Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by -Quick-
Small question for everyone, what are most paying for 2014 gsr? Looking for one with just sight and sound. I saw someone said around 35, another 37. Are these OTD prices or +tax,title, etc?
I bought my 14 evo x dec 29th 2013 (like 5 days ago) sticker price 36,000 but got it for 34,000 without NY taxes and stuff
Old Dec 6, 2013, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by ilirDukaEvox
I bought my 14 evo x dec 29th 2013 (like 5 days ago) sticker price 36,000 but got it for 34,000 without NY taxes and stuff
I did some more research and got a good price range...now to just find a dealer that's going to give me a good price without pulling teeth.

A friend recommended bell Mitsubishi in NJ.
Someone else suggested route 46 however.

Guess ill have to do some shopping around.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 05:36 AM

I did some more research and got a good price range...now to just find a dealer that's going to give me a good price without pulling teeth. A friend recommended bell Mitsubishi in NJ. Someone else suggested route 46 however. Guess ill have to do some shopping around.
Try brad benson Hyundai and Mitsubishi in nj they still might be having a really good deal that I got
Old Dec 8, 2013, 07:02 PM

Put a deposit on a 2014 WW MR with basically every option- sight and sound, leather sunroof, navigation, the works. Sticker was 45500, I'm going in with a trade on my 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 and they originally tried to lowball me horrifically, but I'm now getting a good trade in price on that (16) and they knocked 1500 off the sticker. Not sure how much more room there is, how does 44000 sound for an MR with the works?

It feels like a lot to spend on an Evo but I've also been considering CLA45 AMGs and once one of those is optioned to my liking I'd be at 55k easily.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DownSideFX
Put a deposit on a 2014 WW MR with basically every option- sight and sound, leather sunroof, navigation, the works. Sticker was 45500, I'm going in with a trade on my 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 and they originally tried to lowball me horrifically, but I'm now getting a good trade in price on that (16) and they knocked 1500 off the sticker. Not sure how much more room there is, how does 44000 sound for an MR with the works?

It feels like a lot to spend on an Evo but I've also been considering CLA45 AMGs and once one of those is optioned to my liking I'd be at 55k easily.
Don Herring has one for $40k

http://www.donherring.com/new-cars/f..._ModelID:11609
Old Dec 9, 2013, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Kendogg
Thanks for pointing that out. Might try to squeeze a few extra bucks out of this one.. but it will be a bit easier for me with the trade and not dealing with any shipping etc to have this one locally.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DownSideFX
Thanks for pointing that out. Might try to squeeze a few extra bucks out of this one.. but it will be a bit easier for me with the trade and not dealing with any shipping etc to have this one locally.
When I bought my first Evo I bought locally because it was easier. That turned out to be a mistake. But you are right about the trade in. Infact the dealers I have used don't even like messing around with out of state trade-ins.

Anyways, work with your local dealer but I would keep your options open. Don't let them screw you just because they are convenient. Have you talked to carmax? Maybe they will offer you what that local dealership is. Then you would just have to work with your local lender about the negative equity and how to roll it over into a new purchase. Price out shipping charges. If another dealer may save you a couple grand, it may be worth a little extra effort.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 02:26 PM

When I bought my first Evo I bought locally because it was easier. That turned out to be a mistake. But you are right about the trade in. Infact the dealers I have used don't even like messing around with out of state trade-ins.

Anyways, work with your local dealer but I would keep your options open. Don't let them screw you just because they are convenient. Have you talked to carmax? Maybe they will offer you what that local dealership is. Then you would just have to work with your local lender about the negative equity and how to roll it over into a new purchase. Price out shipping charges. If another dealer may save you a couple grand, it may be worth a little extra effort.
The most bizarre thing about my dealer is they wanted my Mazdaspeed as is when I brought it in with all the mods. I told them I would leave it as is but I'm obviously stocking out for the most part. If they try to lower the trade in value I will laugh and look elsewhere. I'm sure they would just be stocking it out anyways and someone would end up with a lot of parts to do with as they please.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 02:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hopefully someone here can help, i leased a regular lancer se in august 2012 for 4 years. Instantly regretted it as I drove it off the lot. I've been interested in the evo x for quite some time and the lease offers look great (please dont give me bs on how I should just buy the evo) but do you think I can go back to mitsubishi and give the lancer back for the evo? i tried to see if anyone was interested in my lancer on craigslist and I got alot of offers but never spoke to mitsubishi about it, what do you guys think?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Virtual
Hopefully someone here can help, i leased a regular lancer se in august 2012 for 4 years. Instantly regretted it as I drove it off the lot. I've been interested in the evo x for quite some time and the lease offers look great (please dont give me bs on how I should just buy the evo) but do you think I can go back to mitsubishi and give the lancer back for the evo? i tried to see if anyone was interested in my lancer on craigslist and I got alot of offers but never spoke to mitsubishi about it, what do you guys think?
Your paperwork doesn't say anything about returning the car early? Or passing the lease on to a 3rd party?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your paperwork doesn't say anything about returning the car early? Or passing the lease on to a 3rd party?
I honestly didnt even think about that at the time of leasing the vehicle. But just in general is mitsubishi flexible in returning leased cars? especially if i am going to just get another one, or will mitsubishi look at this negatively?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 05:49 AM

I work for a dealership and depending on how long you have had your lease you should read your contract sometimes if it has been just a few days you might be able to swap but it's very rare you can trade your lease but if you put no $ down you will be rolling a fair bit of negative equity
Old Dec 13, 2013, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UK Ben
I work for a dealership and depending on how long you have had your lease you should read your contract sometimes if it has been just a few days you might be able to swap but it's very rare you can trade your lease but if you put no $ down you will be rolling a fair bit of negative equity
He got it in August 2012 and it is a 4 year lease.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:41 AM

I did some more research and got a good price range...now to just find a dealer that's going to give me a good price without pulling teeth.

A friend recommended bell Mitsubishi in NJ.
Someone else suggested route 46 however.

Guess ill have to do some shopping around.
I just got a 2014 Evo X GSR from Paramus Mitsubishi for $34,000 (sticker was $36,750). It was basically an "end of the month" deal to make their quota and I was putting around 50% down payment.

I had a really good experience with them and they had about 10 other new Evolutions on the lot, so check them out as well.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Nickolai
I just got a 2014 Evo X GSR from Paramus Mitsubishi for $34,000 (sticker was $36,750). It was basically an "end of the month" deal to make their quota and I was putting around 50% down payment.

I had a really good experience with them and they had about 10 other new Evolution on the lot, so check them out as well.
I think I am going to try Route 46 and see what they can do for me tomorrow.
Its about an hour long drive but a few people said they are good.
A friend bought hers at bell Mitsubishi. So I have a few choices.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)