Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got quoted for a new 2013 ww evo with SS, Exterior, Interior and Led illumination package for 37900(invoice price+250for shipping) and shipped to my door
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by philym
Just got quoted for a new 2013 ww evo with SS, Exterior, Interior and Led illumination package for 37900(invoice price+250for shipping) and shipped to my door
doesnt sound like a bad deal, the local dealership here wouldnt let theirs go for less than 37500, and its a 12 with less options
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up a new 12 GSR with the Sight and Sound package for 36900. Asking was 38250 before negotiating.

Not totally up to date on the new packages but I have the FUSE Key, usb/bluetooth, 6disc fosgate system with sub, HIDs, wheel locks, side skirts, and yokohama advans.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:15 AM

Just bought a 2012 PB with Navi, it was 38,000
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:32 PM

Try looking for a used one

I think finding a used Evo will save a lot of cash in the long run, they are good cars even if they have been abused a bit.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Goodkaul
I think finding a used Evo will save a lot of cash in the long run, they are good cars even if they have been abused a bit.
So far the best price ive found on a used one was a 2011 with 23xxx miles and SS package. Got them down to 28925.

Last edited by opusman; Nov 1, 2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by opusman
So far the best price ive found on a used one was a 2011 with 23xxx miles and SS package. Got them down to 28925.
Just had this car inspected today and is a very clean car, this is a pretty fair price right?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 07:01 AM

Sup everyone new to the forum. I just got back from my local mitsu dealer they quoted me on a 2013 evo gsr ww with ss, sunroof leather, interior for 38.5k before taxes and fees. I read other peoples post and it seems like they are getting better deals. Just wondering if i can do better. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by g'd out; Nov 2, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 07:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always find that buying through a special program (like my bank - USAA) saves a bunch of money. Sometimes you can find the car you like - and have personally driven or seen - on the internet for less.

Try checking through Costco, Sam's or an online site.

Last edited by AIM WO4; Nov 2, 2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:21 AM

used MR

I have been out of the EVO game for a while but am considering a used 2012 EVO MR. I know all new cars depreciate but what do you think?
It is black, has navi, premium and touring packages. It has right at a thousand miles on it. I know the seller and history of the car and can buy it for 32,800. I dont keep my cars for long periods, do you think it will drop alot in value in a year or so or are the MR's doing OK on resale?
Thanks for your input.....
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by GR8SHAG
I have been out of the EVO game for a while but am considering a used 2012 EVO MR. I know all new cars depreciate but what do you think?
It is black, has navi, premium and touring packages. It has right at a thousand miles on it. I know the seller and history of the car and can buy it for 32,800. I dont keep my cars for long periods, do you think it will drop alot in value in a year or so or are the MR's doing OK on resale?
Thanks for your input.....
If you don't keep your cars for very long, maybe you should consider taking Mitzu's Lease deal. That's what I did. The money factor was .0005 for me, which is 1.2% APR. for a used car the lowest APR is like 6%.
Think about leasing if you...
Don't plan to keep it after a few years
Don't drive more than 12,000 miles annually
Don't want to deal with selling the car
Don't plan on modding

This is from Leaseguide.com
Lease or Buy? What's Important to You? What Are Your Priorities?

It's personal. All of us have different personal styles, objectives, and priorities — in cars, life, and in finances. Car lease-versus-buy decisions must be made with your own lifestyle and priorities in mind. What's right for one person can be totally wrong for another.
LEASE - If you enjoy driving a new car every two or three years, want lower monthly payments, like having a car that has the latest safety features and is always under warranty, don't like trading and selling used cars, don't care about building ownership equity, have a stable predictable lifestyle, drive an average number of miles, properly maintain your cars, are willing to pay more over the long haul to get these benefits, and understand how leasing works, then you should lease.
BUY - If you don't mind higher monthly payments at first, like holding on to your cars, prefer to build up some trade-in or resale value (equity), enjoy the idea of having ownership of your car, like paying off your loan and being payment-free for a while, don't mind the unexpected cost of repairs after warranty has expired, drive more than average miles, prefer to drive your cars for years to spread out the cost, like to customize your cars, might have lifestyle or job changes in the near future, and don't like the risk of possible lease-end charges — then you should buy.

Last edited by Bitner16; Nov 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 09:13 AM

Bought my used 10' WW MR with 18,000 miles for $28K last week. This deal only happened because I knew both the dealer and manager of the dealership.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the responses. Leasing may not be a bad idea but this is a used vehicle so it wouldnt apply.

Brother M im in the same situation, I know the new car manager at the dealership. He let me drive the car for a couple of days. It is a fantastic car but I have always preferred manual trannies so I may give it a pass. I still think its a great deal as the car was only sold two months ago and the sticker was 45k!! Crazy to think of the money the first owner lost!!
Old Nov 9, 2012, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by GR8SHAG
Thanks for the responses. Leasing may not be a bad idea but this is a used vehicle so it wouldnt apply.

Brother M im in the same situation, I know the new car manager at the dealership. He let me drive the car for a couple of days. It is a fantastic car but I have always preferred manual trannies so I may give it a pass. I still think its a great deal as the car was only sold two months ago and the sticker was 45k!! Crazy to think of the money the first owner lost!!
The problem with buying a used car is the APR and your insurance will be higher to insure a used car vs new car.

New Evo MR can be purchased for $40,000 with TTL, then add total APR @ 3% after 60 months = $3,100 (what I was approved for)
= $43,100
Used Evo MR purchased for $32,800 then add TTL = $35,588, then add total APR @ 6% after 60 months = $5,693 (that's even if you can get as low as 6%)
= $41,281

Difference is $1,819
So basically, for 2k more, you can get a brand new Evo MR with everything you want and be able to sell it easier with more profit.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:45 PM

The only reason I would even consider financing is the fact that the interest rates are so low. My credit union is at 1.9 percent for up to sixty months on a 2012. Our taxes here are almost nine percent so I would have to eat that new or used!
My main point of the topic was to wonder how much further the car would depreciate in the next year or so. I know my eights and nines held their value well.
Thanks....

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)