Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 02:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
price went up i believe
Old Dec 19, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by damie45
How much for the technology package? I thought it was $2000, but the website is showing $2470.
technology package is only for the MR which includes navi and the sound system //which was always that price

the SSS package for the gsr is 2,000 which is sound system and big spoiler

Last edited by foxracingx25; Dec 19, 2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by foxracingx25
technology package is only for the MR which includes navi and the sound system //which was always that price

the SSS package for the gsr is 2,000 which is sound system and big spoiler
And projector hid's.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

sorry not OTD

29K before taxes

Originally Posted by tipoytm
OTD? if so, which dealership? I've been asking around (Central Valley, CA) and lowest I heard is 29.5K + fees/tax which roughly = 32K OTD.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
anyone have any dealers in or around Md they have gotten good prices on? I have a quote on a base GSR with just the aero kit OTD for 32,000. Md sales tax is 6%.

Call Little Joe's Mitsubishi in Chesapeake, VA. I got a smokin deal and I'm sure the Evos that were there when I bought mine are still there.

Last edited by Clark_Kent; Dec 21, 2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

i am trying to find the cheapest price in south florida!! the closest to miami the better!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aar0nsite
i am trying to find the cheapest price in south florida!! the closest to miami the better!
Call Ocala Mitsubishi and ask for Shane. Tell him Chris from Illinois sent you. See what he can do.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 07:55 PM

about to get a PB gsr with aero and sss package for 34.5K + ttl. is it a good deal? i jut want to make sure I'm not grossly overpaying... want to avail of the 0% which ends tomorrow. let me know what you think guys.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mocsman
about to get a PB gsr with aero and sss package for 34.5K + ttl. is it a good deal? i jut want to make sure I'm not grossly overpaying... want to avail of the 0% which ends tomorrow. let me know what you think guys.
I'd try to get it for 34.5k otd.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by aftershock141
I'd try to get it for 34.5k otd.
i will definitely try but from my asking around and searching through threads here, seems that no one has gotten that kind of a deal in the northeast. thanks though!
Old Jan 4, 2009, 09:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i will definitely try but from my asking around and searching through threads here, seems that no one has gotten that kind of a deal in the northeast. thanks though!
I think you can do WAY better. That package is a little over $35k invoice. Dealers around here are advertising $3000 below invoice.

I found an '08 GSR with SSS. Nav, and Aero kit with 18 miles for $29.5k offered at a different dealer (not Mitsu). I contacted a local Mitsu dealer and they said they could do that price.

I would jump on that deal to get an Evo for such a steal but I currently have an RS4. And I would have to try and sell the RS4 myself if I wanted to get a decent price for it.

So let the dealer know you can get it for $3k under invoice and get a better deal.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Spaceman
I think you can do WAY better. That package is a little over $35k invoice. Dealers around here are advertising $3000 below invoice.

I found an '08 GSR with SSS. Nav, and Aero kit with 18 miles for $29.5k offered at a different dealer (not Mitsu). I contacted a local Mitsu dealer and they said they could do that price.

I would jump on that deal to get an Evo for such a steal but I currently have an RS4. And I would have to try and sell the RS4 myself if I wanted to get a decent price for it.

So let the dealer know you can get it for $3k under invoice and get a better deal.
i should not have been too excited to agree to their price. i haven't signed anything yet though, just agreed over the phone. they're giving 1K on my trade-in more than what 3-4 dealers are willing to. they just took my application over the phone and I checked my credit card and they haven't charged me with the deposit yet. the deal is roughly ~1.8K below invoice anyway.

my question now is can i still back out of the deal? or is 1.8K below invoice already a decent price? i don't want to assume that the 0% will be extended, would be wasting a good opportunity if i let this pass though. let me know what you think.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 10:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i should not have been too excited to agree to their price. i haven't signed anything yet though, just agreed over the phone. they're giving 1K on my trade-in more than what 3-4 dealers are willing to. they just took my application over the phone and I checked my credit card and they haven't charged me with the deposit yet. the deal is roughly ~1.8K below invoice anyway.

my question now is can i still back out of the deal? or is 1.8K below invoice already a decent price? i don't want to assume that the 0% will be extended, would be wasting a good opportunity if i let this pass though. let me know what you think.
The deal is finalized once you sign the paperwork, so you can still back out.

But if you already agreed on a price and now you're going to try and get more out of them then it isn't going to be a nice situation.

It would be just like if you set this deal with them and then they tell you you have to pay another $2-3k.

So approach it carefully, you don't want to blindside them and then have them say you can go screw yourself.

I don't know how far your negotiations went but I would let them know what I told you and you guys can split the difference and get a deal done. Either way try and get them to go down cause it ain't final until you sign. And if they won't go down then have them throw something in like Nav or whatever.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Spaceman
The deal is finalized once you sign the paperwork, so you can still back out.

But if you already agreed on a price and now you're going to try and get more out of them then it isn't going to be a nice situation.

It would be just like if you set this deal with them and then they tell you you have to pay another $2-3k.

So approach it carefully, you don't want to blindside them and then have them say you can go screw yourself.

I don't know how far your negotiations went but I would let them know what I told you and you guys can split the difference and get a deal done. Either way try and get them to go down cause it ain't final until you sign. And if they won't go down then have them throw something in like Nav or whatever.
gotcha. totally agree. i just based my decision on the fact that for an aditional $147/month on what I am currently paying on my 07 SI sedan, i'd have a car that's worth (with the options) close to 2x as much. i guess i jumped the gun based on this, i started toying with the idea dec 31st and i guess i also didn't have that much time to do ample research... or I was looking at the wrong place. thanks a lot man!
Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spaceman is from IL. It's different over there. You're right, here in the NE dealers aren't willing to give that low like in CA. $1,800 under invoice is amazing. That along with full value of your trade in is just a no brainer. No dealers in NJ or PA would go that low. I would stop toying and just take it before someone else does.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)