Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Put a downpayment on a 2011 Evo that was used for 186 miles. Car now has 226 from test drives.

Story behind the car is that it was bought on November of 2011, and returned in February. Two stories have been told to me by the dealer 1) the owner wanted to modify the car, but was told he would void all warranties so he returned the car, and 2) he wasn't driving the car as much as he thought he would so he returned it.

From the pictures it looks like it has just a few added emblems to the car, a dumb looking sticker on the front windshield that says mitsubishi, and tinted windows which I have to remove in accordance to MA laws (look really dark in the pictures).

Carfax checks out clean, and was serviced once at a Ford dealer (assuming it was an oil change, waiting on the dealer to send me all service records of the car)

Comes with SS and SL package for an out the door price of 35.5K. Dealer told me that the Mitsubishi loyalty program doesn't apply to Evo's, is that true?

What do you guys think?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpardaVR4
Put a downpayment on a 2011 Evo that was used for 186 miles. Car now has 226 from test drives.

Story behind the car is that it was bought on November of 2011, and returned in February. Two stories have been told to me by the dealer 1) the owner wanted to modify the car, but was told he would void all warranties so he returned the car, and 2) he wasn't driving the car as much as he thought he would so he returned it.

From the pictures it looks like it has just a few added emblems to the car, a dumb looking sticker on the front windshield that says mitsubishi, and tinted windows which I have to remove in accordance to MA laws (look really dark in the pictures).

Carfax checks out clean, and was serviced once at a Ford dealer (assuming it was an oil change, waiting on the dealer to send me all service records of the car)

Comes with SS and SL package for an out the door price of 35.5K. Dealer told me that the Mitsubishi loyalty program doesn't apply to Evo's, is that true?

What do you guys think?
Well first off, take off the emblems, etc. I would find out how much the tint is, if its not too much over, I would just keep it. Easier than scraping it off.

Next, loyalty program does work with Evo's, they lied to you.

Lastly, 35.5K is not terrible, but you could probably probably get brand new from South Coast for about the same or less.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 02:51 PM

better go get it . i was planning to make a trip to rc hill at the end of the month to look at that car.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by engine58
better go get it . i was planning to make a trip to rc hill at the end of the month to look at that car.
Haha, sorry already have the down payment on it. They took it off the lot.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wildcat Birdie
Well first off, take off the emblems, etc. I would find out how much the tint is, if its not too much over, I would just keep it. Easier than scraping it off.

Next, loyalty program does work with Evo's, they lied to you.

Lastly, 35.5K is not terrible, but you could probably probably get brand new from South Coast for about the same or less.
Unfortunately the tint is illegal here in MA (20%). I would have to take them off.

I'll take to them about the loyalty program, I had a feeling that was a lie.

I checked with South Coast, and they didn't have any cars with both SS and SL packages. I was quotes 34k for a 2012 with SS only.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:47 PM

Haha, sorry already have the down payment on it. They took it off the lot.
its all good i have my other eye on the fully loaded OB one. enjoy it brother !
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:50 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unfortunately the tint is illegal here in MA (20%). I would have to take them off.

I checked with South Coast, and they didn't have any cars with both SS and SL packages. I was quotes 34k for a 2012 with SS only.
Something doesn't sound right about this car. The stories don't seem legit. And the fact that it was serviced already once at a Ford dealership. And that it has stickers on it. Just be sure to check this thing over with a mechanic. Remember that CarFax does not always list everything.

And, the loyalty program will NOT work on this car because the car is used. Loyalty is only on new cars and since this car has had a previous owner it will not qualify.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atombomb33
Something doesn't sound right about this car. The stories don't seem legit. And the fact that it was serviced already once at a Ford dealership. And that it has stickers on it. Just be sure to check this thing over with a mechanic. Remember that CarFax does not always list everything.

And, the loyalty program will NOT work on this car because the car is used. Loyalty is only on new cars and since this car has had a previous owner it will not qualify.
Yeah, I agree with you. I'm not convinced by their story as to why the car was returned to the dealership. I mean who buys a 35k car, drives it for 200 miles, and then returns it?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

The customer loyalty ($500) does not apply with the Evo. I was able to get Mitsu to honor it on the Evo but I had to get it pre-approved with Mitsu first.

There is a $1000 rebate on the 2011 Evo's right now however
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

I was looking at an evo 2011 with low miles less than 10k. Dont remember exaclly how much but it was about 27k but its has a branded title. I asked what happend and this is what he said....

"This vehicle is in great condition inside and outside, currently there are no visible dings, dents, or scratches. This vehicle was on a franchise dealership lot where they had some flooding problems. Most franchise agreements require the insurance company to claim all vehicles as a total loss regardless of damage in this case the damage was very minor and minimal reconditioning was required,there was no structural, motor, or transmission damage. We have specialized in insurance claim vehicles for over 20 years, this is why we have it here at our dealership. Because the original owner was paid off by the insurance company it will have a rebuilt/restored title."

stay away? or no?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:39 PM

I got mine for $33510. It's a 2011 WW evo x gsr with SS, interior sport, & wheel locks I bought 3 weeks ago. They didn't mention anything about a $1000 rebate either when I got it, but maybe you can push for lower since I bought it with two more minor features. The only thing is, I did technically buy it brand new with 175 miles on the OD. I was looking for a base evo initially like you, but they didn't have one in my area either. The sound system is worth it though, esp since the price is offset since it is a 2011. Youre probably paying the same amount if you buy a base 2012.

Originally Posted by evosgofast
Okay guys im on the look out for a 2011-2012 white evo x gsr. Im basically looking for the cheapest evo i can get so just the base package. Unfortunately there arent many base models around were i live. So there is a 2011 gsr with the sight and sound package, and dealer and I are at a price of $34400. Im looking at a bunch of different websites and some say invoice price is $35319. Now im just wondering if this is a good price. He said $34400, and that is after the $1000 rebate from mitsu.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:42 AM

Check out South Coast in Ca. They usually have great prices. Do it by e-mail only when you buy a car. This way no sales person is involved.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:55 AM

Stay away from cars that have millage on them. I got a MR with 6 miles on it. When you see milage on them. Test drives. When I did my test drives. I was hard on the car. Don't buy one that someone beat the **** out of.
Nothing like destroying a motor on test drives with Cold starts.OUCH........ Can you get a idea what that car went through.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pids
I got mine for $33510. It's a 2011 WW evo x gsr with SS, interior sport, & wheel locks I bought 3 weeks ago. They didn't mention anything about a $1000 rebate either when I got it, but maybe you can push for lower since I bought it with two more minor features. The only thing is, I did technically buy it brand new with 175 miles on the OD. I was looking for a base evo initially like you, but they didn't have one in my area either. The sound system is worth it though, esp since the price is offset since it is a 2011. Youre probably paying the same amount if you buy a base 2012.
I think you barely missed the rebate. It is from March 1st to April 2nd.

I had also bought my 2011 Outlander Sport "new" with 160 miles on it. And the 1st Eclipse spyder I bought was also "new" with 300 miles on it.

Alot of the times (for cars other than Evos) they let potential customers take it for a day or two to decide if they like it. Or maybe the dealership owner will take the car for awhile. Personally I think a "new" car should have 10 miles or less. Maybe 20 miles. But there should be a limit on the mileage on a new car. The miles dont determine if its new or used. If its ever been registered to someone is what determines this. BS I say. My Evo have 15 miles on it and I thought that was way to much. Especially considering they "dont allow test drives".

Last edited by Kendogg; Mar 17, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by khmerguyx
I was looking at an evo 2011 with low miles less than 10k. Dont remember exaclly how much but it was about 27k but its has a branded title. I asked what happend and this is what he said....

"This vehicle is in great condition inside and outside, currently there are no visible dings, dents, or scratches. This vehicle was on a franchise dealership lot where they had some flooding problems. Most franchise agreements require the insurance company to claim all vehicles as a total loss regardless of damage in this case the damage was very minor and minimal reconditioning was required,there was no structural, motor, or transmission damage. We have specialized in insurance claim vehicles for over 20 years, this is why we have it here at our dealership. Because the original owner was paid off by the insurance company it will have a rebuilt/restored title."

stay away? or no?
What is a branded title? I've only heard of slavaged titles. Either way, stay away from a car that has had flood damage. They are always a risk. Sometimes it takes years for things to go wrong from the flooding. But I would never buy a flooded car and unless you witnessed the flood you dont know if it barely reached the foot pedal level or if the entire car was under water.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)