Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nvmaddog
I know from experience dude...

All BS aside, most people are seeing around 3-5 off MSRP.

You have to be willing to do a little searching.
Not saying that you are BS'ing. Just didn't think they would come down that much.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They do.

These cars are not an easy sell, especially for dealers that have quite a few of them.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 06:57 PM

So I just got back from the dealership and they said they can get the car by wed. I was looking at the 2014 evo gsr cosmic blue with sight and sound. I put a refundable deposit down for them to bring the car to their dealership and the lowest they would go for me is about 37k which was about 1k off msrp. Should I just go in wed and try and go lower and if so how much lower? Like what do you guys think is the highest you would pay for a 2014 with approx 12 miles and sight and sound. Any help would be appreciated. And can you get dealerships to waive ttl and stuff or?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Now that they have a deposit from you they are assured you badly want the car albeit refundable.

There is no way I would settle for only 1 grand off of MSRP.

Are you trading anything in? Securing your own financing? Putting anything down?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 06:07 AM

Now that they have a deposit from you they are assured you badly want the car albeit refundable.

There is no way I would settle for only 1 grand off of MSRP.

Are you trading anything in? Securing your own financing? Putting anything down?
Well I needed to put a deposit down to get the car there. That was it. Is 36,500 with sight and sound a decent deal or? And no I am not trading anything in and will most likely be putting down 5k. And I am going to see what rate I get to finance through my bank compared to what they throw at me.

Last edited by SpoonTunage; Aug 26, 2014 at 06:09 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

No, that is not a decent deal.

And I mentioned the deposit because most dealers do not charge you a deposit to get a vehicle to their lot unless it is some high end luxury vehicle. I imagine due to this they will be less likely to deal, and very unlikely to go down much on price.

With just sight and sound I have seen several sell for about 34k, before fees of course.

You are also going to do better on the price if you finance the vehicle through the dealer as well, they will be seeing that as extra dollars in their pocket, but if they do not offer a competitive interest rate, there is no reason to.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:07 AM

No, that is not a decent deal.

And I mentioned the deposit because most dealers do not charge you a deposit to get a vehicle to their lot unless it is some high end luxury vehicle. I imagine due to this they will be less likely to deal, and very unlikely to go down much on price.

With just sight and sound I have seen several sell for about 34k, before fees of course.

You are also going to do better on the price if you finance the vehicle through the dealer as well, they will be seeing that as extra dollars in their pocket, but if they do not offer a competitive interest rate, there is no reason to.
See this is where I am confused because I spoke earlier with my girlfriends cousin who used to sell cars at a mitsubishi dealer. She told me that unless I have a family member working for them that I will never see under invoice. Then you are telling me that you have seen them go for 34k which would be about 2.1k under invoice. Invoice on a 2014 with s&s is approx 36,100 with msrp being approx 38.000. I dunno maybe I am just not the best at negotiating with car salesman or something.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpoonTunage
I dunno maybe I am just not the best at negotiating with car salesman or something.

That is not a big a part of it as you just need to do a little looking around in your area and comparing dealers to get the best price.

MSRP on the vehicle in question is 37,805 including destination and handling.

All dealers, and I do mean all dealers, offer 1 grand off right off the bat to try and entice buyers.

The MSRP on my fully optioned 2014 GSR was 44,240 and I paid 40 even before taxes and fees. This is just one example of many that I have read about on this site.

People look around and locate dealers (sometimes a little further from them) and have tremendous results receiving 3-5 grand off of MSRP.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 07:23 PM

That is not a big a part of it as you just need to do a little looking around in your area and comparing dealers to get the best price.

MSRP on the vehicle in question is 37,805 including destination and handling.

All dealers, and I do mean all dealers, offer 1 grand off right off the bat to try and entice buyers.

The MSRP on my fully optioned 2014 GSR was 44,240 and I paid 40 even before taxes and fees. This is just one example of many that I have read about on this site.

People look around and locate dealers (sometimes a little further from them) and have tremendous results receiving 3-5 grand off of MSRP.
I actually contacted 2 other dealers that are around here and once I told them what I was looking for they pretty much told me they were not able to get it. The only one that I found that was able to is the one i have been at several times now and the price has been negotiated a few times but it doesn't look like they will go lower then invoice. And they are the only dealership that was able to get me a 2014 in cosmic blue. I am sure if I were to buy one of the 2014's right off the lot that a few of these dealerships have I could get a much better deal. I go in again tomorrow to see the car they picked up and I will try and negotiate price a little more and see where I wind up I guess. If not I can always walk out again and see if they want to offer me a little better deal. I appreciate your help though and I am not trying to be argumentative if that is how I am coming across. Also where are you from, that you are seeing these lower numbers?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 07:39 PM

I would shop around a little more. Maybe try some dealers in New Jersey. I tried 3 dealers in the Philadelphia area and they were not willing to budge at all. I actually showed a dealer in Bucks County figures from another dealer and they told me there is no way possible I was going to get an X for that price and didn't want to even negotiate with me. Trip to NJ saved me a few thousand dollars.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

I appreciate your help though and I am not trying to be argumentative if that is how I am coming across. Also where are you from, that you are seeing these lower numbers?
Not at all no worries. It's good that you are willing to walk out if the deal is not right. Most dealers think once people come on their lot, they will not leave without a car.

It is definitely just not where I'm from, you can do research on just this thread and see all the deals that people have gotten.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by moore0226
I would shop around a little more. Maybe try some dealers in New Jersey. I tried 3 dealers in the Philadelphia area and they were not willing to budge at all. I actually showed a dealer in Bucks County figures from another dealer and they told me there is no way possible I was going to get an X for that price and didn't want to even negotiate with me. Trip to NJ saved me a few thousand dollars.
Same thing I did, drove about 60 miles to a dealer that was willing to negotiate.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by moore0226
I have been to some NJ dealerships and they did seem more willing to negotiate. However, a few of the ones I went to in NJ/Philly were unable to get the car and color I was looking for. I am going back in today for the 4th time to this particular dealership and hopefully we can get these numbers worked out.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 04:24 PM

I have been to some NJ dealerships and they did seem more willing to negotiate. However, a few of the ones I went to in NJ/Philly were unable to get the car and color I was looking for. I am going back in today for the 4th time to this particular dealership and hopefully we can get these numbers worked out.
I'm in the New Jersey, right outside of Philadelphia, where what dealerships have you gone to?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 05:38 PM

You sure do need to shop around!! went to 5 dealerships in my area. Finally got one with sss package for $32k out the door today.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)