Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Well I finally got reasonable seat time in an Evo X.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
the Mitsubishi Evolution have no special place in the racing history or the Mitshubishi?
Oh boy , you are really clueless...
Just hit up the history book why the Porsche pulled out from the safari rally or in that matter any type of rally

By the way the Porsche 996 not really problem free, in that comparison the Evo is a better car. Not to mention the maintainance cost. Specially if you are road racing.

You need to look around at least before you talking crap.
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=400915
http://www.renntech.org/forums/index...howtopic=22586
http://www.automotiveforums.com/t73502.html
http://www.trackpedia.com/forums/arc...php?t-683.html

ETC.

By the way the GT3 RS is my favorite, too. But the only thing is, the half of the money you will spend for the GT3 RS, to spend on the Evo X,the X will give you a life time thrill, and your GT3RS will be obsolete.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UFO
That's great that you put that one sentence in there, but the rest of your post was the complete opposite and it seems quite obvious you see a car as a status symbol. My reading apprehension is awesome thanks, I went to school and everything. The IX is certainly not an iconic car that will be remembered and I really don't see where you get that idea. The X IS special because of the handling, especially in the USDM, because it outshines all of the previous models. The X is a step in a slightly different direction while somewhat holding on to the heritage of the vehicle. Have you heard it's doing decently well in rallies too??

You don't have to preach to me about the 996:

BUT, I got more looky loos in that car than any of my Evos. My Mitsubishi also has better interior. Go figure.
Lol at me buying a car for status symbol, how many track days do you have under your belt? I don't have anyone to impress with my car; because quite frankly I'm a pretty chill dude with no need to attract anyone with my material possessions. I'm a purist and nothing short of it, I think Miata's are amazing, have huge respect for the technology and potential of K20a's, and am truly inspired by the engineering of cars. My point is the Evo X looks plain Jane.

For everyone who has knocked me I never said the car sucked or anything in fact I praised it's performance but what does it have to offer that stands out? S-ayc? that's not new. Mivec? that's not new. Each evolution offered something that the previous ones did not, and the X is a combination of everything already offered in every evo packed into one. Nothing is innovative. You can say what you will UFO but seeing as you are attacking me lets get this straight you own a Carrera 4 which is about as common in the rich housewife community as an alley ******* in the red district of Amsterdam. Thus the 996 was never a great car not even the GT2 it was unbalanced, in fact every 996 I've driven has left me with a bad taste in my mouth outside of the GT3 and GT3RS.

I've never bought cars for looks or I wouldn't own an Evo, because to be quite honest most if not all of my friends have said "Dude, why not get a Mercedes for the price of that rice bucket." I'd be driving a Mercedes if I cared about image I care about the overall experience and performance of a car. I must say that I'm growing out of my boy racer image and more into the full out offerings of a car starting from the sound of it, performance of it, and ending at the full out pleasure of its aesthetics and offerings. An Evo no matter how powerful will not offer the sounds and joys that a Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, Alpha, etc. will.

Oh and p.s. I still love evo's the turbo whoosh and things of the sort. Always have and always will. I'm tired of being attacked though and to Robispec I don't need to read anything I'd rather experience. Luckily I've experienced some awesome machines and hold no bias to any car company or car unlike most people here. I could go on about how fascinating some honda's are to the fascination of alfa romeo, and further to the likes of a few exotics. Every car has its place and once again these are my opinions.

Last edited by Boostfiend; Nov 1, 2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 05:30 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
Lol at me buying a car for status symbol, how many track days do you have under your belt? I don't have anyone to impress with my car; because quite frankly I'm a pretty chill dude with no need to attract anyone with my material possessions. I've beat the living guts out of my dad's superleggera and thought nothing about the bull symbol. I'm a purist and nothing short of it, I think Miata's are amazing, have huge respect for the technology and potential of K20a's, and am truly inspired by the engineering of cars. My point is the Evo X looks plain Jane.
I probably have more track days under my belt than you, but I don't see how that's relevant?

Want me to post pics of the other cars I've tracked too?

Who cares if it looks plain Jane (other than you, of course)? The Evo is a performance car and people rarely buy it for its looks. The performance is all that matters and you really can't fault it on that front (apart from power).

For everyone who has knocked me I never said the car sucked or anything in fact I praised it's performance but what does it have to offer that stands out? S-ayc? that's not new. Mivec? that's not new. Each evolution offered something that the previous ones did not, and the X is a combination of everything already offered in every evo packed into one. Nothing is innovative. You can say what you will UFO but seeing as you are attacking me lets get this straight you own a Carrera 4 which is about as common in the rich housewife community as an alley ******* in the red district of Amsterdam. Thus the 996 was never a great car not even the GT2 it was unbalanced, in fact every 996 I've driven has left me with a bad taste in my mouth outside of the GT3 and GT3RS.
Yes, S-AYC IS new and so is dual MIVEC. Dual MIVEC is new across the board but S-AYC has never been on American shores before now on a production Evo. The wider wheelbase, more rigid chassis, brakes, dual MIVEC, ASC, etc. are, in fact, all new and innovative.

I'm not attacking you, but take it like that if you wish. I'm offering my opinion and pointing out where I think you are misguided. I don't know about you, but I can have a discussion without resorting to insults. Which leads us to you attacking my 996.... I sold that car after I blew the engine. Say what you will, but that car was as fast round the track as my modified Evo. I was also the only person in my neighbourhood with a 996, but you obviously live in an area where everyone drives 996 C4s. The C4 was a rewarding track car if you drove it properly.

I've never bought cars for looks or I wouldn't own an Evo, because to be quite honest most if not all of my friends have said "Dude, why not get a Mercedes for the price of that rice bucket." I'd be driving a Mercedes if I cared about image I care about the overall experience and performance of a car. I must say that I'm growing out of my boy racer image and more into the full out offerings of a car starting from the sound of it, performance of it, and ending at the full out pleasure of its aesthetics and offerings. An Evo no matter how powerful will not offer the sounds and joys that a Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, Alpha, etc. will.
Yet you won't buy a X because it's bland? OK....

Oh and p.s. I still love evo's the turbo whoosh and things of the sort. Always have and always will. I'm tired of being attacked though and to Robispec I don't need to read anything I'd rather experience. Luckily I've experienced some awesome machines and hold no bias to any car company or car unlike most people here. I could go on about how fascinating some honda's are to the fascination of alfa romeo, and further to the likes of a few exotics. Every car has its place and once again these are my opinions.
Every car has its place except the X, right?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wow.... Car just came out and you compare its SHORT history to accomplishments of Evo 6 ?? Wow How about you wait few years, and see how competitive EvoX actually is ? Maybe next year Mitsubishi will return to WRC with X and will win the title. Do you have a crystal ball that states otherwise ?

And what makes 9 so special anyhow ?

This is the major problem with this board, reading comprehension and the set desire to attack someone rather than understand their point of view. Why have I said the X is not special? Because it's not and I understand you're going to defend the car you drive until you no longer own it. 996 Porsche anything is not special, yes it's a Porsche and yes if you see one on the road you may thing that's nice but it holds no place in history. Years later you won't see anyone speaking of a 996 Turbo like you will an E30 or Superbird etc.

I think there are a few evo's that are not special although they are Evo's people will remember the V's VI's VI's and IX's. In fact people are still raving about the 9's and the car is going on three years old. The new Evo is civilized and when the Evo XI rolls out the Evo X will just be another evo. It won't be a Tommi Makinen, it won't be an FQ400, it'll just be another car.

If you re-read you'll see that I typed you should not buy a car for other people, it's clearly stated in my message. I will be buying a Porsche because I'm tired of AWD cars, I'm not going to sell my Evo but surely I'm over the ease of AWD drivetrains. In fact I've been driving my friends S2000 more and more to up my driving skill. I want a Porsche because PCNA does more track days than any other group in America with ACNA being a close by. My point of looking was that I didn't get any kids pointing and wishing it was their car and like I said kids are a good indication of a car being "abnormal" or "outstanding" because they could not care less about brand name if it looks out of the norm. Either way to close this thread it is MY opinion and time will tell, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong no harm no foul and I'm not going to cry. If I'm right I surely won't pull a Richard Hammond and request you congratulate me. Thanks for reading.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 05:52 PM

I've owned an E46 M3, Audi S4, STi, a WRX, Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nur (internship) and two E36 M3's, and my graduation car is likely to be a Porsche GT3RS now let me start with the review.
Sounds like someone is here to toot his own horn.

PS: I hope you are graduating med school with a PhD in brain surgery and not high school...

</opinion>
Old Nov 1, 2008, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To the OP: everyone is entitled to their opinion and that's fine. I do disagree with a lot of what you said, mainly that the X doesn't offer anything innovative. The new engine, AWD system, and chassis are nothing short of incredible. AYC is nothing new, you're right, but the new system is much improved over the AYC on the 9. SAWC is pretty impressive as well IMO, what with how it integrates all the different sensors and control units into one single entity.

As far as your comment about the car being nothing special and just a commuter with short bursts of speed is concerned, all I have to say is wow. You have obviously not pushed the car hard enough to see what it can really do or seen any of the track test results if you make comments like that. Saying that the car has gone soft and is no longer the EVO that it used to be because it has a couple of new options like navi and bluetooth is retarded. Offering a few new options and making the styling a bit more mature doesn't mean that the car has lost it's edge.

Again, you are entitled to your opinion but I think you're really wrong about the car. Either way this thread is pointless and you shouldn't have started it. There were about a million of these threads from evo 9 owners who said the same kind of crap that you have and yet as time has passed by, more and more of them have switched over to the X after seeing how great it really is. I guess if daddy was buying me a GT3 I wouldn't consider one either though.

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Nov 1, 2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 1, 2008, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
sorry i cant see have the x isant innovative when it has a totally different engine and most sophisticated suspension mitsu ever pieced together. is this not innovative enough? since more money is spent on producing as evidence of the cost a porsche im guessing would reign supreme. im sure if mitsu wanted to they could create the evo into a supercar and jack up the prices due to top of the line performance parts
Old Nov 2, 2008, 04:11 AM
Evolved Member

"Neither hold a place in history though as previously stated."
"All in all the car performs wonderful mitsu got rid of the understeer for the most part and the S-AYC works better due to the car having more weight."
"I think there are a few evo's that are not special although they are Evo's people will remember the V's VI's VI's and IX's. In fact people are still raving about the 9's and the car is going on three years old. The new Evo is civilized and when the Evo XI rolls out the Evo X will just be another evo. It won't be a Tommi Makinen, it won't be an FQ400, it'll just be another car."

just a plain miss informed guy from the net.

just one comment on this whole bla bla. The Evo X FQ 400 is already in the building stage. The FQ 300 - 360 on the street. The X did a 24 hr race in Silverstone with the Evo X FQ400 prototype already.

boy , you got to like the opinions presented as a facts, without knowledge

Last edited by Robevo RS; Nov 2, 2008 at 04:14 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

God, what a stupid, pointless thread.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Old Nov 2, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My parents have owned an E46 M3, Audi S4, STi, a WRX, Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nur (internship) and two E36 M3's...
fixed

Originally Posted by MrBonus
God, what a stupid, pointless thread.
Last chance for everyone to get in before the "Evo X vs. Evo IX" merge!

Last edited by macPSU; Nov 2, 2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by macPSU
fixed

Last chance for everyone to get in before the "Evo X vs. Evo IX" merge!

Old Nov 2, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha...nice write up. everybody is entitled to an opinion. if i could have both i'd take the IX and X.

both good cars in their own respect.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 07:41 PM

Both MR and GSR and here's what I think about them. Let me start off by saying yes I am an Evo IX MR owner and this is my 2nd one, I am in no way loyal to IX's nor Mitsubishi in fact these cars have been my college "learning" cars. I've owned an E46 M3, Audi S4, STi, a WRX, Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nur (internship) and two E36 M3's, and my graduation car is likely to be a Porsche GT3RS now let me start with the review.
Alot of guys on this forum bust their backs just to even buy an Evo. Calling the IX just your college "learning" car and declaring that you'll be gifted a GT3RS when you "graduate" makes you sound, well...spoiled. Maybe it does not matter if you are or aren't, but alot of guys are going to hold that against you. I'm not saying I'd turn down a supercar at age 22, but you've got to be prepared to accept that it's going to rub people the wrong way.

I believe children are the best judgement for car appeal and the WOW factor. I drive next to mini-vans in my evo IX and I always get some kid that waves, gets excited and starts shaking his little teddy because my car is not like daddy or mommy's. I never got that with the X and I rode next to a few cars with kids. Every car before the IX is "cool" it has a wow factor. Almost similar to that of say a lotus elise or a noble. You shouldn't buy cars for other people but what I am saying is the car doesn't hold a special place in car history or peoples hearts. It's the same thing with the new STi that car is no longer special. The MR is the Goth kid who got fed up and started sporting Abercrombie t-shirts to fit in with the better looking more popular jocks, but the transition is just awkward.
That quote about kids not shaking their teddy bears at your X is flat out disturbing. I know what you are trying to say, but that's reads like something Michael Jackson would post. Where do you rank icecream trucks? (I'm joking)

But seriously, who checks out the kiddies in the back of a minivan?...most Evo owners I know are too busy checking out the Mommies.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 12:39 AM
.MM
Evolved Member

double post

Last edited by .MM; Nov 3, 2008 at 12:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Well I finally got reasonable seat time in an Evo X.