Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2009, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, looks like i got raped like a little b*tch by South coast coz i certainly paid MSRP (37K) + fees, taxes and whatnot. It sucks to read how I could have gotten a good deal but i guess only some salesmen can get that offer. Other salemen probably can't get that good of a deal posted on these forums because they don't have much authority .... maybe? Or i was probably just a scheme for them to get as much money as they can from me ... which worked perfectly. sucks that this was my first car buying experience and I gotta say, I learned a whole lot and I probably won't get screwed again.

I'll be sure to search the forums and do much more research than I did (besides car problems and performance potential) and look at what some dealers/salesmen are offering in terms of OTD price. Wish I knew more =/
Old Apr 9, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's alright, I kinda got raped on my first car purchase too. Not so much on the price of the car, but on the interest rate. They quoted me a low interest at first. Then after some haggling and lowering the price of the car, they said they made a mistake and my interest would be higher, only to leave and return again to quote an even higher one. I pay about 8.**%. I was dumb enough to accept it, thinking it wouldn't have been a big difference because I had a large down. That's kinda why I'm skeptical of dealers, even though I really want to get myself an Evo.

Originally Posted by EVOX56
Damn, looks like i got raped like a little b*tch by South coast coz i certainly paid MSRP (37K) + fees, taxes and whatnot. It sucks to read how I could have gotten a good deal but i guess only some salesmen can get that offer. Other salemen probably can't get that good of a deal posted on these forums because they don't have much authority .... maybe? Or i was probably just a scheme for them to get as much money as they can from me ... which worked perfectly. sucks that this was my first car buying experience and I gotta say, I learned a whole lot and I probably won't get screwed again.

I'll be sure to search the forums and do much more research than I did (besides car problems and performance potential) and look at what some dealers/salesmen are offering in terms of OTD price. Wish I knew more =/

Last edited by popdakebin; Apr 9, 2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOX56

How long ago did you buy your car?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

It's alright, I kinda got raped on my first car purchase too. Not so much on the price of the car, but on the interest rate. They quoted me a low interest at first. Then after some haggling and lowering the price of the car, they said they made a mistake and my interest would be higher, only to leave and return again to quote an even higher one. I pay about 8.**%. I was dumb enough to accept it, thinking it wouldn't have been a big difference because I had a large down. That's kinda why I'm skeptical of dealers, even though I really want to get myself an Evo.
Don't feel bad, I got hammered on interest rate as well. I don't have bad credit, just no credit. That's where re-financing comes into play. Stay on course, make payments on time or ahead of time and go to your banks after 12-24 months. I guarantee you will get a better rate.

I paid even more than you on interest, but I have never financed anything, no credit cards, no loans, etc. I have paid cash for everything I own. The money I have saved in my life by not financing/paying interest rates on anything has more than made up the difference. I knew I was going to pay to finance first time out.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
I paid even more than you on interest, but I have never financed anything, no credit cards, no loans, etc. I have paid cash for everything I own. The money I have saved in my life by not financing/paying interest rates on anything has more than made up the difference. I knew I was going to pay to finance first time out.
I'm 25 now, I had a student credit card for two years with a 2k limit. 750 score. never missed a payment, never maxed it out. in february i tried to get 0% for a 29k challenger with 9k down and got denied for "credit inexperience". right after that my bank offered me a "regular" credit card with a 6k limit. don't know if i should even try to get the 0% for an evo with (by now) 13k down... maybe i should just try to get financing for a leftover 08 mazdaspeed3 or so since I would only need to finance like 10k or so...

And no, I don't have a co-signer... :/

Last edited by diddiyo; Apr 9, 2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:22 PM
Account Disabled

I paid even more than you , but I have no credit cards, no loans, etc. I have paid cash for everything. The money I have saved in my life by not financing/paying interest rates on anything has more than made up the difference.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
How long ago did you buy your car?
I purchased the car about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by EVOX56; Apr 9, 2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by diddiyo
I'm 25 now, I had a student credit card for two years with a 2k limit. 750 score. never missed a payment, never maxed it out. in february i tried to get 0% for a 29k challenger with 9k down and got denied for "credit inexperience". right after that my bank offered me a "regular" credit card with a 6k limit. don't know if i should even try to get the 0% for an evo with (by now) 13k down... maybe i should just try to get financing for a leftover 08 mazdaspeed3 or so since I would only need to finance like 10k or so...

Most want to see more then just credit cards. A 2k limit doesn't prove anything to them. They want to see that lenders have given you car loans or a mortgage etc. and trusted you with more then 2k. Your best bet is to go into a mitsu dealer and talk to the finance manager. Considering you putting down almost half the car I dont see why 0%, assuming you have a 750, would be an issue whatsoever.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 08:51 PM

well, since chrysler was so "helpful" and tried to apply for 0% at several other banks (wachovia, chase etc) without my knowledge after they couldn't get chrysler financial to approve me, my score dropped to 710 or so. that was two months ago. but yeah, might be a good idea to talk to them...
Old Apr 9, 2009, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

well, since chrysler was so "helpful" and tried to apply for 0% at several other banks (wachovia, chase etc) without my knowledge after they couldn't get chrysler financial to approve me, my score dropped to 710 or so. that was two months ago. but yeah, might be a good idea to talk to them...
Yup each time you run your credit "bang!" Sorry to hear about Chrysler thats real un professinal of them! Maybe theres something you can do.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, you're making me nervous about getting my credit application to pass. I haven't sat down with the mitsu dealer yet, but I wonder if I'll pass. I want to get it passed by myself, but maybe if I get a co-signer it'll be more likely to go through??
Old Apr 10, 2009, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sometimes Co-signers don't help much. In my case, I was in a similar situation. Only had a 2k cc limit for about 2 years (was 23 at the time). Had my dad co-sign and his credit was decent. Still got the 8.**%.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 08:42 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stevolee
Man, you're making me nervous about getting my credit application to pass. I haven't sat down with the mitsu dealer yet, but I wonder if I'll pass. I want to get it passed by myself, but maybe if I get a co-signer it'll be more likely to go through??
Have you checked your credit scores (TransUnion, Equifax and Experian)? Make sure you do before you go to the dealership. If all of them are over 700, you should qualify without any problems. You can get your credit scores for free online. Google "triple credit score" and there will be tons of websites. All you have to do is sign up for a trial membership and then cancel it right away and they don't charge you anything.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
Have you checked your credit scores (TransUnion, Equifax and Experian)? Make sure you do before you go to the dealership. If all of them are over 700, you should qualify without any problems. You can get your credit scores for free online. Google "triple credit score" and there will be tons of websites. All you have to do is sign up for a trial membership and then cancel it right away and they don't charge you anything.
This is some bad info here. Just becuase you have over a 700 Fico score in no way means a bank will lend you money for a car. You can be 18 years old and all you have is a American Eagle credit card with a $200 limit and have a 730 credit score and no way will someone lend you $30k for a car.

I work in the biz and i see 700 + credit scores get declined all the time.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
This is some bad info here. Just becuase you have over a 700 Fico score in no way means a bank will lend you money for a car. You can be 18 years old and all you have is a American Eagle credit card with a $200 limit and have a 730 credit score and no way will someone lend you $30k for a car.
exactly. that's why I don't know if I should apply again. I'm probably more likely to get a 10k loan with whatever % for an MS3 than a 17k loan with 0.00% for an EvoX... as sad as it might sound.

Everything I own I payed for with cash and therefore didn't have/need a credit card for a long time. But now I'm being raped in the *** if I'd like to buy a car lol :< That's what I get for being responsible I guess. There's something wrong with the financial system...

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)