Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
switched gears over to a 2012 GSR for 33.5k with SS package. The sales rep is rally adamant about 1) No loyalty (seriously?) and 2) the shipping charges.

Talk about BS. Says the loyalty is not offered anymore and that he won't remove the $700 shipping fee because he is already 1.7k under invoice...

Thinking about just having my downpayment returned... The sales rep I talked to at the dealer had such a bad attitude, like he was doing me a favor for selling me the car.

Last edited by SpardaVR4; Mar 17, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kendogg
But there should be a limit on the mileage on a new car. The miles dont determine if its new or used. If its ever been registered to someone is what determines this. BS I say. My Evo have 15 miles on it and I thought that was way to much. Especially considering they "dont allow test drives".
Yes, I would agree. 175 miles is a lot for an Evo and that's why I stated that it was "technically" brand new haha. I think I got too excited when buying it and didn't realize the odometer. With that comes the realization of the number of people that test drove it.. AKA beat on it. Well that's the problem of buying a 2011 when they're selling 2012's. But I was all for the lower price.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by SpardaVR4
switched gears over to a 2012 GSR for 33.5k with SS package. The sales rep is rally adamant about 1) No loyalty (seriously?) and 2) the shipping charges.

Talk about BS. Says the loyalty is not offered anymore and that he won't remove the $700 shipping fee because he is already 1.7k under invoice...

Thinking about just having my downpayment returned... The sales rep I talked to at the dealer had such a bad attitude, like he was doing me a favor for selling me the car.
Seems like a pretty good deal for a 2012 with the SS package even with the shipping.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pids
Seems like a pretty good deal for a 2012 with the SS package even with the shipping.
Comes out to 37.7k out the door. Seems a little steep considering what I've seen people get on these forums for the same exact car.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:51 PM

Comes out to 37.7k out the door. Seems a little steep considering what I've seen people get on these forums for the same exact car.
Wow. The $33.5k looked good at least. Looks like the taxes and tags & all those little dealer fees are a killer. $4.2K seems pretty high. Then again, taxes vary from state to state.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

The price will always vary depending on your area. Yeah you pay the shipping cost, but how much will it cost you to drive to that dealer and back? And your dealer realizes this. They are willing to bet you wont make the trip and will just buy from them.

$33.5k for the 2012 with SS including shipping is a good price. My dealer was not willing to budge on the sticker price and neither was the other two dealers around me. Living in a city of 1.4 million people and there being only 4 new Evo's available they figure they will sell it to someone eventually. I was able to argue them down to $33.8k on my 2012 and that was with a $500 military discount, $500 internet coupon, and my $500 Mitsu customer loyalty. On that note...

Mitsu does not offer the customer loyalty on the Evo. I dont think they ever have. Atleast not for the X. However I might be mistaken. Mitsu use to offer the customer loyalty on all their cars besides the Evo. I recently got on their site and realized they no longer offer it on all their cars. Like my dealer told me, they are willing to honor any rebate from Mitsu. If you can get Mitsu to agree to offer you a $5000 rebate they will take that price off the car. Overall though its Mitsu. They dont offer much on the Evo. They feel the car sells itself.

I wouldnt beat your dealership to much about the customer loyalty. If anything call up Mitsu and start working the angle on them. Before my Evo purchase I had purchased 3 new Mitsu cars. Its a long story but I went through living hell with my Eclipse Spyder and the warranty work needed. I asked Mitsu if, because of my issues, they would be willing to honor their customer loyalty on the Evo if I purchased one. They agreed but I still had to front the $500 and Mitsu is going to send me the check for the $500. And all of this was cleared through Mitsu before my purchase. I was working directly with Melinda at Mitsu corporate.

I understand you feel you can get it cheaper because of what others have said they paid. I think some people exaggerate what they paid. Or some did not factor in shipping charges or other stuff. Hard to say. But the price paid will always vary depending on your area and the selection around you. If you feel you can get it cheaper than do so, I do think the price they are offering is a pretty good price for the year, options, and shipping charges.

I know I will be opening a can of worms with some but I would take a 2012 over a 2011 if possible. And this will be a preference ofcourse. But I'm not a big fan of the carbon fiber look. I love how the 2012 has the piano black plastic on the dash over that carbon fiber one.

And as for your sales person. Tell the general manager how you feel about him and if they want your business you want to go through someone else.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pids
Wow. The $33.5k looked good at least. Looks like the taxes and tags & all those little dealer fees are a killer. $4.2K seems pretty high. Then again, taxes vary from state to state.
I think its a little high as well
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
in 2008 they gave me the 500 loyalty and never said anything about doing me a favor by applying it on the evo. i believe the loyalty was for all cars.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
in 2008 they gave me the 500 loyalty and never said anything about doing me a favor by applying it on the evo. i believe the loyalty was for all cars.
In 2008 I also received a customer loyalty discount on my Eclipse Spyder.

If you go on the Mitsu website now you will see they do not offer the customer loyalty on the 2012/2011 Eclipse/Eclipse Spyder.

Im not sure what year they started making exceptions on the models for customer loyalty's. I do know that they do not normally offer it on the Evo currently.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

The price will always vary depending on your area. Yeah you pay the shipping cost, but how much will it cost you to drive to that dealer and back? And your dealer realizes this. They are willing to bet you wont make the trip and will just buy from them.

$33.5k for the 2012 with SS including shipping is a good price. My dealer was not willing to budge on the sticker price and neither was the other two dealers around me. Living in a city of 1.4 million people and there being only 4 new Evo's available they figure they will sell it to someone eventually. I was able to argue them down to $33.8k on my 2012 and that was with a $500 military discount, $500 internet coupon, and my $500 Mitsu customer loyalty. On that note...

Mitsu does not offer the customer loyalty on the Evo. I dont think they ever have. Atleast not for the X. However I might be mistaken. Mitsu use to offer the customer loyalty on all their cars besides the Evo. I recently got on their site and realized they no longer offer it on all their cars. Like my dealer told me, they are willing to honor any rebate from Mitsu. If you can get Mitsu to agree to offer you a $5000 rebate they will take that price off the car. Overall though its Mitsu. They dont offer much on the Evo. They feel the car sells itself.

I wouldnt beat your dealership to much about the customer loyalty. If anything call up Mitsu and start working the angle on them. Before my Evo purchase I had purchased 3 new Mitsu cars. Its a long story but I went through living hell with my Eclipse Spyder and the warranty work needed. I asked Mitsu if, because of my issues, they would be willing to honor their customer loyalty on the Evo if I purchased one. They agreed but I still had to front the $500 and Mitsu is going to send me the check for the $500. And all of this was cleared through Mitsu before my purchase. I was working directly with Melinda at Mitsu corporate.

I understand you feel you can get it cheaper because of what others have said they paid. I think some people exaggerate what they paid. Or some did not factor in shipping charges or other stuff. Hard to say. But the price paid will always vary depending on your area and the selection around you. If you feel you can get it cheaper than do so, I do think the price they are offering is a pretty good price for the year, options, and shipping charges.

I know I will be opening a can of worms with some but I would take a 2012 over a 2011 if possible. And this will be a preference ofcourse. But I'm not a big fan of the carbon fiber look. I love how the 2012 has the piano black plastic on the dash over that carbon fiber one.

And as for your sales person. Tell the general manager how you feel about him and if they want your business you want to go through someone else.

I know where you are coming from, but charging me 700 dollars for destination fee, then having to fly down to pick it up and drive 1000 miles/ pay another 700 to ship it up does not seem like a good deal to me. I wouldn't hesitate if they removed the destination fee. Seems kinda BS to me. They already have the car there, I don't need to pay their destination fee if its already on their lot ready to sell to people.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:39 AM

Question about the current lease special.......
Ends 4/2/2012
$349/month, 48 months, 12k/year, $3698 due at signing. Based on $35,290 MSRP.

Question is I see no lease specials on 2011's. Should I assume a lease special on a 2011 would be better cause they want to get rid of the 2011's? I even found a dealer that has a brand new 2010 in stock. Crazy.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ispool4u
Question about the current lease special.......
Ends 4/2/2012
$349/month, 48 months, 12k/year, $3698 due at signing. Based on $35,290 MSRP.

Question is I see no lease specials on 2011's. Should I assume a lease special on a 2011 would be better cause they want to get rid of the 2011's? I even found a dealer that has a brand new 2010 in stock. Crazy.
Wow. How much are they asking for the 2010?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:58 AM

Wow. How much are they asking for the 2010?
It's listed on cars.com for $36,954 and it's still on the dealers website as well, All Star Mitsubishi. I'm sure the tires have flat spots and the oil should probably be changed to. No idea what I'd be willing to pay for a new 2010. Probably under $30k. What do people pay for 2011's?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ispool4u
It's listed on cars.com for $36,954 and it's still on the dealers website as well, All Star Mitsubishi. I'm sure the tires have flat spots and the oil should probably be changed to. No idea what I'd be willing to pay for a new 2010. Probably under $30k. What do people pay for 2011's?
Well a 2010 for $37k, no wonder they are still trying to sell it.

There was no 2011's anywhere close to my area. I would have had to go out of state or pay extra for my local dealer to get one for me. I paid $33,8k for my 2012 but it is stripped down. No additional options.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:44 PM

Well a 2010 for $37k, no wonder they are still trying to sell it.

There was no 2011's anywhere close to my area. I would have had to go out of state or pay extra for my local dealer to get one for me. I paid $33,8k for my 2012 but it is stripped down. No additional options.
can't believe no one had any 2011's. I found one dealer with 16 2011 GSR's and 5 MR's. Doesn't look right but it's on there website as well. It's in New Jersey somewhere. Most dealers I looked at online within 150 miles of me had a couple each.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)