Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pistons4550
Im thinking about a new GSR and Ive been dealing lately with RC hill mitsubishi in Florida. Does anyone have experience dealing with them? They claim to be the number 1 Evo dealer and that their prices are so low already that they dont negotiate more than a couple hundred off the price.
I bought mine from Russell at Rc hill. I'm very happy with the way they treated me. I've sent a few people to buy from them and all have been satisfied. Ask for Russell, tell him Rene Infante sent you
Old May 5, 2014, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I need some advice on whether I should pull the trigger on this particular evo x.

The good:

car is stock (at least as it sits now)

seems to drive & ride fine

engine bay looks like new

interior in ok shape

clean carfax 1 owner

The bad:

seems like water has been inside the trunk, with water marks visible all the way from the cardboard thingy down to the area under the spare tire. Dealer swears it's from motor oil, i dont think so

Factory front lip spoiler(?) thing is cracked in 2 places, with the cracked pieces sagging downwards.

bad curb rashes on all 4 rims

more surface rust on the underbody than I would have liked. not super serious but this thing has obviously seen some salt

pretty deep ding on top of the trunk that has been badly touched up with a paint bottle.

I've noticed idle fluctuating sitting at a stoplight; is this normal?

Normally I'd look elsewhere but I'm looking at a 2011 gsr with 16k miles for $24.9k.

I can deal with the front bumper and curb rashes but I'm really concerned about the signs of water inside the trunk.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Prime12; May 5, 2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old May 5, 2014, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Infanterene
I bought mine from Russell at Rc hill. I'm very happy with the way they treated me. I've sent a few people to buy from them and all have been satisfied. Ask for Russell, tell him Rene Infante sent you
Thats actually who Ive been talking to. Where you able to negotiate or is it true they dont go more than a couple of hundred off? Did you get them to throw anything else in like wheel locks or oil changes?
Old May 6, 2014, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Prime12
I need some advice on whether I should pull the trigger on this particular evo x.

The good:

interior in ok shape

clean carfax 1 owner

The bad:

seems like water has been inside the trunk, with water marks visible all the way from the cardboard thingy down to the area under the spare tire. Dealer swears it's from motor oil, i dont think so

Factory front lip spoiler(?) thing is cracked in 2 places, with the cracked pieces sagging downwards.

more surface rust on the underbody than I would have liked. not super serious but this thing has obviously seen some salt

pretty deep ding on top of the trunk that has been badly touched up with a paint bottle.

Normally I'd look elsewhere but I'm looking at a 2011 gsr with 16k miles for $24.9k.

I can deal with the front bumper and curb rashes but I'm really concerned about the signs of water inside the trunk.

Thoughts?
Is this an Evo that is listed @ a dealer in Northern NJ? If so, I was going to check out this particular Evo as well but, I figured that it is too good to be true so I decided not even tempt myself. Sounds that there could be more damage(water) to the vehicle then the dealer is aware of or is leading you to believe.
Old May 7, 2014, 04:32 AM

The good:

interior in ok shape

clean carfax 1 owner

The bad:

Thoughts?
How much does the idle fluctuate?
FWIW, I've had a few things spill in my trunk like water and car wash soap, which has seeped all throughout the cardboard and below, so mine probably looks the same way.
Old May 7, 2014, 04:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adamsheehy
How much does the idle fluctuate?
FWIW, I've had a few things spill in my trunk like water and car wash soap, which has seeped all throughout the cardboard and below, so mine probably looks the same way.
It was constantly dipping 100-200rpm below where it would normally idle. It didn't stall though.

I did some research after my last post, and it looks as if this is usual for evos and not a cause for concern?
Old May 7, 2014, 12:29 PM

I found a dealer that has a phantom black GSR 2014 with SS+SL+Nav for about 40k

Do you guys it's possible to bring down the price to about 37k with the military rebate? Or do you guys think i have a better chance factory ordering one?
Old May 7, 2014, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bocian
I found a dealer that has a phantom black GSR 2014 with SS+SL+Nav for about 40k

Do you guys it's possible to bring down the price to about 37k with the military rebate? Or do you guys think i have a better chance factory ordering one?
I just got my '14 PB GSR with SS, SL, interior package (shifter and e-brake) & Nav for $40,500 in Chicago. Not sure what the military discount is, but on the car itself, in my experience, I'd say that's a good deal. My '11 WW GSR with all the same packages was $39,500 and I chalked up the increase over 3 years to the more expensive paint and 'inflation', whatever that means in the car world. And isn't always more expensive to custom order one?
Old May 7, 2014, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BadKarmaCreepin
I just got my '14 PB GSR with SS, SL, interior package (shifter and e-brake) & Nav for $40,500 in Chicago. Not sure what the military discount is, but on the car itself, in my experience, I'd say that's a good deal. My '11 WW GSR with all the same packages was $39,500 and I chalked up the increase over 3 years to the more expensive paint and 'inflation', whatever that means in the car world. And isn't always more expensive to custom order one?
the discount is just $500 off. That dealership is the only one with those packages that i wanted it so they most likely will jib the price. So i will most likely talk with other dealers so see if i can order one and they can beat the price. I got a 37k budget atm so it will be tight along with my trade in which most likely will be around 1k.

As far as ordering goes, i know that i got a quote from a dealer for the new 2015 sti 2k under invoice so for 34k instead of the invoice 36k. So i guess it depends on the situation.
Old May 7, 2014, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by moore0226
Is this an Evo that is listed @ a dealer in Northern NJ? If so, I was going to check out this particular Evo as well but, I figured that it is too good to be true so I decided not even tempt myself. Sounds that there could be more damage(water) to the vehicle then the dealer is aware of or is leading you to believe.
Yes, and I just found out, by looking at the pictures they had posted on their website, the trunk ding that was touched up is actually a rust spot . So whoever is considering this car, beware and factor this into your offer price!
Old May 7, 2014, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The good:

interior in ok shape

clean carfax 1 owner

The bad:

Thoughts?
I have two words for you: Hurricane Sandy
Old May 7, 2014, 04:43 PM

Can anyone tell me if this is a deal to take.

So i have a 2012 ralliart that i bought for $28k in 2013 so it was 1 year and it was with 9k miles. I know this is a horrible deal but it wasn't my choice.

Now with 25k left to pay for the ralliart and it's kelly blue book max value at 19k.

Trading it in for a new 2014 evo x gsr 8 miles for $600 a month with a $7000 down payment.

If we do this deal the sales guy said he would get rid of the 6k difference between the ralliart and it's loan
Old May 7, 2014, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by cocobobo20

So i have a 2012 ralliart that i bought for $28k in 2013 so it was 1 year and it was with 9k miles. I know this is a horrible deal but it wasn't my choice.

Now with 25k left to pay for the ralliart and it's kelly blue book max value at 19k.

Trading it in for a new 2014 evo x gsr 8 miles for $600 a month with a $7000 down payment.

If we do this deal the sales guy said he would get rid of the 6k difference between the ralliart and it's loan
What's the total cost of the new Evo? I'm willing to bet $6,000 of your down payment is going towards your negative equity. They're not going to just wash $6,000.
Old May 8, 2014, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4EverWiKiD
What's the total cost of the new Evo? I'm willing to bet $6,000 of your down payment is going towards your negative equity. They're not going to just wash $6,000.

exactly this!
Old May 12, 2014, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by cocobobo20

Look at leasing it instead. I did this the first time around in 2011. My residual value, as listed in the lease contract, was about $6k under the prices used 2011 GSR's were trading on Autotrader at, so you can make money back buying it out at the end of the term and turning around and selling it privately. As this is the supposed last year of the Evo in it's current form, you can make a reasonable bet that that margin will widen, but at the very least stay the same. Plus, your monthly payments wouldn't be so horrendous.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)