Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm looking to buy a PB Evo X GSR with SSS, or possibly just base, but am on the fence. I want to get the best deal possible on it, but I have never haggled a dealership before. I want to buy soon (this weekend) before the $2000 rebate expires, but then I'm not sure if in a couple months the prices will be down even more to compensate, or if other incentives will come along. There is also color availability, I really only want PB, but would consider GG if the deal was slightly better. Anyway, if anyone has any advice or insights, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:15 AM

Quick question.

My Salesman has offered me a 72 month bumper to bumper warranty extension for $1400. Good deal? (on an MR)

Also GAP insurance? Whats yalls thoughts?

Quick answers greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles
Thanks to turbotortuga for the info on the the deals at Hallmark in Nashville. I'm on my way there now with a bank check for $27,183 for an Apex Silver GSR with SSS.

Call Tom Shafer there. . . he is a great salesman and was very helpful.

Wish me luck on my 11 hour drive home!
No problem man. Those guys are the real deal down there. The price they told you is what it is going to be, they aren't going to bs you or try to sell you anything in the finance office. It's a super easy deal. They had a fully loaded Apex Silver GSR on the lot last week with some miles, but I bet they would let it go for 25k or less, if you tried hard enough. If I wanted Silver, I would have tried to get that one, but I only wanted PB. The drive back isn't bad, just boring.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turbotortuga
No problem man. Those guys are the real deal down there. The price they told you is what it is going to be, they aren't going to bs you or try to sell you anything in the finance office. It's a super easy deal. They had a fully loaded Apex Silver GSR on the lot last week with some miles, but I bet they would let it go for 25k or less, if you tried hard enough. If I wanted Silver, I would have tried to get that one, but I only wanted PB. The drive back isn't bad, just boring.
^ you should of got the silver you PB is going to look like trash in less than a month with Mitsu's crap paint. Silver will look the best by far. You better clear bra and mud flap that thing asap and even then it will only help a little.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
^ you should of got the silver you PB is going to look like trash in less than a month with Mitsu's crap paint. Silver will look the best by far. You better clear bra and mud flap that thing asap and even then it will only help a little.
It's a PB with Aero, so I'm not super worried, plus it's garaged when it's not being driven. Also I only plan on driving it on the weekends as I am going to keep my '98 Civic Hatch as a beater to drive back and forth to work. You do raise a good point about the paint though. I'll do a little reading and see how the PB guys are fairing versus the other colors. The extra $250 Mitsu charges for the PB paint, hopefully makes at least makes it a tiny bit more durable in the least.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oxuultae
I'm looking to buy a PB Evo X GSR with SSS, or possibly just base, but am on the fence. I want to get the best deal possible on it, but I have never haggled a dealership before. I want to buy soon (this weekend) before the $2000 rebate expires, but then I'm not sure if in a couple months the prices will be down even more to compensate, or if other incentives will come along. There is also color availability, I really only want PB, but would consider GG if the deal was slightly better. Anyway, if anyone has any advice or insights, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I've been amazed at how low the Evo X is going for these days. When I picked up my GSR w/SSS for $31,999 at the time that was the best deal around. With the prices I've seen lately, I don't see any point in waiting around. IMO, paying less than thirty grand (SSS package) for one of the best handling cars on the road is a downright bargain. Get it now and start enjoying yourself!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks to turbotortuga for the info on the the deals at Hallmark in Nashville. I'm on my way there now with a bank check for $27,183 for an Apex Silver GSR with SSS.

Is that $27,183 OTD? (i.e. after tax, license...) Do have a trade-in? Cash down? I paid $35,5XX OTD so when I read $27,183 for a GSR w/SSS I go !
Old Mar 27, 2009, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by stokEd
Is that $27,183 OTD? (i.e. after tax, license...) Do have a trade-in? Cash down? I paid $35,5XX OTD so when I read $27,183 for a GSR w/SSS I go !
I just talked to Tom and he stated that this guy is flying there and driving back, similar to what I did. Also this dealership does not do the out of state tax thing, so I can assure you this is w/o TTL. If I understood correctly, this is $27,183 out the dealership door, with the buyer taking care of the TTL in his home state. Definitely one of the better deals that I have seen, at least of the ones where people actually list what they bought in full detail and not just some crazy low number with no specifics.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:29 AM

~$30,100 or so OTD. PB Base X GSR, don't think it's that great of a price myself, especially given South Coast's prices. It includes the $2,000 rebate.

EDIT:
Price including destination is 29,750 or so, before rebate, I forget the exact price, we discussed it over the phone.

Last edited by oxuultae; Mar 27, 2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

This thread is very helpful to us potential buyers of the Evo X, thanks to its members.

Anyways, quick question, do you guys think that the deals ongoing will still get better? Like the model itself is getting older everyday, closing in to 2010 with the new Evo coming out, so will the price of the 2008 Evo X eventually drop some more?

I am really in the market of getting one soon and if the numbers are a steal, then I can convince the wife to finally get one right now and not wait til November. Or is it worth the wait?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 27, 2009, 06:48 PM

I'm looking to pick up a base MR. What should my target be? 34,500?
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Daskid
This thread is very helpful to us potential buyers of the Evo X, thanks to its members.

Anyways, quick question, do you guys think that the deals ongoing will still get better? Like the model itself is getting older everyday, closing in to 2010 with the new Evo coming out, so will the price of the 2008 Evo X eventually drop some more?

I am really in the market of getting one soon and if the numbers are a steal, then I can convince the wife to finally get one right now and not wait til November. Or is it worth the wait?

Thanks in advance!
Hard to say... But I would be surprised if prices get much lower, as many dealers are taking a lose of 5-6k per vehicle already. If they do get lower more than likely that would be when the next evos are introduced.

Last edited by Project_Evo; Mar 27, 2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Project_Evo
Hard to say... But I would be surprised if prices get much lower, as many dealers are taking a lose of 5-6k per vehicle already. If they do get lower more than likely that would be when the next evos are introduced.
Is it safe to say to wait for the 2010 Evos to hit the market then get the 2008s? I believe it'll come out this fall.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Daskid
Is it safe to say to wait for the 2010 Evos to hit the market then get the 2008s? I believe it'll come out this fall.

Only if you like the waiting more than the driving.

And you pay more for a 2010. A lot more.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:53 AM

It wa a long 11 hours, but I'm home and the car is awesome. More on that in a different thread.

The guys at Hallmark were great. Call Tom Shafer there if you want an Evo.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)