Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ispool4u
can't believe no one had any 2011's. I found one dealer with 16 2011 GSR's and 5 MR's. Doesn't look right but it's on there website as well. It's in New Jersey somewhere. Most dealers I looked at online within 150 miles of me had a couple each.
Im in San Antonio Texas and there aint squat around my area and pretty much in Texas in general. We have 3 Mitsu dealerships in my city. At my time of purchase there was a total of 4 new Evo's between these 3 dealerships. And all of them were 2012's. So in a city of 1.4 million people, we have 4 Evo's.

Overall any AWD car is not a big seller in my city. We dont really get snow ever around here. ANd we dont really get alot of rain. I searched in Texas for a 2011 and didnt find one. If there is some here now who knows. At the time of my purchase there was no new 2011's and barely any used ones. And the used one's I found were just as much as a new one.

If I didnt have a trade in I would have searched out of state for one and just bought it through my bank. But I didnt want to mess around with selling my other car first and then trying to buy one. It was just easier to go to my local dealer and trade in my car and get the tax break on it.

I can see a number of dealerships have quite a bit of left over Evo's. And thats also why I say the pricing will always depend on your area. Its the simply supply and demand of economics 101. If I lived close to that southern cali mitsu dealership that has around 60 evo's Im sure I would have payed less than what I did for my car. But I lived in the 7th largest city in the nation with a whopping 4 cars to choose from. You can always travel to get the car like I did for my motorcycle, but have to factor in the cost of that and the time.

I'm kind of glad I got the 2012 anyways. I like that they changed the plastic on the dash to the piano black color. I am just not a fan of the plastic carbon fiber look. Kind of feel carbon fiber is played out.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kendogg

I'm kind of glad I got the 2012 anyways. I like that they changed the plastic on the dash to the piano black color. I am just not a fan of the plastic carbon fiber look. Kind of feel carbon fiber is played out.
Totally agree with you on the Piano Black parts. However, they really dropped the ball on the A/C knobs and that giant hole they have underneath instead of the little doors the 2011 had.

If you can buy this part and it'll fit in the 2012, it will be my first purchase. Will get the parts painted piano black to match!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about the current lease special.......
Ends 4/2/2012
$349/month, 48 months, 12k/year, $3698 due at signing. Based on $35,290 MSRP.

Question is I see no lease specials on 2011's. Should I assume a lease special on a 2011 would be better cause they want to get rid of the 2011's? I even found a dealer that has a brand new 2010 in stock. Crazy.
What is the residual value? According to what you say: 349 x 48 + 3698 = 20450. It will be nice to see what the total cost is.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:20 AM

Question about the current lease special.......
Ends 4/2/2012
$349/month, 48 months, 12k/year, $3698 due at signing. Based on $35,290 MSRP.

Question is I see no lease specials on 2011's. Should I assume a lease special on a 2011 would be better cause they want to get rid of the 2011's? I even found a dealer that has a brand new 2010 in stock. Crazy.
I called three different dealerships in my area about leasing the EVO, and everyone of them states that they dont lease 2011 models (self employed- wanted tax write offs). I don't know how wide spread this is, but it covers pretty much northern Cali/SF Bay area.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pinegreen
I called three different dealerships in my area about leasing the EVO, and everyone of them states that they dont lease 2011 models (self employed- wanted tax write offs). I don't know how wide spread this is, but it covers pretty much northern Cali/SF Bay area.
I am not to familiar with leasing options. Is it a dealerships choice to lease cars? Or are they required to do so by the manufacture? If it's the dealerships option to lease out a car then I doubt you will find any dealership willing to lease an Evo. If they lease the car then they are required to service any of the problems that might occur with the car. And if I was leasing an Evo I would beat the **** out of it lol. If the dealership is required by the manufacture to lease out a car than maybe you should call up Mitsu about it first and Mitsu can force a local dealer to lease one out.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:07 AM

I am not to familiar with leasing options. Is it a dealerships choice to lease cars? Or are they required to do so by the manufacture? If it's the dealerships option to lease out a car then I doubt you will find any dealership willing to lease an Evo. If they lease the car then they are required to service any of the problems that might occur with the car. And if I was leasing an Evo I would beat the **** out of it lol. If the dealership is required by the manufacture to lease out a car than maybe you should call up Mitsu about it first and Mitsu can force a local dealer to lease one out.
I don't know if they are "required" to lease out a car, but they do lease EVOs. I think Mitsubishi's site has a special for the GSR. I have gotten quotes for leasing a 2012 EVO MR. So far, they are just not willing to lease 2011 models since the 2012 models are already out. Full warranty, etc, still applies to all leases.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know if they are "required" to lease out a car, but they do lease EVOs. I think Mitsubishi's site has a special for the GSR. I have gotten quotes for leasing a 2012 EVO MR. So far, they are just not willing to lease 2011 models since the 2012 models are already out. Full warranty, etc, still applies to all leases.
When I look on the Mitsu website it makes mention to the 2012 lease but not the 2011. I guess they dont lease out the 2011 anymore. Looks like if someone wants to lease it will have to be the 2012
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:14 PM

well im in . got me a 2011 ww evo today. first mod is a flossy shift knob.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

When I look on the Mitsu website it makes mention to the 2012 lease but not the 2011. I guess they dont lease out the 2011 anymore. Looks like if someone wants to lease it will have to be the 2012

The reason we do not lease the 2011's is because it will cost more than on the 2012's. In most cases rebates and dealer cash are not eligable for leases. It is built into the residual value ... Leaseing is always better when a car first comes out that is when the residual value is the highest.. Also that is the time of year when the money factors are the lowest. money factor = intrest rates.

The residual on a 2012 is a variable depending on term and model an example is the 2012 Gsr is 65 % for 15k miles per year for 24 months and 53% for 36 months, if you go 12k per year it goes up 1 point ...

for a 2011 the only models still available for a lease are the outlander sport and the lancer a ralliarts residual for 36 months is only 43%

The lower the residual the less the car is projected to be worth the more your payments are....
That is in simple terms .....
Hopes this helps ....
Travis
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FALCONSEYE
What is the residual value? According to what you say: 349 x 48 + 3698 = 20450. It will be nice to see what the total cost is.
That is plus tax,tag,and fee's
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

It has nothing to do with the dealership Mitsu does not offer the lease for the 2011 car...
A dealer has the option not to lease you a car ( which is pretty stupid not to it almost guarentees a trade in or car that you can sell and pre0owned evo's are hard to get around here). Just like the dealer has the option not to sell you a car, just like you have the option to buy it else where.... I have (fired) many customers before, if there is not a residual value set by Mitsu we can not lease the car from Mitsu.... Some of us have other banks that will allow you to lease a car through them its called a track lease and than the dealer and the customer set a residual but it is mainly for businesses and tax write off's. I can set the residual at $1 so after 60 payments that would be just like a pruchase you could purchase the car for $1. It allows the business to be able to write off the payments , insurance, and wear and tear.
Travis
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

What do you guys think about this one?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by khmerguyx
What do you guys think about this one?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national
doesnt look too bad
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Did you get any deals yet Dave? I am also working with a 2012 WW and I offered 29500 but it was going for 33800. They said they will give me a call later today. So Im hoping for the best!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 08:17 PM

Forgot about this thread.. Anyone happen to know good dealers to buy an Evo from?

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)