Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, finally I got a real dealer to give me a st8 up deal. It is only PB X GSR SSS/Aero/IntSprtPkg, but they want 30K even OTD for it. It's more than I want to pay but honestly it is comparable to the Anaheim deal, and maybe actually a little less considering it is PB which is a ~$200 adder. I am sure I can get cheaper if I wait, but if I wait I may not be able to get Phantom Black. Now I just need to get ahold of a Navi kit for a decent price. BTW, what does an SSS deck usually go for? I won't need it if I get Navi and it makes no sense to hang on to it.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^what dealer?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 04:02 PM

Ok deal is done guys. I got a PB X GSR SSS/Aero/IntSprtPkg for $29,279 OTD including Military rebate. And since TTL is ~$100 for me then my total cost for this transaction is $29,379 OTD. I wanted to get Navi but they didn't really want to put it into the deal for some reason. Hopefully I can find a good deal on a Navi and install kit somewhere, but even if I buy the one on Ebay for 2K, my cost is still only 31K-ish on the car. Now I just have to put in my leave chit for next weekend and buy my plane ticket. I estimate that it will cost me about $250 total to fly there and then drive it back. Just keep at those dealers guy...they are hurting and need to get rid of these cars more than we need to buy them.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 04:25 PM

Best price in canada?

im looking to buy evo x.anyone know ,what is the best price for gsr and mr in canada?!!i have allready 3k off as ticket price..sorry for my bad english
Old Mar 10, 2009, 05:33 PM

After long debate I picked up my RR GSR with SSS/Aero/IntSprtPkg for $30,400. Not the greatest deal but hey, finally got my Evo. They didn't want to budge on the price for the GSR with Navi.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys. i really want a X and the one that i want at my local dealer is a wicked white with the aero package and the rockford system with the navi. the msrp says 39k. And when i spoke with the salesperson very briefly he said that he cant come off the price. Is he just telling me that or what? I only spoke with him briefly so maybe he didnt think i was serious. Would i be wrong to think i could get this car from this dealer for 33 otd?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wartownracer
hey guys. i really want a X and the one that i want at my local dealer is a wicked white with the aero package and the rockford system with the navi. the msrp says 39k. And when i spoke with the salesperson very briefly he said that he cant come off the price. Is he just telling me that or what? I only spoke with him briefly so maybe he didnt think i was serious. Would i be wrong to think i could get this car from this dealer for 33 otd?
The guys at my local dealer did the same thing (Actually it is the same car and color and options, which dealer did you go to? We're in Georgia!).

They basically looked at you and laughed. My local guys pissed me off with that, they just wouldn't talk about it. I'm currently researching out of state options. Although, there is a dealer in GA with a fully loaded OB GSR selling for 32,999. I am aiming for lower though, and I can live without the Navi (though I really want it).

Local dealer said "sticker price is what we can do." Maybe it's just because I'm young. I almost feel sorry they wont sell those GSRs at the $35K sticker price and the loaded one @ $39K.

Last edited by thun712; Mar 10, 2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbotortuga
Ok deal is done guys. I got a PB X GSR SSS/Aero/IntSprtPkg for $29,279 OTD including Military rebate. And since TTL is ~$100 for me then my total cost for this transaction is $29,379 OTD. I wanted to get Navi but they didn't really want to put it into the deal for some reason. Hopefully I can find a good deal on a Navi and install kit somewhere, but even if I buy the one on Ebay for 2K, my cost is still only 31K-ish on the car. Now I just have to put in my leave chit for next weekend and buy my plane ticket. I estimate that it will cost me about $250 total to fly there and then drive it back. Just keep at those dealers guy...they are hurting and need to get rid of these cars more than we need to buy them.
I'm sorry if you explained this earlier, but how is TTL only 100 bucks for you ? Do you not pay taxes in Virginia ?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by spooled_u
I'm sorry if you explained this earlier, but how is TTL only 100 bucks for you ? Do you not pay taxes in Virginia ?
Yes I've explained it a few times in this thread already but I will break it down further here. I am a member of the US Navy, and a Florida Resident and as per Florida regs, "if a member of the United States military, who is a permanent Florida resident, is stationed outside Florida, purchases a vehicle outside of Florida and titles and registers the vehicle in Florida. The transfer of title and registration of the vehicle is not subject to Florida sales and use tax if the military member provides documentation that the vehicle will not be brought into Florida within six months." So that's why I always say "OTD [plus TTL]", because the "[plus TTL]" costs me literally $77.85 to title/register the car in Florida. Sometimes fighting for you country does have some perks.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 09:57 AM

What dealer?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by ruiz86
What dealer?
I'll let you guys know AFTER I accept delivery of the car.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

they probably didnt want to put the navi in because it costs them 1500 and you already got yourself a decent deal, i would say they barely made any money on you

Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by pltek
they probably didnt want to put the navi in because it costs them 1500 and you already got yourself a decent deal, i would say they barely made any money on you
Yea I was just informed by Russell that the New Navi parts cost went up because Mitsu changed the hard drive from a 40 to 80gb. It's now like $2100 to get the Unit + Install Kit from him. More space for music is nice but higher cost is not. At least now the older Navi should drop in price to like less than $500 used, if that. And if dealer still have 40GB they should drop the price to ~$1k per Mitsubishi's new price listing for the discontinued model.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

congratulations either way

Yea I was just informed by Russell that the New Navi parts cost went up because Mitsu changed the hard drive from a 40 to 80gb. It's now like $2100 to get the Unit + Install Kit from him. More space for music is nice but higher cost is not. At least now the older Navi should drop in price to like less than $500 used, if that. And if dealer still have 40GB they should drop the price to ~$1k per Mitsubishi's new price listing for the discontinued model.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
With the way the economy is going and the actions Washington is taking, I'm beginning to second guess whether or not to buy the X in May. If inflation goes way up my family's business might need to close since most of our goods are imported (food).

Well, I guess there has to be a downside to the great deals to be had on these cars.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)