Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 07:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by DannyK24
Where'd you buy your vehicle from? I've called almost everywhere within 50 miles. going to expand the search.
Charlottesville -- Colonial Mitsu. They have a black one left.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DannyK24
Just started looking for one and I'm about to give up! I hope I can find a white x.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...3A1|240%3A1318

Didn't look anywhere else. Autotrader.com is a good place to look too
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

price

I just picked up my GG evo X for 29990 with 0%apr 60 mo.

har has SSS, Aero, and Navi. I put 15k down at signing.. payments are something like 260$

Dealer: Fairfield mitsubishi (spoke to LeRoy).
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Traded my IX, 46k miles, bad clutch for a SSS X for $29,068 +ttl at 0%. They gave me 18k for the IX, and they will remove my intercooler and exhaust when I give them the stockers back. My payment is about $340 a month. My insurance has gone down $58 per month! Huge savings.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:45 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SLW EVO
I just picked up my GG evo X for 29990 with 0%apr 60 mo.

har has SSS, Aero, and Navi. I put 15k down at signing.. payments are something like 260$

Dealer: Fairfield mitsubishi (spoke to LeRoy).
How many miles were on the car? That's a killer deal. Best I've found for an Evo X with all the same options was $31,300 and that car had 2100 miles yet is still considered new.

Also, just curious why you put down $15k. If you're financing at 0%, the money loaned isn't costing you anything.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by adambl03
How many miles were on the car? That's a killer deal. Best I've found for an Evo X with all the same options was $31,300 and that car had 2100 miles yet is still considered new.

Also, just curious why you put down $15k. If you're financing at 0%, the money loaned isn't costing you anything.
Maybe he wanted smaller payments in case something happens to his job? There's a few reasons you'd want to do that, but I personally wouldn't. I'd rather have $15k in the bank to do whatever gains interest with (secure 1-3 yr CODs, etc) and pay $500/mo instead of $250/mo

I'm really hoping to get a very similar deal... that's the exact car I want aside from color and pending mileage. If I can get a dealer to put the Aero on a SSS/Navi GSR and still keep it just shy of $30k then I would pull the trigger immediately

Edit: okay this one I'm looking at has SSS/Navi/Aero, and it's the color I want... but has SIX HUNDRED test drive miles (well of course I don't know how many were destination and how many were test drive, but still, 600) and he (car salesman) swears it has a sun roof??? I asked him if he was sure about 5 times. He kept saying it has the Recaro package, the sound system package that has the sound, sun roof... so I interrupted with "sight, sound, spoiler you mean?" He says yeah that's it, so I ask him again if it had a sun roof and he's like yeah I've driven it I'm sure it has a sun roof...???

No biggie but he also said it was a 6 speed manual. The MR's are listed as 6spd manuals all the time so I don't blame him too much on that... but sun roof???

Last edited by Frankiago; Apr 1, 2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles
Thanks to turbotortuga for the info on the the deals at Hallmark in Nashville. I'm on my way there now with a bank check for $27,183 for an Apex Silver GSR with SSS.

Call Tom Shafer there. . . he is a great salesman and was very helpful.

Wish me luck on my 11 hour drive home!
That's a great price! But if you went there with your own financing, that means you got the extra $2K off instead of 0%, right? So with 0%, it would have been $29,183? Or am I confused

I'm interested because I see on cars.com that they have a blue one, which is what I want.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeez... I asked for more detailed info and it went from a fully loaded (every option including the elusive sun roof) GSR with a sun roof and over 600 miles (salesman) to a GSR with SSS+Navi (no sun roof) with <10 miles (another salesman) then to a GSR with SSS+Navi (no sun roof) with over 600 miles (sales manager). At least I got the ridiculous sun roof thing answered.

When they say something like a manager had taken it home with him back when they were new... does that make sense in racking up the miles? Do managers get perks like this? Or is he trying to make it seem like it's not a year's worth of test drives?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 03:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankiago
Jeez... I asked for more detailed info and it went from a fully loaded (every option including the elusive sun roof) GSR with a sun roof and over 600 miles (salesman) to a GSR with SSS+Navi (no sun roof) with <10 miles (another salesman) then to a GSR with SSS+Navi (no sun roof) with over 600 miles (sales manager). At least I got the ridiculous sun roof thing answered.

When they say something like a manager had taken it home with him back when they were new... does that make sense in racking up the miles? Do managers get perks like this? Or is he trying to make it seem like it's not a year's worth of test drives?
Is this car in southern VA? I called about a GSR SSS that had 600 miles. I was told that the car was driven by the manager's son to college to show it off, to raise interest in the car. No thanks on that one!
Old Apr 1, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Charlottesville -- Colonial Mitsu. They have a black one left.
Wow, so you drove all the way out there? At least you got what you wanted. Hopefully I can, too.

Thanks for the ebay link raptor, I don't think I can safely buy a car over ebay, not to mention I haven't even gotten the chance to drive an evo x.

I'll wait a little while longer to see what pops up.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

hey, sorry my post was 29990 plus TTL..

yeah, i wanted to put 15k down because it just made me feel better about the entire thing.

My car had 68 miles on it. It's not a "new" car if it had 2100 miles. that is just crazy. i wouldn't ever buy a car with 2100 "test drive" miles.. that's basically all tore up.

hope all this helps
Old Apr 1, 2009, 04:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am going this Saturday to the dealership. Looking at a Rally Red EVO X GSR w SSS + interior trinket package $399. THE MSRP is $36000 , I am thinking that I will try to deal with them to get it to 29-30k OTD w/ TTL. Has only 30 miles on it.

I am putting down 7-8k cash and a 06 Scion tC w MT (has 48k miles) worth abou 9-9.5k. So about a $17-18k down-payment.

I have plus the royalty rebate & Sam's Club rebate. I have a rather good credit score well above 720 so I will qualify for the 0% at 60month.

Do you think that is a correct market price to shoot for or should I go lower?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankiago

down here where i live the dealers drive cars home for a reason to rack up the miles so they can get a used one and sell it alittle cheaper. Its called a Demo model. Some people prefer to buy demos to save alittle extra cash. I dont have a evo X never driven one i do have a 03 evo and a 08 lancer gts and drove the rallairt when i was gonna trade the gts lancer 08 for it but it is to loud and sounded horrible anyways. last time i was there. Remember we dont get very many evos down here a extremely rare breed of car but they had a maroon/red whatever you want to call it fully loaded EVERY OPTION. yes i mean every option its used condition for 32000 and they said they will deal on it. Some rich child owned it for two weeks and his mom took it away and sold it back to the dealer to teach him a lesson on keeping his grades up in school. they were talking maybe selling it for 28000.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
I am going this Saturday to the dealership. Looking at a Rally Red EVO X GSR w SSS + interior trinket package $399. THE MSRP is $36000 , I am thinking that I will try to deal with them to get it to 29-30k OTD w/ TTL. Has only 30 miles on it.

I am putting down 7-8k cash and a 06 Scion tC w MT (has 48k miles) worth abou 9-9.5k. So about a $17-18k down-payment.

I have plus the royalty rebate & Sam's Club rebate. I have a rather good credit score well above 720 so I will qualify for the 0% at 60month.

go for it
Old Apr 1, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Clipse3GT

Do not put a down payment, it is not like you need it since you have a high credit score. Plus you already have a trade plus 0% interest. Use the money for mods!

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)