Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adambl03
If that's for a base GSR, that's just about right. $7k under MSRP with the 0% is the going price these days and $26k is exactly that.

If it's got any options on it, than that is a very good deal

Similar discount on my car.
Old May 3, 2009, 05:39 PM

Hey guys, I live in Texas, and am interested in buying from one of the So Cal dealerships. The price they gave me was $27999 for a Rally Red GSR w/ SSS. Now I know that I don't have to pay any California taxes but I'll have to pay taxes and registration fees in Texas correct? With taxes at 6.25% in Texas, would this be a good deal, or should I try Ron Herring instead?

Oh, also what happens to the shipping charges? How much are they generally, and are they negotiable (dealer pays for shipping, half/half for costs, Buyer pays for shipping)

Thanks in advance!
Old May 3, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by arabon66
Hey guys, I live in Texas, and am interested in buying from one of the So Cal dealerships. The price they gave me was $27999 for a Rally Red GSR w/ SSS. Now I know that I don't have to pay any California taxes but I'll have to pay taxes and registration fees in Texas correct? With taxes at 6.25% in Texas, would this be a good deal, or should I try Ron Herring instead?

Oh, also what happens to the shipping charges? How much are they generally, and are they negotiable (dealer pays for shipping, half/half for costs, Buyer pays for shipping)

Thanks in advance!
Yes Texas taxes(where your living now). Shipping I think runs around 600(not sure on this one) plus or minus a hundred, and I don't think its too negotiable.
Old May 3, 2009, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Project_Evo
Yes Texas taxes(where your living now). Shipping I think runs around 600(not sure on this one) plus or minus a hundred, and I don't think its too negotiable.

Ah I see, thanks for the quick reply!
I read somewhere that they had the dealer pay for half of the shipping cost so I was wondering, but does his offer sound reasonable? I'm worried, cause it seems like prices are climbing up again.
Old May 3, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by arabon66

Thanks in advance!
$27,999 with 0% APR? I've been trying to avoid going to Socal cuz I hate driving there, but it seems Norcal dealers can't match their pricing. Might have to get my X there.
Old May 4, 2009, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by tipoytm
$27,999 with 0% APR? I've been trying to avoid going to Socal cuz I hate driving there, but it seems Norcal dealers can't match their pricing. Might have to get my X there.
Oh sorry I wasn't being specific. I am going with the $2000 cash back instead of the 0%. So its actually 29,999 with 0%. Is this a normal deal? Can I do better than this?
Old May 5, 2009, 03:44 PM

Base MR....how much? I've read a lot about the GSR's but am wondering what what be good with 0% financing on a MR. Invoice is 36,700 includes destination.
Old May 5, 2009, 03:57 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jo151
Base MR....how much? I've read a lot about the GSR's but am wondering what what be good with 0% financing on a MR. Invoice is 36,700 includes destination.
It all depends on where you live, the dealerships around, the number of Evos they have on their lot and if you're willing to go out of state for the right deal.

In a best case scenario, you can get $7k off MSRP with 0% financing. Or, you can get closer to $9k off MSRP with the $2000 cash back.

It really depends on how much research you do on price (lots of good info in this thread). And how many other dealerships you're willing to call. You'll have to work hard to find the deal, but it will be well worth it when you do.

Good luck
Old May 5, 2009, 04:07 PM

^^^^^ Thanks!
Old May 6, 2009, 11:37 AM

So listening to you guys story about socal make me jealouse. I just went and looked at a 08 gsr with sss package with 14k miles on it they were asking 28k. I said no, they came back with 27k out the door with taxes, tags and title all included (first price didnt include anything). Honestly I havent found much better of a deal, where im at in MD or anywhere within 2 or 3 hundered miles. What do you guys think?
Old May 6, 2009, 11:54 AM

a used evo? wouldnt that not qualify for 0%
Old May 6, 2009, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheLegend
a used evo? wouldnt that not qualify for 0%
Not the Mitsu deal...
Old May 6, 2009, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hockey88
So listening to you guys story about socal make me jealouse. I just went and looked at a 08 gsr with sss package with 14k miles on it they were asking 28k. I said no, they came back with 27k out the door with taxes, tags and title all included (first price didnt include anything). Honestly I havent found much better of a deal, where im at in MD or anywhere within 2 or 3 hundered miles. What do you guys think?
Def. not worth it. I don't think you can even qualify on the 0% with a used evo.... For 30k OTD you can get the same vehicle at 0% APR... Terrible deal on a used 14k Evo.
Old May 7, 2009, 06:39 AM

I found some time to log on and read this...if it's been titled you can't get the 0% UNLESS it was registered as a Mitsubishi demo car...if it's an 08 with 14K on it that's probably what it is...ask the question, because if it was a demo that they put into their inventory then you can get the rate, the only draw-back is that the factory warranty started the day they took it off demo status. Check into that with the dealer, if that's the case it's a pretty good deal for $27K OTD with the 0%.
Old May 7, 2009, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

any one near Louisville Ky? may be in the market in a few months

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)