Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lippy1306
I agree with that dealers want to move whats on their lot. The only problem I had is they didn't have the color/options I wanted on the lot and the closest one was 2 states away. After transportation the price was significantly higher than ordering one. But if your not dead set on a certain color and options I doubt this would be a problem. Being picky does have its drawbacks

It takes 3-4 months depending on the order date... Mitsubishi orders 3 months out depending on factory schedule, There are periods of time when we are not allowed to order evo's or lancers in any sort.

This month all I could order were Outlander Sports.

As far as the deal ... about $1000 under invoice than subtract any incentives is about the best you are gonna get...
There are multiple things to look at when pricing on line.
Is destination included? What is the Dealer Fee? Are they adding any B.S. packages? I.E. a protection package that is undercoating and pin stripes for $700 and so on.

As far as locating the car if you have a decent dealer they can tell you what is oput there and if they can get it ... as well as pre ship for 1-2 months out.

Happy Hunting
Travis
Old May 12, 2012, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by myred3kgt
It takes 3-4 months depending on the order date... Mitsubishi orders 3 months out depending on factory schedule, There are periods of time when we are not allowed to order evo's or lancers in any sort.

This month all I could order were Outlander Sports.

As far as the deal ... about $1000 under invoice than subtract any incentives is about the best you are gonna get...
There are multiple things to look at when pricing on line.
Is destination included? What is the Dealer Fee? Are they adding any B.S. packages? I.E. a protection package that is undercoating and pin stripes for $700 and so on.

As far as locating the car if you have a decent dealer they can tell you what is oput there and if they can get it ... as well as pre ship for 1-2 months out.

Happy Hunting
Travis

And this is exactly why I drove an hour and a half to Huntington Beach Mitsu to see Sam.. You don't have to haggle with the guy.. 1000 off MSRP is still way to much.. I got my 2012 for a crackhead deal..
Old May 12, 2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
And this is exactly why I drove an hour and a half to Huntington Beach Mitsu to see Sam.. You don't have to haggle with the guy.. 1000 off MSRP is still way to much.. I got my 2012 for a crackhead deal..
...what kind of deal?
Old May 13, 2012, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SD_Lurker
Yet another example of someone not paying attention. I said $1000 under invoice not off MSRP. This leaves about 150-250 worth of profitt for the dealer plus the dealer fee.

This is why this tread is so long... SMH
And Yes I am an Expert .........
Old May 13, 2012, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lippy1306
I would say White seems to be the most common. But Evos in general are pretty uncommon so I would just get what you like the most. Just add a nice set of rims and other things to truly personally the car.
Sounds good man. Thanks for the comments. I am real excited to get one. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.
Old May 14, 2012, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CU125
Thanks man.

Which color Evo do you think is the most common? I am having trouble deciding on which one to get..id rather not get a common color but i know there are only a few options.
Octane Blue is the most common color in our Area (Philly) It is like everyone wanted Subaru's color without wanting to own one. There are actually 5 different Blue Evo X's that I see weekly with 2 White and 1 red. Never ever saw an Orange 2010 outside of a dealer lot.
Old May 14, 2012, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Shapingo
Octane Blue is the most common color in our Area (Philly) It is like everyone wanted Subaru's color without wanting to own one. There are actually 5 different Blue Evo X's that I see weekly with 2 White and 1 red. Never ever saw an Orange 2010 outside of a dealer lot.
Initially I was thinking about getting a Black MR, but then I started feeling possibly WW...but lately the Octane Blue has been getting my attention & I really like it.

I do like the WW but idk if that will be a good color or not.

What's everyone's take?

I don't see many red Evo's...and very few grey X's.
Old May 15, 2012, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

Initially I was thinking about getting a Black MR, but then I started feeling possibly WW...but lately the Octane Blue has been getting my attention & I really like it.

I do like the WW but idk if that will be a good color or not.

What's everyone's take?

I don't see many red Evo's...and very few grey X's.
This year, the WW is definitely the most common color overall. I agree the dark grey and red are fairly rare. The blue looks nice, but its like the other guy said, its subaru's color, so thats the reasaon I would avoid the blue.
Old May 15, 2012, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wildcat Birdie
This year, the WW is definitely the most common color overall. I agree the dark grey and red are fairly rare. The blue looks nice, but its like the other guy said, its subaru's color, so thats the reasaon I would avoid the blue.
I would love to get one in the Rotor Glow Orange Metallic...those seem to be rare.

How does the Apex Silver fare?
Old May 15, 2012, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

I would love to get one in the Rotor Glow Orange Metallic...those seem to be rare.

How does the Apex Silver fare?
The orange would be nice, but good luck finding one.

The silver is farely rare as well, but thats because not a lot of people like that light silver color. If you like it then I say go for it, but I personally am not a fan. I want a RR one, and thats actually what was ordered for me, but then the dealership tried to screw me over so I walked out on them.
Old May 15, 2012, 03:15 PM

What do you guys think about this:
2010 Evo X SE
16K miles
BBS Wheels, new tires, new brakes
Includes a winter set on the stock Enkei wheels
$29K private party
Old May 15, 2012, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jjjheimer
What do you guys think about this:
2010 Evo X SE
16K miles
BBS Wheels, new tires, new brakes
Includes a winter set on the stock Enkei wheels
$29K private party
A quick check on car.com shows $29K is the lowest price on there, plus they are throwing in the BBS wheels for you!
Old May 15, 2012, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wildcat Birdie
The orange would be nice, but good luck finding one.

The silver is farely rare as well, but thats because not a lot of people like that light silver color. If you like it then I say go for it, but I personally am not a fan. I want a RR one, and thats actually what was ordered for me, but then the dealership tried to screw me over so I walked out on them.
I found one orange 2010 GSR on the web...I am looking for an MR though. I love the SST!

I am leaning toward going with a Pearl Black 2012 MR SSL package...either the PB or WW. I'm having a tough time deciding. Any pros/cons you guys can think of between these two colors?
Old May 15, 2012, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

I found one orange 2010 GSR on the web...I am looking for an MR though. I love the SST!

I am leaning toward going with a Pearl Black 2012 MR SSL package...either the PB or WW. I'm having a tough time deciding. Any pros/cons you guys can think of between these two colors?
White is a real PITA to keep clean and I've seen about a million of the pearl blue, it's VERY popular.

Honestly, I love the white, I'd just hate to be the one to maintain it.
Old May 16, 2012, 03:15 AM
Evolving Member

Black will show winter salt more, and you living in Philadelphia will have that I am sure. But in the same breath, the white will show the dirt more so. Either one though is gonna show dirt. As I said though, look through at all the recent purchases of Evos on here and 99% of them are WW. I tend to hate having the same as so many other people, I like to try and keep mine a bit more rare. Color in the end is all personal preference though. There is a section on the forum that just shows all the colors and you can go through looking to see what you like the best.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)