Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paradigm
hey all...first post and an Evo newb. i'm close to closing on the following:

Evo X GSR
Graphite Gray
SSS Package
Interior Sports Package
sweetener: asked dealer to include a set of snow tires (and keep the stock tires as well)

dealer agreed to:
$31,5xx + TTL (5.5%, ~$120 title/plate transfer fees)

total: ~$33,350

seems like a solid price to me. thoughts?
not a bad deal.. If you want a GSR then I say go for it
Old Jan 16, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zivman
I have seen a base model GSR in the 27,500 + TTL range... so no, not a good deal IMHO
I haven't seen anything that low... all of the dealers around here don't seem to want to go much below invoice. There aren't that many base GSR's around here either, I have counted 2 of them that are in colors I have been interested in. 1 blue and 1 white. Where are you located that you have seen these prices? I'm in Md and am willing to go elsewhere if the price is right. I have even called some dealers out in CA and their prices are great, but once the car is shipped the price is around 32,9... not bad to have shipping included, but even if they can get it a few hundred lower, then I have to get it titled and pay the taxes out of pocket instead of having it all rolled into one payment... all of that just makes it easier to buy it locally. If anyone has any ideas though, i'm open to suggestions.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Evo X GSR
Graphite Gray
SSS Package
Interior Sports Package
sweetener: asked dealer to include a set of snow tires (and keep the stock tires as well)

dealer agreed to:

I think that's an excellent price for all of the extras you are getting. I'd definitely do it!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Evo X GSR
Graphite Gray
SSS Package
Interior Sports Package

dealer agreed to:

Very good deal. I would definitely take it and start enjoying before it's sold under you.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
I haven't seen anything that low... all of the dealers around here don't seem to want to go much below invoice. There aren't that many base GSR's around here either, I have counted 2 of them that are in colors I have been interested in. 1 blue and 1 white. Where are you located that you have seen these prices? I'm in Md and am willing to go elsewhere if the price is right. I have even called some dealers out in CA and their prices are great, but once the car is shipped the price is around 32,9... not bad to have shipping included, but even if they can get it a few hundred lower, then I have to get it titled and pay the taxes out of pocket instead of having it all rolled into one payment... all of that just makes it easier to buy it locally. If anyone has any ideas though, i'm open to suggestions.

The dealer is in the midwest. $27,538 is the sales price... MSRP $33,705. Car is Graphite Gray
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zivman
The dealer is in the midwest. $27,538 is the sales price... MSRP $33,705. Car is Graphite Gray
Which dealer in the Midwest?
Old Jan 17, 2009, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

I just got my octane blue evo x fully loaded (minus nav) from Hall Mitsubishi in Va. Beach, Va. for $39,600 out the door. They still have three left. The other ones all have navigation on them.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

almost 40K for a GSR? sounds like a terrible deal to me.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Till you realize with market adjustment and tax/tags it's a lot more in this area
Old Jan 17, 2009, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostin20
Till you realize with market adjustment and tax/tags it's a lot more in this area

still not a good deal. Market adjustment? we all live in the same country and cars can be shipped. IMHO you overpaid by about 6 grand
Old Jan 17, 2009, 09:36 AM

Yea, you got the short end of that stick-Navi cars are going for 35-37K OTD.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe, but the $3k you all think changes a good deal to a horrible deal isn't changing the fact that I will be enjoying the crap out of driving my car today.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe, but the $3k you all think changes a good deal to a horrible deal isn't changing the fact that I will be enjoying the crap out of driving my car today.
3 grand? You over paid by as much as 6 grand based on the numbers I am seeing. I think the evo is a great car, but 6 grand is a years worth of payments and only a fool would over look that for a few days of waiting to get a car out of state
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:13 AM

double post

Last edited by turbotortuga; Jan 17, 2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:15 AM

Till you realize with market adjustment and tax/tags it's a lot more in this area .
Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but Hall is a bunch of ninny's and crooks to boot. I went to them with a reasonable deal and they laughed at me and told me I could not get that deal anywhere. You paid about 6 grand more than what I got my PB X GSR fully loaded for in July08... but I didn't get the 0%, so in real dollars, you paid the same as I did six months earlier. There is no "market adjustment" in Virginia...that is bull****. You should have been less of a "Larry" and used the resources at your fingertips [i.e: this forum] to get a better deal. Well...regardless...enjoy you new Evo and thanks for helping to stimulate the economy.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)