Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a '10 Evo X at Marhofer Mits in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. Payed invoice $34k for it. Good experience overall.
Old May 14, 2010, 06:50 PM

I got d1cked really REALLY hard at Rockville Mitsu... It was a few months back (Feb 2010) and I was looking for a GSR. I made calls all over the place looking for the exact car I wanted. Well two places had it Stohlman in Tysons Corner and Rockville Mitsu.

So I went back and forth with Stohlman and they got me down to 35k out the door for a new 2010 GSR with Aero and SSS package. So I called Rockville Mitsu and I was promised and I verified several times over the phone with I believe his name was Alex (young guy who owns a S2K) he could "absolutley definately beat that price". Well I drove over 2 and a half hours (because of a major accident on 270) with the flu on a Friday afternoon.

I got to Rockville mitsu and I was told to start filling out the paperwork. Having bought quite a few cars in the past I wanted to see the numbers before I put my name on anything. He told me to start filling it out and he will work on the final numbers with his manager. I said no get me some numbers first and he said ok... As he was walking away he muttered I will get that price as close to 35K as a I can. Well he came back and said the best he could do was 36,500. I was so pissed I through the papers back in his face and yelled at him for wasting my time with a 102 fever on a friday afternoon. The manager chased me out the door and asked me what was wrong and I told him his salesman just wasted 40bucks in gas and almost 3 hours of my time. He appologized but didn't really offer to fix the problem.

Immediately I got on the phone with the salesman I had been working with at Stohlman (Nora) and he got everything ready for me. He was very friendly and willing to work with me even after I used his pretty much to get a deal. So I walked in the door 20 minutes before they closed and everything was ready as promised and I was in and out of the door quickly...

Rockville can kiss my #$$...
Old May 14, 2010, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jstyle007
I got d1cked really REALLY hard at Rockville Mitsu... It was a few months back (Feb 2010) and I was looking for a GSR. I made calls all over the place looking for the exact car I wanted. Well two places had it Stohlman in Tysons Corner and Rockville Mitsu.

So I went back and forth with Stohlman and they got me down to 35k out the door for a new 2010 GSR with Aero and SSS package. So I called Rockville Mitsu and I was promised and I verified several times over the phone with I believe his name was Alex (young guy who owns a S2K) he could "absolutley definately beat that price". Well I drove over 2 and a half hours (because of a major accident on 270) with the flu on a Friday afternoon.

I got to Rockville mitsu and I was told to start filling out the paperwork. Having bought quite a few cars in the past I wanted to see the numbers before I put my name on anything. He told me to start filling it out and he will work on the final numbers with his manager. I said no get me some numbers first and he said ok... As he was walking away he muttered I will get that price as close to 35K as a I can. Well he came back and said the best he could do was 36,500. I was so pissed I through the papers back in his face and yelled at him for wasting my time with a 102 fever on a friday afternoon. The manager chased me out the door and asked me what was wrong and I told him his salesman just wasted 40bucks in gas and almost 3 hours of my time. He appologized but didn't really offer to fix the problem.

Immediately I got on the phone with the salesman I had been working with at Stohlman (Nora) and he got everything ready for me. He was very friendly and willing to work with me even after I used his pretty much to get a deal. So I walked in the door 20 minutes before they closed and everything was ready as promised and I was in and out of the door quickly...

Rockville can kiss my #$$...
awesome! get some!
Old May 15, 2010, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

BROUGHT MY 2010 EVO GSR +sss+NAVI FOR 33000 AT SOUTH COAST
P.S. ONLY 6 MILES WHEN I GOT IT
Old May 15, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JACOB3RD
And OTD was? Doc fees, BS Cali Taxes, etc

Not a lot of guys are using the format of choice lately, but here it is. This is much better to give people a much better idea of the true cost of a EVO in different parts of the country.

Price of car with options =
+ Tax =
+ Doc fee=
+ Tag Title=0
+ Other dealer add ons=0
= Your OTD price=

Last edited by josefmd; May 15, 2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old May 16, 2010, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Otd around 35,500
Old May 16, 2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by josefmd
And OTD was? Doc fees, BS Cali Taxes, etc

Not a lot of guys are using the format of choice lately, but here it is. This is much better to give people a much better idea of the true cost of a EVO in different parts of the country.

Price of car with options =
+ Tax =
+ Doc fee=
+ Tag Title=0
+ Other dealer add ons=0
= Your OTD price=
All that matters for comparison purposes is the price of the car. I could care less about how much someone in CA pays in taxes because that has no bearing on me over in Delaware.
Old May 18, 2010, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm shopping for a PB MR, and I've found a 2010 one for ~$34k with ~5,600mi. The main problem is that it is on the other side of the country, and I'm not in a position to fly out and inspect/purchase it in person.

Does anyone have any specific advice about buying a car sight-unseen, cross-country transportation, used 2010 MR pricing, etc?
Old May 19, 2010, 05:57 PM

i wish i could afford :9
Old Jun 1, 2010, 08:41 AM

keep going back and forth on a local NEW 08 with SSS. they are asking 28.5k but i would think they want to move it
Old Jun 1, 2010, 08:43 AM

also, do you think it's worth it to buy new when you can get a slightly used one for thousands cheaper? i've actually never bought a brand new car but this is such a deal
Old Jun 1, 2010, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JACOB3RD
wow that's cheap and exactly what i'm looking for.
did you have to haggle for the 33k?

the current deal is 32699 for a gsr/sss
for south coast, it was 31999 but i wasn't able to make
it there this weekend for the sale
Old Jun 1, 2010, 11:42 AM

jeez i wish we had those kinds of deals on the east coast
Old Jun 1, 2010, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Jacksonville NC just offered me 37585 for 2010 WW GSR with SSS and aero. I told them I would keep looking as that seems way overpriced.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 02:33 PM

yea that seems way pricey. try and get them to price match one of the socal dealers. worth a shot!

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)