Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here is the damage before, i found by google the vin number

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:03 AM

basically is a rebuilt title 03 VIII with 95K miles and the mods I listed worth my 03 g35 coupe with clean title
Old Oct 20, 2013, 02:02 PM

A modified, salvage titled car vs a clean title car you know the history of? No brainer. Keep the G. Be patient, save your money and buy a new/clean Evo later.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 08:09 AM

got my 08 gsr 46000miles on it for 21500 with 2 sets of tires...mint
Old Oct 31, 2013, 05:29 PM

Hey guys, I've been looking for an Evo MR for quite some time now and one just got traded in about a week ago. Below I have posted a link to the car and would love for anyone to give me any feedback on what they think. I don't really know all that much about the car but would really appreciate anything you guys can tell me and let me know about. Thanks a lot to everyone!

http://www.finishlineford.net/used/M...de22736b6a.htm
Old Nov 2, 2013, 06:15 AM

It has low mileage. New ones are like up in the $40ks so it looks like a reasonable price to me. Did you go and check it out?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Eudrep
Hey guys, I've been looking for an Evo MR for quite some time now and one just got traded in about a week ago. Below I have posted a link to the car and would love for anyone to give me any feedback on what they think. I don't really know all that much about the car but would really appreciate anything you guys can tell me and let me know about. Thanks a lot to everyone!

http://www.finishlineford.net/used/M...de22736b6a.htm
Originally Posted by nintendobratkat
It has low mileage. New ones are like up in the $40ks so it looks like a reasonable price to me. Did you go and check it out?
A base model MR are not in the $40k's. You can get a brand new 2013 base model MR for $38k. May be able to find one for even cheaper if you look hard enough.

http://www.donherring.com/new-cars/f..._ModelID:11609
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by nintendobratkat

Originally Posted by Kendogg
A base model MR are not in the $40k's. You can get a brand new 2013 base model MR for $38k. May be able to find one for even cheaper if you look hard enough.

http://www.donherring.com/new-cars/f..._ModelID:11609
Thanks for the help guys. I did go check it out and liked it quite a bit but for the price I decided that I'm just going to wait a couple months and most likely purchase a brand new one. I felt that it was over priced for it being a base MR since I was able to find other ones that were newer and less miles that were base for a lower price. I'm not wanting to drive somewhere to get a car or have it shipped if its used so I will more than likely just go through the local Mitsu dealer to get one. Again, thanks for your inputs guys.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
scm has 15 evo x 2010 SE's they want 36,000 i'm out of state so all i have to pay is shipping. to everyone that bought them brand new was it worth it? Anything you regret about it?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 05:11 PM

I would just buy used if its a gsr. I wouldn't trust a used automatic. Especially in an evo
Old Nov 6, 2013, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I know its a long shot but i'm looking for the previous owners of these two cars.

I known this is a long shot but, if you recognize the vin is JA32W6FVXAU034078, this is from an SE from the arizona area and it is now for sale by a dealership in arizona. it has a pioneer navigation head unit aftermarket of course.

And also this vin:JA32W5FV7AU026031 its from an MR 2010 with rockford fosgate 6cd in dash cd changer option wicked white from california.

If anyone knows the previous owner and could tell me any info on them i'd greatly apreciate it. The engine bay on the MR looks deffinitely messed with the front radiator support has mismatched clips and it also idles rough.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 07:35 PM

What Price?

Hey guys, Going in for my first evo ever, let me know what I should pay. Currently we are at 19K for this, will be going to a shop for inspection.

Front CF hood is faded, also crack on the lip of the front bumper, also has a exhaust issue clutch is on its way out. 75K on body.

2005 Mitsubishi Evo MR

Drivetrain:

600AWHP on E85
Fully Built Transfer Case
Fully Built 5-Speed Tranny
Short Throw Shifter
Twin Disc Clutch
Fully Built 2.0 Motor
AMS Fuel Rails
2000cc Injectors
Cams
Precision 67mm Turbo
AMS Valve cover
AMS Polished Intake Manifold
AMS Big Front Mount Intercooler
Polished Header
Spark Tech Ignition
Solid Motor Mounts
Polished Cuzco Racing Strut Brace
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulation
Racing Junel Exhaust
Battery Relocated to the Trunk

Exterior:
Carbon Fiber Hood
Carbon Fiber Trunk
Gold Kosei Racing 17" Light Weight Wheels
Brembo Brakes

Interior:
Blue/Black Recaro Seats
MoMo Steering wheel
AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
AEM Air/Fuel Gauge
Turbo Timer

LINK TO GALLERY -> http://imgur.com/a/tAzuj

Last edited by thawnet; Nov 7, 2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Better formatting
Old Nov 22, 2013, 09:50 PM

I am looking at a used 2012 evo mr that has been on the dealers lot for two months now. They dropped the price from 35k to 33k. It has a drop in k&n and Cobb exhaust (not really a good sign). It has 4k miles and loaded. They said they got it at auction. Here is a link to the car: http://iphone.brownmazda.com/index.h...75155b_p_2Ehtm

What do you think it is worth. You guys helped me out last time on my 2005 evo purchase, so thanks for any help.

Should I look for anything specific? It wont be tracked but maybe once. Used for a dd in ohio, and maybe just a couple bolt ons. I own a cruze and track miata already.

What would you offer?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 07:56 PM

Anh advice to the post above, please. K am going to talk to them tomorrow.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DM87
Anh advice to the post above, please. K am going to talk to them tomorrow.
Buying a used Evo (especially a MR) is always a gamble. But that MR only has 4k miles on it. Although a risk, it sounds like a good risk IMO

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)