Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gillman here in San Antonio just called me and is offering $1K below invoice. If you want the rebate that's another $2K off. Talk to Mike Roucsche and tell him Kelly sent you.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by EvoX330
I got my Evo x at the end of the year tax break. So I got an amazing deal from what I've seen at other local dealers. I got it for $30,800 otd with SSS, interior package and navi with 0% for 60. I found it on eBay at a Ocala Mitsubishi dealer listings.
anyone able to get a deal like this in so cal?
Old Mar 3, 2009, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a deal last August at Little Joe's Mitsubishi in Virginia for like $32,800 OTD [plus TTL] for a 2008 PB GSR SSS/Aero/Navi/IntSportPkg, but my financing fell through at my credit union. So fast forward to this month, my financing is solid now due to me making rank, paying down some debts, and of course a little bit of time, and now I go back to them [bc they still have the SAME car lol] and they offer me $33,200 OTD for the SAME car. I'm like dude...it's like 3 months into 2009 and you guys are asking me to pay more for LAST YEAR'S model which is about to be 2 years old in a few months...? They were like, "Yea...we only have 2 left so we don't HAVE to take a loss on them anymore because we only have 2 left and we are not ordering any more in the future." I just walked out after that detritus came out of his mouth. I was hoping they would get me closer to 30k but I was mistaken.

I did find a deal on a PB GSR SSS at Swope Mitsu in Radcliff, Kentucky for like $27450 and they were going to give me the Aero/Navi at cost which would have put me right where I wanted to be but some damn kid and his mom came in and bought the car before I could seal the deal. So I have literally spent the last 2 days calling EVERY dealer within 1k miles of me to see if I can get a PB GSR SSS/Aero/Navi for around $30k but all I seem to get are idiots and dealers who are trying to wait the economy out and "see" if they can make a profit on them later on in the year. I don't see how they can even begin to believe than someone would pay anything near invoice for a 2 year old car that has been sitting on the lot for over a year, but that is what the state of the economy has been doing to people. Dealers are in shock right now and most are just playing the "wait and see" game.

The best deal I have gotten so far is around $32k, which is still too much considering Mitsu has the 2k rebate. At that price, the dealer is still making money off the deal and I am driving away with a car that is worth less than 25k wholesale. If this as 2008 then maybe, but in 2009, prior year models must be discounted heavily to compensate for the huge depreciation hit [double year depreciation in fact] that the consumer will have to endure. There is no way in hell that I am going to bear the brunt of that hit.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

First off, congrats on making rank (E-5? E-6?). Also, I hear ya on the deals. I'm probably going to wait out the 2010's because of the mentality these dealerships tend to have about the 2008 Evo.

I'm also wondering what the deals are going to be? I've visited the MMNA site a few times today and they're still "updating" it. Given their website, an update should take approximately 18 minutes max to incorporate all of the special offers. I wonder what the hold up is? Either way, it should be updated tomorrow at least.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbotortuga
I had a deal last August at Little Joe's Mitsubishi in Virginia for like $32,800 OTD [plus TTL] for a 2008 PB GSR SSS/Aero/Navi/IntSportPkg, but my financing fell through at my credit union. So fast forward to this month, my financing is solid now due to me making rank, paying down some debts, and of course a little bit of time, and now I go back to them [bc they still have the SAME car lol] and they offer me $33,200 OTD for the SAME car. I'm like dude...it's like 3 months into 2009 and you guys are asking me to pay more for LAST YEAR'S model which is about to be 2 years old in a few months...? They were like, "Yea...we only have 2 left so we don't HAVE to take a loss on them anymore because we only have 2 left and we are not ordering any more in the future." I just walked out after that detritus came out of his mouth. I was hoping they would get me closer to 30k but I was mistaken.

I did find a deal on a PB GSR SSS at Swope Mitsu in Radcliff, Kentucky for like $27450 and they were going to give me the Aero/Navi at cost which would have put me right where I wanted to be but some damn kid and his mom came in and bought the car before I could seal the deal. So I have literally spent the last 2 days calling EVERY dealer within 1k miles of me to see if I can get a PB GSR SSS/Aero/Navi for around $30k but all I seem to get are idiots and dealers who are trying to wait the economy out and "see" if they can make a profit on them later on in the year. I don't see how they can even begin to believe than someone would pay anything near invoice for a 2 year old car that has been sitting on the lot for over a year, but that is what the state of the economy has been doing to people. Dealers are in shock right now and most are just playing the "wait and see" game.

The best deal I have gotten so far is around $32k, which is still too much considering Mitsu has the 2k rebate. At that price, the dealer is still making money off the deal and I am driving away with a car that is worth less than 25k wholesale. If this as 2008 then maybe, but in 2009, prior year models must be discounted heavily to compensate for the huge depreciation hit [double year depreciation in fact] that the consumer will have to endure. There is no way in hell that I am going to bear the brunt of that hit.
You should buy used.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
You should buy used.
Yes that is what I thought at first but then I actually looked at the Evo X used market. I realized that with the economy the way it is, new cars are actually going for the same or less than new cars. I did find a used PB GSR SSS/Aero/Navi a few weeks ago at this dealership on North Carolina with 18k miles on it and they wanted like $29,990 for it. I balked at that price bc I was already at 32.8K months ago and no way I was going to pay 3 grand less to half my warranty and potentially get a molested off-lease Evo. Even still, I tried to talk them down to about $27K but they were firm and supposedly they sold it within a week for exactly the $29,990 that they were asking.

As it happens though I am currently working on a dealership that is trying to get me to bite at 31K on an PB X GSR SSS/Aero/Navi/IntSprtPkg. I was all set to agree, but then Evan [Anaheim Mitsu] put out those new prices and now I have to try to squeeze another 1k out of them or else it's better to have him ship me out one to Virginia. I still am stuck on 30K OTD on this car for some reason. I suppose that is what seems like a good deal on a 40k car, 25% off haha.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

I Got mine at SC Mitsu. Mine is somewhat a special case. After seeing ads from Irvine and SC Mitsu here in EVOM, I decided it probably is time to get the EVO I've always wanted. But even with those deals, I still calculated my payment higher than what I would like to pay. A few days pass, I decided to go and see SC's inventory online. I went to there sister dealer in LB Mitsu and saw an ad for an RR MR for 31.9K with only 22 miles (twenty two), what was interesting, the car was posted in there used car inventory. Hmmm??? So I printed the ad and made an appointment with sam at SC mitsu and see what they say. It turns out, the car is a buyout from a failed dealeship and was purchase by SC at auction through Mitsubishi and it so happened according to Sam that the car should have not been advertised at that price because that was the actual money they paid at auction, (so they say). But since it was advertised, they honored it. The only thing is I could not avail of there 2k rebate or 0%/60month since the car is classified as used.

So my out the door price was 31,900 + 2472.25 in Taxes and 400 in other fees for an MR Tech RR.. with mud flaps!

Last edited by izzyevo; Mar 5, 2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by izzyevo
with only 22k miles!
is that a typo? 22,000 or 2,200?

thanks
Old Mar 5, 2009, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

i picked mines up yesterday for 26,399 for gg sss, trade in my 9mrSE for 24,695.. out the door i financed 5307 flat.. Is that an ok deal?? im not sure, they didnt give me loyalty rebate which i signed off that i did get but they didnt deduct the 500 extra off the 26399, my anxiousness got the best of me, but i didnt notice it in the total, but 500 is 500 dollars.. Its too late huh??
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:39 PM

I went to check on the evo x about a week ago.

The new MR with nav is 37,600 + TTL. I didn't bite. I'm think as it gets closer to summer the price is gonna drop some more.

I'm hoping by the time the 2010 evos comes out I can prolly get an 08 MR with nav for 35000 OTD.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spicaly
is that a typo? 22,000 or 2,200?

thanks
ACTUALLY A BIG TYPO. It is only 22 miles!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by izzyevo
ACTUALLY A BIG TYPO. It is only 22 miles!
wow man thats a helluva deal
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:16 PM

Hey guys! Have been browsing the forums for awhile, anxious to see if I would actually be able to buy an Evo X. So this is my first post, and just wanted to provide some feedback.

I went to a Fox Chevrolet in Baltimore when I saw a NEW RR Evo X MR for 28,005. I quickly sped over there the day the price changed. I went there and got to the dealership right before it closed, so he happily let me in. Sat down, talked it over and apparently the 28,005 includes $1000 worth of rebates if you qualified for them (i.e. Mitsubishi loyalty and if your currently in the army). Since I had neither, I didn't qualify for the $1000 off, but that still let me pay 29,005 for the car!

So my OTD came to $31,501!

Mind you, this is without the technology package... but I still think I faired really well. BTW the reason why it was so low was because the dealership wanted to get rid of all 08 lancer evolutions (including this last MR and 3 other GSRs) in hopes replace them with newer and different models of cars.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by skull333
Hey guys! Have been browsing the forums for awhile, anxious to see if I would actually be able to buy an Evo X. So this is my first post, and just wanted to provide some feedback.

I went to a Fox Chevrolet in Baltimore when I saw a NEW RR Evo X MR for 28,005. I quickly sped over there the day the price changed. I went there and got to the dealership right before it closed, so he happily let me in. Sat down, talked it over and apparently the 28,005 includes $1000 worth of rebates if you qualified for them (i.e. Mitsubishi loyalty and if your currently in the army). Since I had neither, I didn't qualify for the $1000 off, but that still let me pay 29,005 for the car!

Mind you, this is without the technology package... but I still think I faired really well. BTW the reason why it was so low was because the dealership wanted to get rid of all 08 lancer evolutions (including this last MR and 3 other GSRs) in hopes replace them with newer and different models of cars.
What about the 2k rebate?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by skull333

That's insane. Are you sure you got a MR for 29,005? Sounds like a GSR SSS deal. If it is an MR, you stole it.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)