Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems as though the number of available Evo X's across the country is running thin.

Sure there might be a large TOTAL number, but it's getting very finely spread, with most dealerships having anywhere from 1-4 X's. Since their individual numbers are getting low, they're not as worried about getting rid of them. When they had 10 X's each, there were fire sales to get them out since they weren't moving anywhere. Now that they cleared just a couple from each over the course of 1-2 months because of the awesome deals, they now have months to get rid of their remaining 1-4 X's before the 2010's come. That's just how I see it.

There will still be a few dealerships with more than others who may be willing to play ball, but if they're down to their last 2008 Evo X, they think that chances are they can sell it over the course of 3-4 months... that's just my theory on why the prices started going back up and amazing deals are becoming scarce.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotortuga
Stop being lazy and actually read the rest of this thread. I bought a PB SSS/Aero/SprtIntPkg about a month ago and there are plenty of posts about what is good pricing for these all throughout this thread. It is a little tiresome that new individuals with 2-3 post counts ask the SAME question over and over again, when simply taking ten to fifteen minutes to read this thread would answer all of their questions and more. And again, TTL [OTD] price is unique to every situation [regional wise], so just take the pricing guidelines previously posted and do a little of math of your own to arrive at a price that you feel is obtainable through your individual level of negotiating expertise.
I didn't mean to come off that way, i actually have read almost the whole thread, but the price ranges were so crazy i though i might as well ask what is a good number to put out there. Btw when i meant TTL i meant before TTL, not only that i had trouble seeing what people actually got because im planning to offer 31k OTD (CA) but im not sure if thats the price that people paid with or without the 2k rebate.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 944guy
somehow 10k off msrp is pretty hard to come by right now. im finding that 8k/6k (with rebate/with 0%) is the going discount right now everywhere i go... but im sure more is doable with some extra effort.
You may have a chance at getting 10k if you dont take the 0% financing and pay in full with your own finance company. I have actually noticed here in the bay area inventory getting a bit thin and prices going up a little. 8k with 0% financing used to be the going awsome deal, but I find it a bit harder to find now. I say aim for 8k, but don't expect it and settle for 7k off. Within the last week I don't see any dealers dropping below 30k before taxes for a X with sss.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wazhucks
I didn't mean to come off that way, i actually have read almost the whole thread, but the price ranges were so crazy i though i might as well ask what is a good number to put out there. Btw when i meant TTL i meant before TTL, not only that i had trouble seeing what people actually got because im planning to offer 31k OTD (CA) but im not sure if thats the price that people paid with or without the 2k rebate.
With what I've seen the past couple weeks prices have gone up a bit aim for 30k OTD. If the dealer settle on 30.5 - 31k OTD thats not bad.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248
F*CK THIS SHI*T..IM F*CKING FURIOUS!

mitsubishi is reallly pissing me off. I sold my G37 in 3 days cause i put a deposit on what is one of the last white evo x's on the east coast. they tell me i can pick it up saturday. saturday i get a phone call saying the car is a demo with over 3,000 miles and it was the last white on within 1,000 miles. Well 2 hours later they call me back saying they found the same exact one with only 88 miles about 2 hours away and it will be here monday. monday comes and they say they can't get a transporter so it will be here tuesday, tuesday they say the guy took off and it will be here wednsday with is today. I just got off the phone with them and he said he's still waiting on the call back from the dealer where my Evo is at and he said it doens't look like it will be her today either.

this if f*cking ridiculous!!! i sold my car! they go saturday, then mon, the, tues, then wed, now how the f*ck knows! They keep telling me the car is theres they just gotta go get it.

IF ANY OTHER DEALER HAS A WW EVO X WITH SSS/AERO PM ME. I HAVE CASH IN HAND TO BUY IT!!
Sucks man. I searched forever for that exact package and finally ended up giving up. Plus, I found out I liked blue better when I saw it in person. Good luck!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by koolzero
I was offered 12,500 for my 03 350Z touring 6spd with 33,000 miles, side airbags, navi (and lots of mods) and 15,500 for an 05 murano loaded (navi, reverse camera, dvd entertainment, seat memory, adjustable peddals) with 56,000 miles. Edmunds says the Murano is worth about 18K. They originally offered me 13,000 for it and was able to get them to bump it up some. They said they won't go up any more on the Z.

I first looked at this MR on Saturday and the sales person told me to bring my vehicles on Monday so they could tell me what they're worth. I get a call early on Monday saying that they have another guy interested in the same car as I am. I was told yesterday that I had to make my decision by 2pm yesterday and give up a $500 deposit because this guy that was interested in (who is out of town) was going to make up his mind then too. I didn't call him and get a call from the salesman yesterday at around 4pm and I tell him that I've decided that I don't want it.

So... I get a call this morning from him saying he's got great news and that he would be able to give me another 500 for both vehicles which is what bumped them up to the current trade in values. He tells me that the out of town guy never called back.

[img]http://www.kevebrown.com/Branson/DSC01504-800.jpg[img]

They're offering to sell me an X MR for 36,993 with navi and aero kit at 2.99% If I take 0% they will add 4,000 to the price. They are also giving a lifetime warranty on the drivetrain.

[img]http://www.kevebrown.com/uploader/files/2/DSC02636%20%28Medium%29.JPG[img]
Horrible deal. You should be able to get it for 36,9 at 0%.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Frankiago
It seems as though the number of available Evo X's across the country is running thin.

Sure there might be a large TOTAL number, but it's getting very finely spread, with most dealerships having anywhere from 1-4 X's. Since their individual numbers are getting low, they're not as worried about getting rid of them. When they had 10 X's each, there were fire sales to get them out since they weren't moving anywhere. Now that they cleared just a couple from each over the course of 1-2 months because of the awesome deals, they now have months to get rid of their remaining 1-4 X's before the 2010's come. That's just how I see it.

There will still be a few dealerships with more than others who may be willing to play ball, but if they're down to their last 2008 Evo X, they think that chances are they can sell it over the course of 3-4 months... that's just my theory on why the prices started going back up and amazing deals are becoming scarce.
Also now that it is just about summer they will sell more of the EVO X. People buy sports car in the summer and generally not in the winter. So not only will prices go up dealer stock will go down and you might see Mitsu drop a incentive (like the extra $2k back to the dealer) BETTER BUY NOW!!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbotortuga
Sweet Jesus. What's the purpose of a sticky when you get posts like this every single day? Just take a few minutes of your precious time and read upwards a little and magically most of your questions will be answered. But generally, 10K off of the msrp before taxes [with the 2k rebate] is the going price for any Evo X.
Price flexuates every so often.......
Old Apr 23, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aftershock141
Sucks man. I searched forever for that exact package and finally ended up giving up. Plus, I found out I liked blue better when I saw it in person. Good luck!
yea blue was actually my second choice. i love that blue.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:28 AM

Ok guys.....

I was originally shopping for an E46 M3, but I got a chance to stop by a local dealer here in Cali. 24,998 for GSR 5 speed. Considering that's about the price I would have paid for a used M3.....looks like I'll be jumpin' on that deal. Hell.....brand new car for about the same amount of money? I guess my German machine dreams will have to wait!

Dealers are droppin' the price right now! Great time to buy!
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Finally,... resale value on our used X will come back up and stabilize

Originally Posted by Frankiago

Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Do it now

Originally Posted by evo-ix-momo248
the mitsu dealer on rt. 10 in randolph, nj.

I think i found the dearl in pa where its located. Only an hour and a half away. I feel like just going straight to them and cut out this dam middle man dealership.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

heres my dilemma, i managed to find a black evoX but it doesnt have any packages so no SSS for 27k. dealer also has a red one that does have SS for 28k. I loooove black and am not a big fan of red. So do I sacrifice the SSS package for the black one or go with the red and get the beloved SSS with projector headlights
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

get SSS package 100%!!!! if anything you Do get the HID's and the key thing which is nifty. and the resale value will be a bit higher
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

greenville mitsu

EVO X SSS, navi and aero for 35 with ttl. Thats their asking price its a bit high eh?

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)