Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah the major downside is the insurance cost difference. I have thought many times about putting 30k down and using about 5-10k on mods and stereo and such. But then i just keep going back to the fact that my insurance will be like 100$ more a month.

Anyways and dealers ever come on this thread? would really like to know the benefits of paying cash opposed to a loan.

PS- as far as my credit i checked it at experian yesterday and it seems they change their PLUS score system from a ceiling of 990 down to 830 to better match the FICO system. so while it isn't a 869 anymore due to the flux it is still in the "very low risk" section.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oftheheavens
yeah the major downside is the insurance cost difference. I have thought many times about putting 30k down and using about 5-10k on mods and stereo and such. But then i just keep going back to the fact that my insurance will be like 100$ more a month.
So, you buy a $35,000 car and then go without insurance of the physical car?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

i've still been contemplating picking up a new evo. out of all the options, i've been considering leasing it. financially, i won't be able to get my monthly payment down any lower without emptying out my pockets than what the lease payments are. sure i can put down $20k, but then worry about other things in life such as keeping my job, etc. with a lease, i'll basically pay the depreciation cost of the car, beat the **** out of it, and if i still like it after 3 years...great, i might buy it out. if not, evoxi?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoXer
So, you buy a $35,000 car and then go without insurance of the physical car?
Maybe you misunderstood, when your car is paid off the insurance significantly cheaper for full coverage.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe you misunderstood, when your car is paid off the insurance significantly cheaper for full coverage.
Please explain. As I understand it, lenders require full coverage and a certain deductible. The benefit of not having a loan out on the car is that you can drop to limited liability insurance and change the deductible. What am I missing?
Old Apr 13, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

what kind of financing options are you guys getting?
i noticed mitsu is offering 0% for 36 months in april but thats 900 a month!
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 08 Evo X MR
what kind of financing options are you guys getting?
i noticed mitsu is offering 0% for 36 months in april but thats 900 a month!
mitsu has been offering 0% for 36 months deal for the last 6 months. they can't find better ways of getting customers to buy cars, so they put it back up for another month. total useless if you ask me. not sure how many ppl could make use of that short of a "incentive."

if they offer 0% for 60 or 72, i'll go pickup an evo tomorrow. until then, i'll wait and wait.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AutoXer
Please explain. As I understand it, lenders require full coverage and a certain deductible. The benefit of not having a loan out on the car is that you can drop to limited liability insurance and change the deductible. What am I missing?
Go to something like geico.com and get a quote for coverage on your car while there is still a lean on it. Then get another quote with the same coverage on an evo that is paid off. You will see that it is cheaper. Or just call your insurance company and ask.

Even with the same coverage it is cheaper for a car that doesn't have a lean.

Reason being that if there is a lean and you total it the insurance company has to total out the amount has to cover the lean. If it is paid off they give you blue book value. Or something to that effect. Look into an online quote and you will see what I am talking about.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:40 AM

hey guys, long time lurker, but i recently found a evo for a pretty good price i think, its a black evo x gsr, with 31xxx kms, it also comes with winter rims and tires, it is selling for $31000, but the sales rep is a cool guy and said he can bring it down a couple thousand. I am trading in or selling my 2009 lancer es sport, it has leather and sun and sound system, but they are only giving me 16k i went to another Mitsubishi dealership they said 16, but 20K if i buy a new gsr they have i am going to go to my dealership on saturday to see how much they will give me, because i am owing 23K on my car right now; also the mitsubishi dealership said that the previous owner of the evo "drove the **** out of it because he was a young guy" im pretty sure he said that just to get me to buy the new evo he has. But any input would be nice, thanks
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
31k is alot for a used evo but i think ur talking about canadian dollars and idk what that is in US dollars
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

I'm buying a 2010 GSR for 31.5k....with my trade and down payments I'm coming out with 27.1k with a 4.39 Interest rate.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by casper3043
if they offer 0% for 60 or 72, i'll go pickup an evo tomorrow. until then, i'll wait and wait.
x2 here
does anyone have any speculation on this?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 01:50 PM

I hope $31000 is a Canadian dealership and not a US one because that sounds really steep if its from the US. If it's canadian then that's a pretty good deal.

Originally Posted by trinidudenator
hey guys, long time lurker, but i recently found a evo for a pretty good price i think, its a black evo x gsr, with 31xxx kms, it also comes with winter rims and tires, it is selling for $31000, but the sales rep is a cool guy and said he can bring it down a couple thousand. I am trading in or selling my 2009 lancer es sport, it has leather and sun and sound system, but they are only giving me 16k i went to another Mitsubishi dealership they said 16, but 20K if i buy a new gsr they have i am going to go to my dealership on saturday to see how much they will give me, because i am owing 23K on my car right now; also the mitsubishi dealership said that the previous owner of the evo "drove the **** out of it because he was a young guy" im pretty sure he said that just to get me to buy the new evo he has. But any input would be nice, thanks
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:33 PM

Go to something like geico.com and get a quote for coverage on your car while there is still a lean on it. Then get another quote with the same coverage on an evo that is paid off. You will see that it is cheaper. Or just call your insurance company and ask.

Even with the same coverage it is cheaper for a car that doesn't have a lean.

Reason being that if there is a lean and you total it the insurance company has to total out the amount has to cover the lean. If it is paid off they give you blue book value. Or something to that effect. Look into an online quote and you will see what I am talking about.
Wrong. They will still only pay the Fair Market Value of the vehicle. If it's not enough to cover your lean, tough, I hope you bought GAP insurance.
Old Apr 15, 2010, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO LITE
Wrong. They will still only pay the Fair Market Value of the vehicle. If it's not enough to cover your lean, tough, I hope you bought GAP insurance.
i don't think you have been following the conversation

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)