Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I should of explained more, I wanted a black one and found one in the area. It was the show room floor model that is inside the dealership. The dealership is going to re-clear coat it and detail the inside. They didnt want to give me a car that had been finger f***ed by everyone that just wants to sit in it and not buy it. I know everyone thinks that I am getting fooled with, but I will be a fool. I guess taking more than $5,000 off cause of minor dings and scratches, and them paying for repairs makes me a fool, I will be a fool any day. The car is getting back from the body shop by Thursday, thats why it has to get delivered.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:50 AM

so they're taking 5k off the already 6-10k off that the west coast dealerships are doing?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

hello evom fam... i haven't been in the forums for years... pretty much ever since the evo VIII came out (HAHAHA). anyways... im in serious consideration of getting the EVO X... and i need some serious help. i did some search... and i cant seem to get to the right thread. anyways i live in Los Angeles, and like most of the people here are trying to get the most for their buck. im looking for a purchase with $5000 down for a MR. can someone pls show me the right dealer. thnx in advance everyone.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by unkle bebot
hello evom fam... i haven't been in the forums for years... pretty much ever since the evo VIII came out (HAHAHA). anyways... im in serious consideration of getting the EVO X... and i need some serious help. i did some search... and i cant seem to get to the right thread. anyways i live in Los Angeles, and like most of the people here are trying to get the most for their buck. im looking for a purchase with $5000 down for a MR. can someone pls show me the right dealer. thnx in advance everyone.
actually, you are on the right thread. Now, all you have to do is search for "serramonte" on this thread. we've post so much about serramonte that this thread could be renamed "serramonte mitsubishi."
Old Jul 8, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

thnx for the heads up... but dang serramonte is way to far. i need something with maybe 50-100 miles away from los angeles.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by monkey_187
It was the show room floor model that is inside the dealership. The dealership is going to re-clear coat it and detail the inside. They didnt want to give me a car that had been finger f***ed by everyone that just wants to sit in it and not buy it. I know everyone thinks that I am getting fooled with, but I will be a fool. I guess taking more than $5,000 off cause of minor dings and scratches, and them paying for repairs makes me a fool
Showroom floor model full of minor dings and scratches?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Bebot, if you're lazy like me and don't wanna go to Serramonte, just drop by South Coast Mitsu and ask for Sam and nobody else.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by unkle bebot
thnx for the heads up... but dang serramonte is way to far. i need something with maybe 50-100 miles away from los angeles.
just to give you a general idea on why I flew to Daly City via SouthWest airlines [$120 two one-way tickets for wife and I]:

South Coast: $30,799 RR GSR/SSS
Serramonte: $29,679 RR GSR/SSS/AERO

If you dont think a 5-hour drive from SF to LA and a $100/one-way ticket isnt worth getting the SSS and AERO, then I dont know what is.

But I think the only MR left in Serramonte is NAV equipped. If you're only looking for the BASE MR, stick with SC or Anaheim.

Originally Posted by Frankiago
Showroom floor model full of minor dings and scratches?
and the dealership was proud of it, too well, at least they were honest that there were dings and dents.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Gardo_Segovia
just to give you a general idea on why I flew to Daly City via SouthWest airlines [$120 two one-way tickets for wife and I]:

South Coast: $30,799 RR GSR/SSS
Serramonte: $29,679 RR GSR/SSS/AERO

If you dont think a 5-hour drive from SF to LA and a $100/one-way ticket isnt worth getting the SSS and AERO, then I dont know what is.

But I think the only MR left in Serramonte is NAV equipped. If you're only looking for the BASE MR, stick with SC or Anaheim.

and the dealership was proud of it, too well, at least they were honest that there were dings and dents.
Serramonte only has one evo left: it's a GSR and I believe it's fully loaded (at least, it has nav and SSS, and possibly aero too). Red, of course.

They won't be getting any new cars anymore (even for 2010); I was told that they're being converted to a used car only dealership.

South Coast mitsu cleared out a lot of their Evo inventory in June, and their prices are firm (what you see on this website is what you pay). Not sure about Anaheim these days.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

Thnx for the heads up fam... Anyword on Glendale Mitsubishi?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

getting a base GSR X with 14.5k for $25k. seems like a good deal to me, especially if the southcoast/anaheim/serramonte deals are drying up.

local (Chicagloand) dealers still looking to get $32k for a base GSR...
Old Jul 9, 2009, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by derekste
local (Chicagloand) dealers still looking to get $32k for a base GSR...
Yeah I really don't understand it, that's why I'm going to make a 2,000 mile drive from South Coast to Chicago soon Blue GSR w/ SSS + Aero for $32k (oh, and did I mention SEVEN miles on the odometer instead of the 60+ on just about every Evo on Chicago dealer lots?)
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Frankiago
Yeah I really don't understand it, that's why I'm going to make a 2,000 mile drive from South Coast to Chicago soon Blue GSR w/ SSS + Aero for $32k (oh, and did I mention SEVEN miles on the odometer instead of the 60+ on just about every Evo on Chicago dealer lots?)
actually, i was able to negotiate 32k for a base MR (~8k off MSRP w/o 0%APR). But you are right in that Chicago dealers aren't willing to go the distance vs CA dealers.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:48 AM

anything above 30k is insane!!
Old Jul 12, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

i will sell mine for right price in new england check private for sale

Originally Posted by mmartahus
no more white ones left

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)