Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MFactor
I started looking here in Colorado Springs as well. They have it priced at $39k for a 2011 GSR. I forwarded them the advertisements from South Coast and they said they're willing to price match on the advertised price but was a bit vague in how they stated. I'm visit family in Southern California next week so I might just drive my MINI down there and trade it in.
Funny,
I talked to the guy name Mevan at Quality and he specifically told me to go to cali to pick up the car because they will not sell anything below msrp. Same with Mile High. They had the RR GsR and Mr but since they will not price match they just said go to cali to pick it up. Which I did.

And as for driving both evo and gtr. It isn't over kill at all. Unless you have boat load of money, you will not able to drive GTR as dd. I needed something GTR like and can be driven everyday and hence evo.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:45 PM

We are here to hook you up with a no haggle no mark-up deal..let us know

Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by MFactor
I started looking here in Colorado Springs as well. They have it priced at $39k for a 2011 GSR. I forwarded them the advertisements from South Coast and they said they're willing to price match on the advertised price but was a bit vague in how they stated. I'm visit family in Southern California next week so I might just drive my MINI down there and trade it in.
If they are price matching, why would you not buy from them? You would avoid hassles like the tax issue that the other guy had. What was the matched price? I wonder if any dealer in Denver would do that. By the way, I am looking for a gsr with SS/SL.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FALCONSEYE
If they are price matching, why would you not buy from them? You would avoid hassles like the tax issue that the other guy had. What was the matched price? I wonder if any dealer in Denver would do that. By the way, I am looking for a gsr with SS/SL.
Color. I'm looking for WW and they only have Blue. I doubt they will try to price match on something they don't have in inventory. I have not talked details with them, like I said they were somewhat vague and do not want to discuss numbers. I was getting the impression that they were just trying to get me in the door. I never liked this dealership to begin with. Last time I was looking for an Evo IX, I ended up talking to some guy that basically told me that Evo's are the best cars on the planet and to take a hike if I don't like the price.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:02 PM

This thread is for any and all questions regarding cost of a new Evo X, how much everybody is paying, where to get the best deal, dealership rants, and just about anything that has to do with FAQ's about buying a new X. Please use this thread before you post a new thread or I'll just merge it here.

Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

What do you guys think of this deal, $39,990 for a WW MR with all 3 options packages, but 6000 miles put on it by the owner of the dealership? It's still untitled, so still technically new at least for warranty purposes.

I think I can probably get them down to $39k, if I haggle a bit more, as it is the end of the model year and it does have 6000 miles already.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by srt4evah
What do you guys think of this deal, $39,990 for a WW MR with all 3 options packages, but 6000 miles put on it by the owner of the dealership? It's still untitled, so still technically new at least for warranty purposes.

I think I can probably get them down to $39k, if I haggle a bit more, as it is the end of the model year and it does have 6000 miles already.
Dealers call those "Demo" vehicles. I've never bought one, but over the years I've tried to haggle on a few. The reality is once you drive it off the lot, it's a used vehicle with 6k miles. Keep that in mind when making an offer. My normal rule of thumb is to ask them to discount $1.00 / mile on the clock - they've never gone for it. I guess there's a sucker born every minute and eventually they sell the vehicle to one.

To give you some insight, I bought my wife a Mazda MPV back in April of 2004. There was a 2003 MPV demo in Austin with 4k miles and they were asking $29k + ttl (normal sticker was $33k.) I tried to haggle and they came down to $27k + ttl... I did some online inventory research and found an identically equipped brand new 2003 MPV with 42 miles on it in San Antonio. After making a deal on the phone, I drove to SA and picked it up. All said and done, I got a new 2003 MPV (in April of 2004) for $26k out the door - TTL included.

Don't be in a rush or you'll get taken to the cleaners. Since 2012 is 2 weeks away, that car's value is gonna drop and they'll be scrambling to get rid of it. Just keep putting a bug in their ear and tell them you're ready to buy as soon as they're willing to be reasonable. Remember that on their lot it's a "Brand New Demo with 6k miles" but once you drive it off the lot it magically becomes a "USED vehicle with 6k miles." Considering that, I don't think I'd offer more than $37k including TTL.

Last edited by gabrod72; Dec 16, 2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gabrod72
Dealers call those "Demo" vehicles. I've never bought one, but over the years I've tried to haggle on a few. The reality is once you drive it off the lot, it's a used vehicle with 6k miles. Keep that in mind when making an offer. My normal rule of thumb is to ask them to discount $1.00 / mile on the clock - they've never gone for it. I guess there's a sucker born every minute and eventually they sell the vehicle to one.

To give you some insight, I bought my wife a Mazda MPV back in April of 2004. There was a 2003 MPV demo in Austin with 4k miles and they were asking $29k + ttl (normal sticker was $33k.) I tried to haggle and they came down to $27k + ttl... I did some online inventory research and found an identically equipped brand new 2003 MPV with 42 miles on it in San Antonio. After making a deal on the phone, I drove to SA and picked it up. All said and done, I got a new 2003 MPV (in April of 2004) for $26k out the door - TTL included.

Don't be in a rush or you'll get taken to the cleaners. Since 2012 is 2 weeks away, that car's value is gonna drop and they'll be scrambling to get rid of it. Just keep putting a bug in their ear and tell them you're ready to buy as soon as they're willing to be reasonable. Remember that on their lot it's a "Brand New Demo with 6k miles" but once you drive it off the lot it magically becomes a "USED vehicle with 6k miles." Considering that, I don't think I'd offer more than $37k including TTL.
Thanks for the feedback man, I'm definitely not in a rush. I plan to unload my Charger SRT-8 and replace it with the Evo MR, I get to keep all the convenience features that way and drive an Evo again. I'll take my time, because either they'll eventually get desperate, or they'll find some sucker to take their price, and if they do it won't bother me because it's not a super deal right now anyway.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:34 AM

Need help on a price check fellas - my local dealer offered me a '11 PB GSR with sight sound and interior sports package for 35,000 out the door - taxes on me.

He refused my offer of 34.5

What say yall?
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by srt4evah
Thanks for the feedback man, I'm definitely not in a rush. I plan to unload my Charger SRT-8 and replace it with the Evo MR, I get to keep all the convenience features that way and drive an Evo again. I'll take my time, because either they'll eventually get desperate, or they'll find some sucker to take their price, and if they do it won't bother me because it's not a super deal right now anyway.
Wise decision. Buying a new car is like making funeral arrangements. Those salespeople are ready to sell you a $20,000 funeral if you buy the $5k casket. Dare you inquire about other options the whole family will turn against you - one can use this time of need to take advantage of people who don't know better. I guess the difference is with a car you can walk away. Maybe try offering $35k to them outright if they can swing the 0% financing deal? Not sure if you need it but I love 0% loans - even gave up $2k on my stock GSR to get to 0% and my out the door including TTL was $33100 for a 92 mile GG 2010 - only upgrade is the engraved shifter knob and e-brake lever. You are getting an MR though so it is a different ball game - if they counter at $37k then I'd go back to $36k with 0% - if they stick at $37k it's still good... work out the fees with them into the price as it allows them to fudge all types of numbers but you still pay a price you controlled out the door. Best of luck.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by NYCkid
Need help on a price check fellas - my local dealer offered me a '11 PB GSR with sight sound and interior sports package for 35,000 out the door - taxes on me.

He refused my offer of 34.5

What say yall?
I flew to DFW last December to pick mine up. Here's a link - you may actually have a good deal here, but I'll let others inquire as looks like New York is cheaper. Don Herring in Irving is the the cheapest I could find last December at $33,100.

http://donherring5.reachlocal.net/we...Texas/2082830/
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:29 PM

Maybe 35 aint bad.. I dunno im on my way to the dealership now. Well see how that goes.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 01:09 PM

Looking to buy my first EVO. I'm getting a GSR, but I've been rattled by what I think is an amazing deal. Although I don't have any interest in an MR, I'd be willing to bring this across the US border for someone

MR
13400KMS

http://thunderbay.kijiji.ca/c-cars-v...AdIdZ323929533
Old Dec 18, 2011, 06:53 PM

wont budge off 35 - any opinions?
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:39 PM

I am the contact at South Coast Mitsubishi Check out our new prices under our thread.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)