Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Idle ReFlash, MR or GSR or Both?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idle ReFlash, MR or GSR or Both?

Alright guys and gals,

Long story short, drove to resturant (no issues with car), parked car, ate in resturant, started the car after we ate and the car took a few more engine turnovers to start. Once started, the idle was bouncing up and down between 250 rpm and 1000 for about 5 seconds then stalled. Started the car back up, idled fine. Drove home with no issues. First time this has happend since buying the car 2 months ago.

I know there are reflashes concerning the idle issues but are they for the GSR only? If not, I assume they will work on the MR? I do not know if my car has received any reflashes.

Don't know if it was a freak one time thing, but if this idle issue still persists, I will take it to the dealership to get a reflash.

Any thoughts?
Old Oct 31, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

I tried to get a reflash today and the idiot told me that if there is no CEL, they wont be able to do it. Also i told him about the bog higher RPM at a higher speed and he proceeds to tell me that its a limiter in the car to prevent some crap..... at 5k RPM? I'm gonna try a different dealership on Monday.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

I have yet to experience the higher rpm bog people are talking about, maybe I have but just didn't notice, or is it something very noticeable? Well, if the idle issue happens again, I will take it to a reputable dealer here in Dallas Texas.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JDW1479
Alright guys and gals,

Long story short, drove to resturant (no issues with car), parked car, ate in resturant, started the car after we ate and the car took a few more engine turnovers to start. Once started, the idle was bouncing up and down between 250 rpm and 1000 for about 5 seconds then stalled. Started the car back up, idled fine. Drove home with no issues. First time this has happend since buying the car 2 months ago.

I know there are reflashes concerning the idle issues but are they for the GSR only? If not, I assume they will work on the MR? I do not know if my car has received any reflashes.

Don't know if it was a freak one time thing, but if this idle issue still persists, I will take it to the dealership to get a reflash.

Any thoughts?
Get the reflash if it hasn't been done already. It solves most our problems.

As for high RPM cut-off...I still notice it, even after 2 reflashes.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

the ecu flashes should only be for the gsr's. i dont think they have any flashes for the mr's