Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2012, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi,

I'm a noob on this forum and am currently looking for an EVO. I was quoted $41,999 for a 2012 MR in Octane Blue w/ Touring Package and Navi. MSRP is suppose to be $45,something? Any input would be appreciated.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pinegreen
Hi,

I'm a noob on this forum and am currently looking for an EVO. I was quoted $41,999 for a 2012 MR in Octane Blue w/ Touring Package and Navi. MSRP is suppose to be $45,something? Any input would be appreciated.
invoice is 42,643 and MSRP is 44,935.

if that price is otd then its decent. any fees added to that and it starts getting tough.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

The prices always depends on your area and the competition. The dealerships know how high they can go without you having to go out of area. Sometimes its worth traveling to another city/state. Sometimes its not.

I paid $33,800 (before ttl) for my 2012 GSR. We have 3 dealerships here. The other 2 dealerships were coming in higher and have a horrible service department. So for San Antonio Texas, $33,800 was the best in my area. If I was willing to travel then I may have got it for cheaper. But I also was financed at a pretty good rate because the local dealerships have good relations with the local banks.

My point being is compare the price offered to the competition around your area. Dont compare it to the US competition. Unless you are willing to travel to go and get it and ofcourse factor in that cost to your overall total
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:55 PM

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I'll try to see if I can get it down any lower. If invoice is 42,643 and they are at 41,999, hopefully I can push for including some fees in there...like destination fee or something.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:30 PM

175 mi? that's a lot of miles for new evo. car is broke-in 35% already.

Originally Posted by Pids
I am new here... Just bought a 2011 Evo WW GSR yesterday for $33510. Paid $35704 OTD (I live in PA btw).

This includes:
  • SS package
  • Interior Sport Package
  • Accessory Wheel Locks
MSRP is $37465. Technically brand new with 175 miles on the odometer. I felt like I got a good deal since I got it for $714 under TMV ($2161 under invoice) according to Edmunds.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kendogg
The prices always depends on your area and the competition. The dealerships know how high they can go without you having to go out of area. Sometimes its worth traveling to another city/state. Sometimes its not.

I paid $33,800 (before ttl) for my 2012 GSR. We have 3 dealerships here. The other 2 dealerships were coming in higher and have a horrible service department. So for San Antonio Texas, $33,800 was the best in my area. If I was willing to travel then I may have got it for cheaper. But I also was financed at a pretty good rate because the local dealerships have good relations with the local banks.

My point being is compare the price offered to the competition around your area. Dont compare it to the US competition. Unless you are willing to travel to go and get it and ofcourse factor in that cost to your overall total
I've bought 2 vehicles in San Antonio instead of Austin just because of SSFCU. Here in Austin, my rates on two mazdas were quoted around 8 or 9%. In San Antonio, one week later with the same credit score, I was able to land around 4%. Contrary to popular belief, you are totally correct about a municipality having some influence on the interest rate. I've had this happen to me twice already.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

What do you guys think?

34,600$ 2012 base gsr with aero package
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gabrod72
I've bought 2 vehicles in San Antonio instead of Austin just because of SSFCU. Here in Austin, my rates on two mazdas were quoted around 8 or 9%. In San Antonio, one week later with the same credit score, I was able to land around 4%. Contrary to popular belief, you are totally correct about a municipality having some influence on the interest rate. I've had this happen to me twice already.
I also financed through SSFCU. I had bought a CBR 1000 a few years ago and they had given me a good rate. 4.4% I think. Cant remember for sure but interest is usually high on bikes.

I was also financed through SSFCU when I bought my 2011 Mitsu Outlander Sport. This was at 3.7%.

I then traded in the Outlander for the Evo and again SSFCU financed me at 3.6% this time.

Not sure why but SSFCU seems to offer really good rates. I have a bank account with them but dont use it. I have had San Antonio Federal Credit Union (SACU) for over 13 years now. I have all my direct deposits go into that bank account. I have a good chunk of money in my savings account. And they could not get close to SSFCU's rates.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Any word on rebates/cash back for the month of March (or even April)?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOSintake
Any word on rebates/cash back for the month of March (or even April)?
I got Mitsu to honor their customer loyalty on the Evo.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kendogg
I got Mitsu to honor their customer loyalty on the Evo.
I've never owned a Mitsu before....so unless my dealer can find some work around, it's a no go
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOSintake
I've never owned a Mitsu before....so unless my dealer can find some work around, it's a no go
That might be a no go then. The Evo has been my 4th new Mitsu purchase. And I went through hell with my Eclipse Spyder convertible top which is why they honored their customer loyalty. Generally speaking there is not much rebates or incentives on the Evo. Never really has been. The car usually sales itself. The dealerships in my area dont really bargain much on the Evo either. In San Antonio Tx we have about 1.4 million people. 3 dealerships. And about 4 Evo's to chose from. If they dont sale the car to you they are confident they will sale it to someone else
Old Mar 1, 2012, 09:18 PM

I paid $42,020 out the door. For a 2011, MR,loaded,
No nav, or hand brake package on Last July.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 04:30 AM
Evolving Member

How low do you think I could go with buying a 2012 GSR with SS and SL packages? I've seen lots of cars online with just the SS package going for 33-34k. I'm assuming I can get my dealer to sell me a car for 35-36k with the added SL package.

A little worried since someone I know purchased their Evo X from the same dealer with only the SS package for 35k.
Old Mar 3, 2012, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by ToMinLA
I paid $42,020 out the door. For a 2011, MR,loaded,
No nav, or hand brake package on Last July.
What is meant by out the door? Does that include tax or just fees destination? Very tough to compare state by state when tax is part of the equation.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)