Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm having such a hard time here in Jersey... Only 2 dealerships in the 50 mile radius have X's, and one of them only has one GSR SSS OB. The other one has about 11, but they'd rather screw themself than give $6,000 off MSRP, and they only have a loaded PB GSR.

Just how hard is it to privately sell a car in this market? I have an 07 EX Civic. I can boast awesome fuel mileage and Honda's reliability, plus it has the factory aero kit on it so it stands out from the majority... but I don't want to be stuck trying to sell it for a few months. South Coast just seems like the best option for me.
Old May 7, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ im kinda in the same boat, very few mitsu dealers in MA and they have between 0-5 evos each, no one wants to go below 6k off msrp, its ridiculous. I need to trade my car in too, so I have to buy it from a local dealer
Old May 7, 2009, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, it's tough to do this whole transaction with a trade in that has negative equity on it.

Has anyone gotten a better deal from SC than what they offer? Or are they firm on their advertised "smashed" prices?
Old May 7, 2009, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

I laugh at the thought that you all think that the dealer is going to take $6k off of their car and then in return give you full trade in value for your car. lol If you have a trade in there is no reason you should even be looking in this thread because it makes no difference what everybody else paid all that matters to yall should the "difference" that you have to pay from your trade to the X.

Last edited by scottatyamaha; May 7, 2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old May 7, 2009, 11:46 AM

what dealers have you guys tried in nj and boston? what was the lowest you could get them to go? 6k off a base or sss only isnt bad (with 0%), but off sss+aero i want more...
Old May 7, 2009, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

my 09 lancer gts loaded, i bought for 21.5k 13 months ago. It has 15k miles on it now and most dealers are willing to give me 16k for it and sell me the evo with SSS for 30k OTD, no 0% financing. So I'm looking at 14k difference. I really cant do it with that kind of difference. I need to get it down to 10-11k + tax. Is this going to be possible?? I mean when I bought my car if I would have paid an extra 10k I would have been able to buy an evo then (32.5k). I realize its not the same now cause my car has miles and the evo is still new, but I think it should be much closer to that same 10-12k difference.

BTW, I owe 10.5k on the lancer still so at least I have 5.5k equity in it. Basically I would put another 2k down and then finance the difference between the purchase price of the evo and the 7.5k cash/trade equity.
Old May 7, 2009, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
I laugh at the thought that you all think that the dealer is going to take $6k off of their car and then in return give you full trade in value for your car. lol If you have a trade in there is no reason you should even be looking in this thread because it makes no difference what everybody else paid all that matters to yall should the "difference" that you have to pay from your trade to the X.
You troll this thread, make things up, and make no sense. We are prospective buyers, therefore this thread is 100% applicable to us. You, however, already over paid and have nothing constructive to say, so why are you looking in this thread?

Where did I say that I want full trade in value? The difference, aka the negative equity, can be added onto the prices others are posting here. It's simple addition, so I don't know see how having a trade in disqualifies us from being here.
Old May 7, 2009, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

^+1
Old May 7, 2009, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fishstix
You troll this thread, make things up, and make no sense. We are prospective buyers, therefore this thread is 100% applicable to us. You, however, already over paid and have nothing constructive to say, so why are you looking in this thread?

Where did I say that I want full trade in value? The difference, aka the negative equity, can be added onto the prices others are posting here. It's simple addition, so I don't know see how having a trade in disqualifies us from being here.

I had this thread started and have been enjoying my EVO X for 1.5 years.
Old May 7, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
my 09 lancer gts loaded, i bought for 21.5k 13 months ago. It has 15k miles on it now and most dealers are willing to give me 16k for it and sell me the evo with SSS for 30k OTD, no 0% financing. So I'm looking at 14k difference. I really cant do it with that kind of difference. I need to get it down to 10-11k + tax. Is this going to be possible?? I mean when I bought my car if I would have paid an extra 10k I would have been able to buy an evo then (32.5k). I realize its not the same now cause my car has miles and the evo is still new, but I think it should be much closer to that same 10-12k difference.

BTW, I owe 10.5k on the lancer still so at least I have 5.5k equity in it. Basically I would put another 2k down and then finance the difference between the purchase price of the evo and the 7.5k cash/trade equity.

Not possible you are still expecting to pay the same difference as if your car was new. Totaly out of this world. I would laugh you out of the dealership.
Old May 7, 2009, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

You are too worried of what the sale price of the car is. You are probably the guy that goes into the dealership and says that he does not have trade and then works his best deal and then springs his trade into the deal and thinks he is going to pull one over on the dealer. Duh....they just give you less for your trade. The only # you should be worried about is what the difference is.
Old May 7, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

You are too worried of what the sale price of the car is. You are probably the guy that goes into the dealership and says that he does not have trade and then works his best deal and then springs his trade into the deal and thinks he is going to pull one over on the dealer. Duh....they just give you less for your trade. The only # you should be worried about is what the difference is.
No, I set up an appointment to have my car appraised prior to dealing so that they cannot change their offer later.

What is your whole deal with the difference? It's common sense to take that into account. The prices people are getting here is what that difference should be comprised of.
Old May 7, 2009, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

No, I set up an appointment to have my car appraised prior to dealing so that they cannot change their offer later.

What is your whole deal with the difference? It's common sense to take that into account. The prices people are getting here is what that difference should be comprised of.
lol....you have alot to learn rookie.
Old May 7, 2009, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

lol....you have alot to learn rookie.
wtf is ur problem buddy? u pissed we are gonna get evos for less then what u paid
Old May 7, 2009, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
wtf is ur problem buddy? u pissed we are gonna get evos for less then what u paid
You dont get it either. I have had 1.5 years of use on my EVO, I would hope you would be paying less for almost 2 years worth of depreciation. I still have it better than anyone buying a EVO now as to I have enjoyed mine for much longer and it has not been sitting outside in the weather rotting for 2 years.....lol!! Have fun getting all those hard water spots off and wondering how hard those first 200 test drive miles were. lol

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)