Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:34 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
This is some bad info here. Just becuase you have over a 700 Fico score in no way means a bank will lend you money for a car. You can be 18 years old and all you have is a American Eagle credit card with a $200 limit and have a 730 credit score and no way will someone lend you $30k for a car.

I work in the biz and i see 700 + credit scores get declined all the time.
You're right. Not everyone will qualify...especially people who don't really have a history of credit usage. Also, I didn't make a guarantee in my post. The operative word was "should."

But, there's no reason that the guy shouldn't try to qualify for 0%...especially if his scores are over 700. He's got to get a loan regardless. If you're saying that he's not going to get the 0%, how do you recommend that he buy the car? He needs to have his credit pulled to see what rate he will qualify for...and he clearly doesn't have the cash to buy it out right.

Last edited by atombomb33; Apr 10, 2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:44 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by diddiyo
exactly. that's why I don't know if I should apply again. I'm probably more likely to get a 10k loan with whatever % for an MS3 than a 17k loan with 0.00% for an EvoX... as sad as it might sound.

Everything I own I payed for with cash and therefore didn't have/need a credit card for a long time. But now I'm being raped in the *** if I'd like to buy a car lol :< That's what I get for being responsible I guess. There's something wrong with the financial system...
My advice wasn't for you...I was responding to stevolee. You're in a different situation because A) you already had your credit pulled in February and were declined; and B) you don't have a large enough credit history.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that creditors want to see you have a credit history of 7+ years or else they may decline you just because of insufficient credit history. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:30 PM

Would $32k be a good price on a RR, SSS, 08 GSR with 400 miles on it?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JCsEvo
Would $32k be a good price on a RR, SSS, 08 GSR with 400 miles on it?
32k OTD I would say is a decent price. 400 miles, why so many miles? I dont think i'd wait a brand new car with that many, especially a performance vehicle.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:47 PM

400 miles? how is that a lot of miles?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by JCsEvo
400 miles? how is that a lot of miles?
thats a lot of miles for a "new" car. makes you wonder what it's been through, eh? oh and 32k is a crappy price, get it down by 5 and now you're talkin'
Old Apr 10, 2009, 01:53 PM

Gotcha, I am actually trying to sell mine and was tryin to get a feel for a price. The site wont allow me to post it up yet so I thought that i would ask around until I can post it on the 4sale forum. So you think around $27k then huh, that sucks i owe more then that lol.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
exactly. that's why I don't know if I should apply again. I'm probably more likely to get a 10k loan with whatever % for an MS3 than a 17k loan with 0.00% for an EvoX... as sad as it might sound.

Everything I own I payed for with cash and therefore didn't have/need a credit card for a long time. But now I'm being raped in the *** if I'd like to buy a car lol :< That's what I get for being responsible I guess. There's something wrong with the financial system...
definitely something wrong with the financial system......just look at where we are now.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

As far as credit scores go here is what I was told yesterday by the dealership I have been working with.

Must have a 720+ Fico to qualify for Mitsu tier 1 credit.
Must have minimum of 2k a month gross income.
Must have atleast 6 lines of credit on your report(does not mean 6 lines of credit open, just needed to have atleast 6 items show on your report.)

I hope I got a good deal on mine but others may have gotten better $28,100 OTD on a GG with tint, shift knob, e brake handle, and wheel locks.

Flying to cali on the 24th to pick it up. Woot The DSM is finally a track car only and the X is the DD.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you get the base?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Okay, so here in Northern VA I found a Grey Evo X with Aero, Navi, and SSS for an msrp of 38k. I haggled them to get me 34.5 OTD, but they won't budge. They are offering 36.3 OTD with 0% financing. VA sales tax is 5%.

Is this a good deal? The car was manf. in March of 2008 and the tires DOT are from 0808. The sales person told me they got the car last week which is bull. Any thoughts?

Last edited by DannyK24; Apr 10, 2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by popdakebin
Did you get the base?
I don't see SSS on there, I'm assuming so.

Thanks for the credit info for tier 1... I'll have to double check on the 6 lines of credit thing, but it sounds like I over-qualify which is great news for me. I was a little uneasy about whether or not I'd qualify, but that info pretty much seals the deal.

I'm also looking at a GSR with over 600 miles "new," so I'm a lil iffy on it. JCsEvo, you're talkin 400 miles on a USED Evo X now, right? Once it has an owner, it's no longer a new title.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
Have you checked your credit scores (TransUnion, Equifax and Experian)? Make sure you do before you go to the dealership. If all of them are over 700, you should qualify without any problems. You can get your credit scores for free online. Google "triple credit score" and there will be tons of websites. All you have to do is sign up for a trial membership and then cancel it right away and they don't charge you anything.
Thanks, I think I already used up my free once a year credit check and I want to say that I'm over 700 on all of them (at least to the best of my knowledge...LOL). But if I get my dad to co-sign maybe my chances of the loan going through will be better, right??
Old Apr 10, 2009, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

wtf, almost 9k off? I might have to show this page to a dealer who wanted to give me 2k off max. I could have the car shipped around the globe and still save money
They also said that they'd beat any price by at least $500 and so if you don't live too far from FL, you can definitely get a good deal.

I really consider going down there, but my local mitsu dealer is also trying to offer me a great deal too. So if it all comes down and the price is similar, I might just buy it from my local Mitsu dealer (they also said they'd match any prices...)

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)