Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beastmobile
Do you think a 2011 EVO MR with just premium package could be had for 36k-37k before taxes and everything?
not if it's in Canada :P
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Optiblue
not if it's in Canada :P
Yea it sucks for you guys. I actually saw 2011 MRs for 34k and some change. This is for the base with no extra packages. Does MR come with leather seats on the base model. Can't really find the answer but looks like the 2010 did but not the 2011
Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:39 PM

fyi, the 0% / 60mo financing or $2,000 cashback offer has been extended until 01/31/2011.

how much should i be paying for a new 2010 evo x with only the SSS package? I was told between $32k and $34k (before cashback/taxes etc). Seems a bit steep to me, I saw in another thread that back in September a vendor on here was selling a 2010/SSS evo for $32k. So shouldn't I be able to get one for even less these days? opinions?

Last edited by diddiyo; Jan 4, 2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:55 PM

there was recently an Evo X sale here in Cyprus and they sold 11 (out of a total of 30 sold on the greek side of the island) for 35-36,000 euro (GSR 5MT and SST respectively)

i bought the last one (2009 model), talking them down to 33,000

it costs 45,900 to buy a new Evo so i'm happy about this. i should have it by Friday or Monday

the '08 cost 56,000 euro when it first arrived 2 years ago! there are a couple guys selling their '08-'09-bought stock Evos on a local site for 37-38,000, so i'm optimistic i can get a good deal for mine if i decide to sell it in a few years
Old Jan 5, 2011, 01:10 PM

Paid $35398 for my 2010 MR....used the 0% instead of the rebate. This was at Don Herring btw....purchased on 12/30
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:23 AM

I think I got a good markup story for you guys here.

So I hit up the mitsu and subaru dealers yesterday to see if either a '11 Evo gsr or a '11 Sti sedan could peel me out of my '03 Evo. I was fairly impressed with the Subi despite the not-so-adrenaline pumping "feel" of the car. Pricing good at 34,500 MSRP.

Now I hit up the local Mitsu dealership (unfortunately, the only evo seller on the island of Oahu) only to find that they are still waiting for their '11s to come in. Figuring that the end-of-year pricing may convince me to settle for a 10, I scoped out a octane blue GSR with almost no options. Price on the window: $41,899. No joke. Even their "ill make an exception for you and give you the expired Christmas special price of 34,899" was painful to hear.

Bottom line, I ended up walking out because we were stalemated on a price of 34,900 and a trade-in value of 11k for my great condition 65,000 mile 03 evo. I know this is Hawaii and **** is more expensive here, but if you Cali guys can get these 2010's for 31k from the dealers then damn, they must be abusing their one dealership-on-island exclusivity... And unfortunately I may be giving the '11 Sti a closer look tomorrow.

Last edited by EvoVIIIDragon; Jan 6, 2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Funny you said that about your trade-in. I got exactly $11k for my 52k mile 03. Carmax offered $9k and KBB said at best $12k. I considered it a good enough deal. They actually offered $12k if I bought the black SE that was local before they were able to find a Gray one in NJ. As for the SE itself I paid $32 for it.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIDragon

Now I hit up the local Mitsu dealership (unfortunately, the only evo seller on the island of Oahu) only to find that they are still waiting for their '11s to come in. Figuring that the end-of-year pricing may convince me to settle for a 10, I scoped out a octane blue GSR with almost no options. Price on the window: $41,899. No joke. Even their "ill make an exception for you and give you the expired Christmas special price of 34,899" was painful to hear.
So what kind of label did they put in the window that showed $42k for a GSR? The GSR plain MSRP, comes with bluetooth now, shouldn't be more than $33,000. SSS is a couple grand more. What do you mean "almost no options". Almost is a hand grenade distance, and not all explode the same

I'd bet if it were marked up too much for MMNA, they'd get on the dealer's case if it were at a Mitsubishi new car dealership. It would especially torque MMNA that in your market the STi makes a more compelling car to buy because of the price difference. No mfr wants their wares sitting on the shelf when the competition's products are moving. It's bad cash flow mojo.

On the flip side, even stateside mainland dealers ARE allowed, even encouraged, to keep final sales price as close to MSRP, and 34K isn't too far from that. You aren't far off what they actually sell for here in St. Louis.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:47 AM

Just found a 2010 GSR in the dirty Jersey. SSS. 12,517 miles, asking $26,895 !!!

KBB says ~$29k

Carfax is clean and actually says "$110 above retail value"

...I might have to jump on this next week
Old Jan 6, 2011, 06:38 PM

So I hit up the mitsu and subaru dealers yesterday to see if either a '11 Evo gsr or a '11 Sti sedan could peel me out of my '03 Evo. I was fairly impressed with the Subi despite the not-so-adrenaline pumping "feel" of the car. Pricing good at 34,500 MSRP.

Bottom line, I ended up walking out because we were stalemated on a price of 34,900 and a trade-in value of 11k for my great condition 65,000 mile 03 evo. I know this is Hawaii and **** is more expensive here, but if you Cali guys can get these 2010's for 31k from the dealers then damn, they must be abusing their one dealership-on-island exclusivity... And unfortunately I may be giving the '11 Sti a closer look tomorrow.
Howzit man, I'm from Oahu too but now live in LA. Just got back to LA last night and man I miss home already. Anyways, have you considered buying from southcoast mitsu here in socal and having it shipped to Hawaii? I just recently bought my GSR w/ SSS from southcoast for $30.5k before TTL. If shipping is say around $1k, that's still a good price compared to the $34k they're asking.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by journeymansteve
So what kind of label did they put in the window that showed $42k for a GSR? The GSR plain MSRP, comes with bluetooth now, shouldn't be more than $33,000. SSS is a couple grand more. What do you mean "almost no options". Almost is a hand grenade distance, and not all explode the same

I'd bet if it were marked up too much for MMNA, they'd get on the dealer's case if it were at a Mitsubishi new car dealership. It would especially torque MMNA that in your market the STi makes a more compelling car to buy because of the price difference. No mfr wants their wares sitting on the shelf when the competition's products are moving. It's bad cash flow mojo.

On the flip side, even stateside mainland dealers ARE allowed, even encouraged, to keep final sales price as close to MSRP, and 34K isn't too far from that. You aren't far off what they actually sell for here in St. Louis.

Steve, thinking back on it and reviewing the standard options online, I'll correct myself by saying that this car has NO additional options. Yes, the base of the base. Not that its a deal killer to a guy who has been dwelling in sparsely optioned 90's Japanese sports cars for ten years.

But yea, I agree with you 100% about that windshield price. They told me their new '11 models that will be showing up soon will come with a sticker price of 42k with the MR's for 44k. $44,000! talk about a mark up..

On the island, the Sti is simply the better option thanks to the price. The Mitsu dealer is obviously taking a pay-to-play stance on their Evo's since the normal Lancers in stock are along the lines of what they go for on the mainland. I'd like to buy a Cali car and ship it, but I just can't do a site-unseen purchase with that kind of coin.

I'll be going back tomorrow with a stiff set of demands. 33,000 for the car w/out the 2k factory rebate and 11,000 trade-in on my VIII. They will have to break for my business.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Steve, thinking back on it and reviewing the standard options online, I'll correct myself by saying that this car has NO additional options. Yes, the base of the base. Not that its a deal killer to a guy who has been dwelling in sparsely optioned 90's Japanese sports cars for ten years.

But yea, I agree with you 100% about that windshield price. They told me their new '11 models that will be showing up soon will come with a sticker price of 42k with the MR's for 44k. $44,000! talk about a mark up..

On the island, the Sti is simply the better option thanks to the price. The Mitsu dealer is obviously taking a pay-to-play stance on their Evo's since the normal Lancers in stock are along the lines of what they go for on the mainland. I'd like to buy a Cali car and ship it, but I just can't do a site-unseen purchase with that kind of coin.

I'll be going back tomorrow with a stiff set of demands. 33,000 for the car w/out the 2k factory rebate and 11,000 trade-in on my VIII. They will have to break for my business.
If you're serious about buying a South Coast Mitsu Evo and shipping it to save money, I'm happy to do some of the legwork for you (pics of the car, logistics, etc). I have a super flexible schedule and am happy to help a fellow enthusiast. PM if you're interested.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fittest
If you're serious about buying a South Coast Mitsu Evo and shipping it to save money, I'm happy to do some of the legwork for you (pics of the car, logistics, etc). I have a super flexible schedule and am happy to help a fellow enthusiast. PM if you're interested.
Appreciate the offer man. I ended up purchasing an Octane Blue SSS packaged GSR instead. After some bartering i got a ODT price of 34k and 11k trade for my '03 evo.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:11 PM

Appreciate the offer man. I ended up purchasing an Octane Blue SSS packaged GSR instead. After some bartering i got a ODT price of 34k and 11k trade for my '03 evo.
So you ended up buying it in Hawaii? If so, seems like you got a pretty good deal
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Beastmobile
Yea it sucks for you guys. I actually saw 2011 MRs for 34k and some change. This is for the base with no extra packages. Does MR come with leather seats on the base model. Can't really find the answer but looks like the 2010 did but not the 2011
which dealership in MD did you see this? thanks

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)