Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2009, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thevidon
Ok update for the OTD fanatics. According to my sales sheet I am paying 27.6k OTD.

Once gain this is with SSS, Aero and interior kit - brand new. My local dealerships refused to price match this price, which is why im buying it from a ways away.
I live right outside of Philly and will drive all the way over there to buy that car if they give me a price like that. It doesn't even have to be that good. I just called Castle Mitsu and I'm waiting for the salesman to call me back to let me know what they have in stock.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

I just got off the phone with them. It sounds like I'll have my Evo as soon as finals are done.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jwoods986
SSS for 29K w/0% OTD? Good luck. I know a few people around the country got deals like that, but I think that time has passed. A GSR w/SSS is $35,640 and TTL varies by state, but let's assume 2-3K, you're easily looking at $37-39K going off sticker. $30.5K OTD is a damn good deal, especially w/0%.

mmartahus - Like I said, let me know what dealer offered you that price and I'll contact them. btw - what's the price of the car itself, without TTL? thx

I agree. 29k deals good luck on that! 29k-30k is still not impossible to find, but good luck on that, because those deals are pretty much all gone as inventory at many dealerships has fallen. A more realistic number now is sss OTD for mid 30-31k. You will have to search for quiet sometime to find 29k still. Buyers searching for those deals should have jumped on an Evo a couple months ago.
Originally Posted by freshpl
whats wrong with rr?
RR is the equal to subaru blue. Its the color behind the evo... I don't know either why it's so unpopular, but at the same time I believe Mitsu had came out with a lot of the color more than others(correct me if I'm wrong).

Last edited by Project_Evo; May 12, 2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 944guy
dang you are one angry chap scott. why are you even in this thread? you have an evo, you don't have any tips on deals around the nation. no offense but aren't there other places on the big great interwebs where you can troll?
No sh*t, +100000 to everything said ^

And yes, Scott, $30.5K OTD for a GSR, SSS, w/0%, is still a good deal no matter what your tax is. If your taxes are high or it's the exact car you're looking for (color/options), then it's a great deal. But we're rookies, so what do we know?

Last edited by jwoods986; May 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome - what did you end up getting?
He guaranteed me that I won't walk out over the price. I'm not going to say how much he said until I go in person and work everything out, but I'm thinking something similar to your price.

What bothered me was that I said "Phantom" black and he said they only had Tarmac black or something. I asked if he was 100% positive that they were 08 Evo X's, and he said that they have the SSS and aero and one has the navi, so I guess the book he was referencing was wrong? Well, I'm going over there next week so I'll see in person. It's less than an hour to get there.
Old May 12, 2009, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

And yes, Scott, $30.5K OTD for a GSR, SSS, w/0%, is still a good deal no matter what your tax is. If your taxes are high or it's the exact car you're looking for (color/options), then it's a great deal. But we're rookies, so what do we know?
South Carolina tax = $300
California tax = $2,000

So if we both paid $30,500 otd for the car the dude in Cali actually paid $1700 less for his car than I did since tax goes to the state not the dealer. That is why you are a rookie. So do not talk in OTD price of the car because that makes the sale price of the car vary in the case above by $1700.
Old May 12, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Stop spreading this^ kind of bad information in this thread. The difference from state to state in sales tax can be thousands of dollars, so a price of $30,500 may a ok deal here in SC but in Cali it is a much better price otd by almost $2k!!!!
Old May 12, 2009, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
Stop spreading this^ kind of bad information in this thread. The difference from state to state in sales tax can be thousands of dollars, so a price of $30,500 may a ok deal here in SC but in Cali it is a much better price otd by almost $2k!!!!
Which is exactly what I said! You must have done really well on reading comprehension tests.
Old May 12, 2009, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
South Carolina tax = $300
California tax = $2,000

So if we both paid $30,500 otd for the car the dude in Cali actually paid $1700 less for his car than I did since tax goes to the state not the dealer. That is why you are a rookie. So do not talk in OTD price of the car because that makes the sale price of the car vary in the case above by $1700.
Obviously, that's what I said - it's a good deal, but if you live in a high tax state, it's a great deal. Try again.

btw - this "rookie" has probably bought and sold more cars than you've done deals on in your little financing department.
Old May 12, 2009, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

idk where you guys are getting these numbers i sold my sti i'll prob just pull the trigger on the new sti hatchback i called 6 stealerships best i got was 34k otd 6%taxinMI
for base GSR w/SSS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...3A1|240%3A1318

now thats a deal

Last edited by freshpl; May 12, 2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: deal
Old May 12, 2009, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Com'on now people!?? Can't we all just get along!?!?
Old May 12, 2009, 06:19 PM

idk where you guys are getting these numbers i sold my sti i'll prob just pull the trigger on the new sti hatchback i called 6 stealerships best i got was 34k otd 6%taxinMI
for base GSR w/SSS

Trust me you go into a dealership with money they will be willing to work something out...I got mine right after i sold my sti for 27k and they told me over the phone 33k...so all depends on the numbers when you get there.
Old May 13, 2009, 09:13 AM

So I picked up my shiny new RR Evo X last night. Everything went great, and the price I previously quoted in this thread is indeed what I payed in the end ($26.5k w/ SSS, Aero, interior kit).

To those in contact with Castle Mitsu, I tried to get them to price match my offer so I could buy locally but they refused. You should be able to work them down a bit from the window price of 29.9k however.
Old May 13, 2009, 09:14 AM

So I picked up my shiny new RR Evo X last night. Everything went great, and the price I previously quoted in this thread is indeed what I payed in the end ($26.5k w/ SSS, Aero, interior kit).

To those in contact with Castle Mitsu, I tried to get them to price match my offer so I could buy locally but they refused. You should be able to work them down a bit from the window price of 29.9k however.
good job vidon. i was looking at that rr one but in the end its just not the color i want. when you get a chance can you send us a scan of something we can use for pricematching? (i know a few asked). that would be super awesome!
Old May 13, 2009, 09:56 AM

That's an awesome deal, thevidon. Congrats! I still need to get mine!

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)