/order
Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by linjy2
looks nice, how much and where can we order from?
^Price was 240, but expect to have to wait if you really want one; I was on a waiting list for almost a month to get it and I believe that this batch is already sold. They just switched to aluminum for the UICP, with the rest of the pipes in the kit soon to follow (LICP and intake pipe). You can buy the 1 piece or a two piece, but the 1 piece units are more expensive because of manufacturing costs. The 2 piece units are basically 1 piece units that didn't make the cut because the tolerances were slightly off.

Here is a link explaining exactly how it works: http://www.nisei-evo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=616, but basically in a nutshell operating a CNC bender is pretty complicated and they have to run 15-20 units through the machine, making small changes to the calibration settings before they have it dialed in and ready for the production runs.

They typically scrap these, but the ones that were near the end of the calibration run are pretty close to the production batch, but the tolerances are not quite perfect enough for a 1 piece design, which has to be perfect to fit right.

So, a simple cut and a coupler and you have a 2 piece design that's pretty much like every other companies UICP. This is what makes the 1 piece so special. Anyway, here is the link with an order form and phone number. Ask for Kevin if you have any questions.

http://www.nisei-evo.com/order.html
Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:55 PM
Account Disabled

looks like it should from the factory...
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

i got mine too..i got the nisei black!! installed last week!! Indeed, Kevin is awesome!! Answers all my question!! Ill get pics up when i get a camera!!!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

I like how it's one piece, thanks for the pics.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone else on here running one of these new aluminum versions? I didn't get to feel the old steel version to compare, but good lord is this thing light! I swear the pipe weighs less than a half a pound. It's surprisingly lighter than the stock piece. It's amazing how much those thick rubber hoses actually weigh.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
so on the nisei uicp, on both ends are the rubber couplers?
Old Oct 11, 2008, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Yep, both ends now have hump hoses to allow for plenty of movement. And they are silicon hoses and T-BOLTS from Hose Techinques, not rubber. Hose Techniques, btw, makes the absolute highest quality hoses on the market.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 04:20 PM

Very nice .. installed mine last week and also got some cuts.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

nice i shoulda waited and got this instead of the steel one. o well
Old Oct 11, 2008, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Yep, both ends now have hump hoses to allow for plenty of movement. And they are silicon hoses and T-BOLTS from Hose Techinques, not rubber. Hose Techniques, btw, makes the absolute highest quality hoses on the market.
this was my concern with the 1 piece design but good to know that they have the hump hoses on the ends.

do you mind saying where you got them?

Quick Reply: Nisei Uicp New Aluminum Version W/ T-bolt Clamps Installed!