Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is 24k for a fully built IX with 40k?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by counterforce661
How is 24k for a fully built IX with 40k?

A lot comes into play here, especially with highly modified cars. "Fully built" is vague, and the truth is stock, unmolested cars are 9 times out of 10 worth more than those that have been modded.

Now if on the other hand and what this person has done to the car is what you really want, this may be one of those situations where it makes sense.

Accident history? Condition? Year?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by nvmaddog
A lot comes into play here, especially with highly modified cars. "Fully built" is vague, and the truth is stock, unmolested cars are 9 times out of 10 worth more than those that have been modded.

Now if on the other hand and what this person has done to the car is what you really want, this may be one of those situations where it makes sense.

Accident history? Condition? Year?
It has a 2.3l stroker that has 1k on the motor. By built I meant just the motor, tcase and trans is stock, built by a highly reputable shop. It's an 06 MR No accidents and car is from the south so no rust. Body is in great condition.

Last edited by counterforce661; Oct 1, 2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

It's honestly worth what you are willing to pay.

For me, that's a crazy price, but you may really want the forged internals. You could purchase a stock one and do exactly what you want to it for less than that.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the catch?

These prices look too good to be true!

http://www.rchillmitsubishi.com/new-...er%20Evolution
Old Oct 1, 2014, 05:19 PM

It's honestly worth what you are willing to pay.

For me, that's a crazy price, but you may really want the forged internals. You could purchase a stock one and do exactly what you want to it for less than that.
Yea I feel you. Most of the built ones that i've seen are going for 25 and up to 30k, but what they are really sitting for that I do not know. Obviously they will sit for a while but maybe someone will willing to pay that.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by si_to_evo
These prices look too good to be true!

http://www.rchillmitsubishi.com/new-...er%20Evolution

Nope they aren't. That's where I bought mine.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by DonewithevoX
Is buying evo IX mr 2006 for 27K good deal? Low miles and biggest thing it is stock!!
Originally Posted by counterforce661
Yea I feel you. Most of the built ones that i've seen are going for 25 and up to 30k, but what they are really sitting for that I do not know. Obviously they will sit for a while but maybe someone will willing to pay that.
You're talking to X owners here. You want to be posting this stuff in the 1-9 section for better informed responses.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
dealing with Troy @ RC Hills was a pain in the butt. I took my business and purchased elsewhere... Don't recommend dealing with him!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PolloVagabundo
dealing with Troy @ RC Hills was a pain in the butt. I took my business and purchased elsewhere... Don't recommend dealing with him!

You are not the first person I've heard that from.

I literally set up the entire deal by phone and email and went and picked the car up. One of the easiest dealer purchases I've ever made, and I've made dozens.

Like every dealer, I'm sure there are good and bad sales people.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 02:45 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
I literally set up the entire deal by phone and email and went and picked the car up. One of the easiest dealer purchases I've ever made, and I've made dozens.
I've always wanted to do that. Haven't had the chance yet.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by .M.
I've always wanted to do that. Haven't had the chance yet.
I'm going to keep it going with an IS-f early in 2015...
Old Oct 4, 2014, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
You are not the first person I've heard that from.

Like every dealer, I'm sure there are good and bad sales people.
That's exactly the way I did it as well with another dealer.

It's funny how many dealers act like they're doing you a favor when you're inquiring to purchase a car. Can't count how many sales guys never called back or didn't reply to emails. Business must be good
Old Oct 4, 2014, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PolloVagabundo
It's funny how many dealers act like they're doing you a favor when you're inquiring to purchase a car.

Business is not that damn good. Many sales people have a smug air of entitlement.

Purchasing a car from a dealer is a huge deal for them, they should be treating you like you are handing them their paycheck.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 09:35 AM

I literally went through so many dealers.... RC Hill, Roswell Mitsubishi (GA), Shad Mitsubishi (GA, both locations), Jeff Smith Mitsubishi (GA), and Bob Penkhus Mitsubishi (CO). I'm stationed in CO and my home is in GA, but evo prices in CO were overpriced... all these dealers i mentioned were kinda pain in the *** to deal with. RC Hill told me 1,800 bucks in basically dealer fees, Roswell Mitsubishi salesperson never really let me talk and just tried to sell me an overpriced evo, Shad Mitsubishi never called me back, Jeff Smith sucks at replying, and Bob Penkhus is just overpriced... So I ended up getting a 2015 sti because none of the dealers wanted to really work with me.
Best Prices I've seen were 2014 WW GSR w/ SS+interior+led for 34k before fees (still available at Jeff Smith Mitsu). Roswell Mitsubishi has WW GSR w/ interior+led for 33.7k (still available)

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)