Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was using South Coast as the benchmark -- $33,369 before TTL is what I think they are qouting for the same options. I basically got the extended warranty for free. And since I plan to keep the car at least 5 years, and not really interested in mod'ing it, it works out nicely for me. 6 miles to work, daily driver for the win.

It took some serious hunting. Most dealers in a 150 mile radius dont want to play ball, and the ones that do are usually pitching demo cars that are beat on.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stylean
$32,880 + TTL for an Apex Silver GSR with SSS, Aero, Interior Sport, and 10yr / 100k bumper to bumper. Car had 32 miles on it.

Put down roughly $6.5k, financed $29k @ 0%.

Probably not the super-duper lowest price, but for this area (Baltimore / DC) I think its pretty damn good. Plus I think that there is only 1 non-blue, non-red GSR left in all of Maryland (Another Apex Silver, but 500+ miles on it, demo car). Had to go to VA for this one.
Nice. Feels good to have a new Evo doesnt it? I just did the same! All the options you have but a graphite grey with Navi, about 34.5k comes out to 36,199 OTD. 6 miles on odo. With 0% as well.
There was a wicked white evo in MD but no SSS, which is what I really wanted ontop of Navi.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

I keep reading that you have to have a certain credit score to qualify for the 0% 700-720 which is not true. I have seen people turned down for 0% above the said ranges and i got aproved with 680-690 score. I do know credit history (last couple years) and debt to income ratio where larger factors in me getting the 0.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mantella
I keep reading that you have to have a certain credit score to qualify for the 0% 700-720 which is not true. I have seen people turned down for 0% above the said ranges and i got aproved with 680-690 score. I do know credit history (last couple years) and debt to income ratio where larger factors in me getting the 0.
Yeah apparently you need to make 5 times more than your monthly payment would be with the 0%, have a sufficient credit history length, and a decent score. You must have some impressive credit history length and considerable salary to justify the monthly payments?

I have an amazing credit score for my age and pretty damn decent net AND gross income... but the credit history length is what scares me. My average credit length is 3 years and my entire credit history is a about 5.5 years...
Old Apr 11, 2009, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frankiago
Yeah apparently you need to make 5 times more than your monthly payment would be with the 0%, have a sufficient credit history length, and a decent score. You must have some impressive credit history length and considerable salary to justify the monthly payments?

I have an amazing credit score for my age and pretty damn decent net AND gross income... but the credit history length is what scares me. My average credit length is 3 years and my entire credit history is a about 5.5 years...
I'll be honest with you if that's all true I don't think you'll get turned down for the 0%. Your credit score is there for a reason, use it. If you want to make a purchase that involves credit, then use the score you've earned to get the financing you deserve. They also can do things such as "tier bumps". If you're borderline tier 1/tier 2 the dealer can make a call to mitsu and try and get you bumped to the next tier for the financing you want. You really have nothing to lose, except maybe waiting to long and your car getting sold to someone else.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

i went to test drive an Evo X today. msrp was $40,xxx on it...the "no hassle" price tag was $33,xxx...how much more you think i could bring that down...whats a good price for it. It was a GSR with tech pack, sss, and im pretty sure all the goodies.
Old Apr 11, 2009, 11:07 PM

Mitsubishi Evo X MR

There's a Dealership in SoCal that is taking off $10,000 off msrp from a
2008 with Navi Red MR. It was very tempting to me. They're really trying to offload it.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

Just bought mine today from Sam @ SoCal Mitsu.... AWESOME deal and AWESOME service!!!
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

bump for some help on this deal:

msrp was $40,xxx on it...the "no hassle" price tag was $33,xxx...how much more you think i could bring that down...whats a good price for it. It was a GSR with sss and navi and alot of other stuff...don' recall exactly.

is navi worth it?
Old Apr 12, 2009, 01:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248
bump for some help on this deal:

msrp was $40,xxx on it...the "no hassle" price tag was $33,xxx...how much more you think i could bring that down...whats a good price for it. It was a GSR with sss and navi and alot of other stuff...don' recall exactly.

is navi worth it?
If you have the money then go for the Navi... I didn't so I just went with the sss option. Evo owners who have the navi say its not everything they hoped for. But this is my deal new gsr sss package for 28900 OTD forgot what it was before taxes MSRP on mine was 35640.

I say if msrp on yours is 40k aim for 32k before taxes. What does it have besides for navi and sss to take it all the way up to 40k? Aero?
Old Apr 12, 2009, 01:29 AM
Evolving Member

yea he said it had aero...i saw the msrp window sticker and it did say $40,xxx. I got there 15 min before the dealer closed so i didn't really look into it alot. Aero, navi, sss and prob alot of other items...i didnt notice when i test drove it that it had the shift knob and e-brake handle.

it wasn't the color i wanted though. He did find 2 with the color i want. one is $2k cheaper cause it doesn't have navi. and the other he said is exactly the same so msrp still around $40,xxx but he said the price was $34,xxx. Still pretty good price to start with.

im just wondering what i should shoot for before taxes on the car that has an msrp of $40,xxx...and there asking 33k-34,xxx.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

yea he said it had aero...i saw the msrp window sticker and it did say $40,xxx. I got there 15 min before the dealer closed so i didn't really look into it alot. Aero, navi, sss and prob alot of other items...i didnt notice when i test drove it that it had the shift knob and e-brake handle.

it wasn't the color i wanted though. He did find 2 with the color i want. one is $2k cheaper cause it doesn't have navi. and the other he said is exactly the same so msrp still around $40,xxx but he said the price was $34,xxx. Still pretty good price to start with.

im just wondering what i should shoot for before taxes on the car that has an msrp of $40,xxx...and there asking 33k-34,xxx.
I would say no more than 31.5k and no more than 32k. Just threw out this price from good deals going around here in CA.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 01:45 AM

Is 33k-34k OTD? If it is then it's a good deal. If you need to pay extra for taxes and all other fees, you are looking to pay for $36-37k. It is a bit high.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ALWAYS pay a little more, if you have to, for the color you want. You will be much happier with the car overall in the long term if you get exactly what you want, rather than settle for what is available, to save a few bucks in the short term. Your final price will depend on a few things. What color are you trying to get? If it is Phantom Black or Wicked White, then you will be in the same boat as I was and dealers will ask for a small premium for a more popular color choice. The other colors are in abundance so you will be able to get a little more off of them if you are persistent and patient. Regardless, you should be shooting for 10K off the msrp, if you are bringing your own financing, or 8K off the msrp if you are going to get the 0%. I got a PB X GSR SSS/Aero/IntSprtPkg for $28.5K with my own financing and bought a used Navi off of another Evo owner for about 1K and installed it myself. Works perfectly and so at the end of the day, My GSR is fully loaded at $40K msrp and it cost me $29.5K.

However, the caveat to your deal is whether or not you plan on trading in your 5 month old G37S to the dealer. Unless you got a stellar deal [read: under dealer cost] on your G37S AND put down 5-10K on the deal, you are going to have to take a hit somewhere to soak up that negative equity. So you might get a great deal on the car, but get lowballed on your trade. They can't sell you the Evo for nothing AND give to you top dollar for your trade, at least not in the current economy.

If I were you, I would just stay in the 08' G37S. It is a VERY nice car and you must have liked it very much at one time to shell out the cabbage for it. Trading up every 6 months for a new ride is very expensive, regardless how cheap you can get them.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

when you say i should be aiming for $10k of msrp or $8k off with 0% is this before taxes? or should i be getting it OTD for that price. Cause there already offering $6k below msrp so all i gotta do is bring em down another couple...but not OTD.

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)