Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2009, 01:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is getting off topic but pull your own score. you will be able to know what the score is and be able to view your history. if they pull your score it will count as an inquiry, where as your own personal pull will not. the number of inquiries on your credit will negatively impact your score and they stick around for a while (years). I just bought a house and the evo so my inquiries are rather high and knocked me down about 10 points.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the info. I haven't had any inquiries in the past year or so. I hope that'll make things a little bit better. But yeah, lets get back on topic now. LOL
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by blacklabelz
Well they said I don't qualify for the 0% because I took the cash back option ($2,000 I think?). I also am not in the military and did not previously own a Mitsubishi so that's another $1,000 I can't get.

So the car with 91 miles on it went from 35,915 (after 2k rebate) to 30,237 to 28,890.

Now I own a .

Congrats. I bought my white one there a few weeks ago and saw that black one on the lot. The price you got is fine. I was right around $30K out the door as well (GSR SSS). I also thought the dealership was very easy to deal with. Nice folks.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stevolee
Yeah, the salesman keeps on wanting me to come in and start a credit application, but I'm not sure how that'll go. Considering I don't have a job yet. Can they really push the car payment back a month or two for students? Do you happen to know how that works?
They can push it back about 45 days after purchase.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, the salesman keeps on wanting me to come in and start a credit application, but I'm not sure how that'll go. Considering I don't have a job yet. Can they really push the car payment back a month or two for students? Do you happen to know how that works?
How would you be approved without any income?
Old Apr 18, 2009, 04:31 PM
EvoM Community Team

I think Mitsu's standard is 6 weeks after purchase, your first payment is due.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fishstix
How would you be approved without any income?
Well, I have an internship right now. Just don't have a full-time job yet. LOL And I'll probably have to apply with my my dad so that might actually help.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Has anyone bought from the Cherry Hill Triplex recently? I noticed their inventory go from 18 Evo's to 10 over the past 2 months, but I'm positive that they just moved the inventory to another dealership.

I heard that they just lost a lawsuit against them, so they are either hurting for sales or they are going to be really stingy when it comes to deals.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 04:13 PM

I have to comment on the credit thing (I'm new here, not an "official vendor", but a vendor none the less)...any pull on your credit, whether you do it yourself or not will show on the bottom of your report. But for it to lower your score you must have like 10 pulls a month over the span of a couple of months. So the dealership pulling your credit isn't a problem. If you don't have a job now but your score is good, generally MMCA won't approve you. You have to have an income. If you get a job and have a letter from your employer stating your start date and your wage/salary, MMCA will take it. In PA you can delay your payment 45 days, which is pretty standard, but you do pay interest over those extra 15 days. For college grad programs, they'll take a job letter if you're not yet employed, and it doesn't matter if you have credit or not, as long as you don't have ANY bad credit. That's pretty much the game. PM me if anyone has any questions about credit score and getting approved, I'd be happy to help in anyway I can.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 04:48 PM

After much negotiation, I was quote $27,620 for a stock GSR after all discounts/rebates/etc. Sticker price was $33,695 or thereabouts. My dealer won't budge and won't allow the 0% finance offer in combination. Nothing I did or said would cause them to negotiate lower...I even mentioned that I've been evaluating a Subaru WRX and they still refused to go lower. They don't have the car in stock, but can get it in my choice of color.

There's a silver GSR in stock with 152 miles basically fully configured with SSS and other options, which I test drove that has a sticker price of around $38,000 I think. They would sell me that one for a bit over $31,000 if I was interested.

Not really sure about what I should do at this point.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoEllen
I have to comment on the credit thing (I'm new here, not an "official vendor", but a vendor none the less)...any pull on your credit, whether you do it yourself or not will show on the bottom of your report. But for it to lower your score you must have like 10 pulls a month over the span of a couple of months. So the dealership pulling your credit isn't a problem. If you don't have a job now but your score is good, generally MMCA won't approve you. You have to have an income. If you get a job and have a letter from your employer stating your start date and your wage/salary, MMCA will take it. In PA you can delay your payment 45 days, which is pretty standard, but you do pay interest over those extra 15 days. For college grad programs, they'll take a job letter if you're not yet employed, and it doesn't matter if you have credit or not, as long as you don't have ANY bad credit. That's pretty much the game. PM me if anyone has any questions about credit score and getting approved, I'd be happy to help in anyway I can.

PMed!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by AM-EVO
After much negotiation, I was quote $27,620 for a stock GSR after all discounts/rebates/etc. Sticker price was $33,695 or thereabouts. My dealer won't budge and won't allow the 0% finance offer in combination. Nothing I did or said would cause them to negotiate lower...I even mentioned that I've been evaluating a Subaru WRX and they still refused to go lower. They don't have the car in stock, but can get it in my choice of color.

There's a silver GSR in stock with 152 miles basically fully configured with SSS and other options, which I test drove that has a sticker price of around $38,000 I think. They would sell me that one for a bit over $31,000 if I was interested.

Not really sure about what I should do at this point.
crappy deal. northern nj dealership? just wait it out or go south
Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 944guy
I live in South Jersey and there's nothing going on here. Only the Triplex has Evos and they are notorious for being crooks. The rest of the dealerships don't have any in stock.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by 944guy
No, I'm in NH so I tried Nashua Mitsubishi.
Funny enough, the sales guy who I was dealing with called me this morning wondering if there was something more he could do to get me to buy.

I told him the price was not as competitive as I was hoping for and kept mentioning that I was evaluating a WRX as an alternative. After some apologizing, he basically told me that they couldn't budge, that this was 'their best deal' and so on.
Figured I'd ask for a set of all season tires, and even then they said it was a no go.

Guess I'll wait for now.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 06:37 PM

New to the forums. Coming from the subaru scene....

Possibly buying a new MR tomorrow. Looking to see what you guys think of this deal:

GG Evo MR w/ Tech package MSRP $43,XXX

I am being offered $36,995 @ 0% and $11,500 for my wife's 2005 Legacy GT Limited (auto) w/ 61,000 miles.

Would love some input on this, Thanks

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)